Nintendo Switch stuff

Will U?

• Total voters
The N64 games are going to be Nintendo Online only aren't they :bruised:

I've got no interest in online gaming, but I'd quite like to buy the titles individually so I can play indefinitely at my own leisure :(

Do we know if it's going to be the remastered Ocarina and Majora's, or straightforward BOG STANDARD N64 ports :D

Yep, they're on the online service but you also have to pay an additional cost for the 'expansion pack' that includes N64 and Mega Drive games - no details of the pricing yet, but it's out next month so we should hear soon enough.

Will we still have these games when all is said and done (I don't quite know what I think will be said or be done, but you know what I mean)? It would be a shame to lose some of those unexpected SNES games and my lord at what the Megadrive could throw up if they really went for it. What a curve ball hearing that S-E-G-A-A-A

Hmm the Megadrive selection left something to be desired considering they want more money for it, and considering you CAN buy most of them all at once on the Megadrive Classics compilation that was put a few years ago. Possibly ALL of them but I can’t remember exactly.

Also apparently they're releasing the six button controller in Japan but just the stupid three button one in the West, for some reason :o

The N64 games on the European version of the service will apparently be the PAL versions that run at 50Hz as well, which is a bit annoying - you'd think the days of us getting crappier slow versions of games was over!

Apparently it's any game that features significant amounts of text, because only the PAL versions feature other European language options. They really should just give you the option to select which region ROM you want to play for each game, I just bought the Castlevania Advance collection and it lets you do this for all the games so it can't be THAT hard to implement surely.

Just let us play the best versions of the Zelda games on the Switch FFS :D

I have this issue with Square and Capcom too - make your old games available and people will PURCHASE them. Such an easy passive income for these companies too IF THEY BOTHERED!

Reactions: COB
I assumed the US box arts for some N64 games was because of the online component. Why not just let people choose between them, and I'd bet people who don't speak English would still go with the better versions.

Don't you gays know the French? It's probably AGAINST CONSUMER LAW to publish games with English only if they are available in FRANÇAIS :shock:

Also I found out ActRaiser is like 30 DOLLARS or something silly for a DIGITAL game, NO FANK YOU!

There should be no issue issuing both versions and even on Wii U we got adjusted versions that required minimal text adjustments.

Also I found out ActRaiser is like 30 DOLLARS or something silly for a DIGITAL game, NO FANK YOU!

I guess it’s a bit of a time consuming game so I’m not THAT annoyed, but yeah it’s on the wish list for the sales. 33% off and I’ll probably bite

For people into it, there seems to be new Kingdom hearts ports on the way. I guess 3 is already there but they said you’ll be able to play through the whole story via KH 1.5 & 2.5 remix, some 2.9 final chapter thing and then 3.

For some reason I watched the final Smash Bros fighter reveal, which was Sora, including a lovely Simple and Clean orchestral swell :disco:

For some reason I watched the final Smash Bros fighter reveal, which was Sora, including a lovely Simple and Clean orchestral swell :disco:
I didn't watch it as I assumed it would be crap, and I am sad because I disneygay gasped when I saw a tweet about it (though no disney characters will be involved in smash).

The games themselves will be cloud versions, which is weird, because the Switch should be able to run the first two games no bother.

I didn't watch it as I assumed it would be crap, and I am sad because I disneygay gasped when I saw a tweet about it (though no disney characters will be involved in smash).

The games themselves will be cloud versions, which is weird, because the Switch should be able to run the first two games no bother.

What IS a cloud version, you can only play through that online service thing?

I don't rate Disney much and admittedly I only hate-played it three or four years ago but Kingdom Hearts 1 was one of the CRAPPIEST games I've ever played in my life. Broken camera, button-mashy, glitchy, nonsensical plot, the works. It looked nice, but that's all it had going for it.

The way the fandom are trying to make sense of a make-it-up-as-you-go-along plot over the five or six games they've farted is more interesting than the games themselves.

Kingdom Hearts is one of the WORST major franchises ever! Nonsensical, made up as it goes along, BORING button-bashing gameplay and empty worlds with a Disney-themed skin chucked over them.

I'm still mad at myself for desperately trying to pretend I enjoyed playing the first two games on PS2.

You are both wrong. Kingdom Hearts is great! The gameplay is super fun (especially 2) and the madness is entirely part of the charm. I haven't played many of the spinoffs but the "mainline" games are definitely worthwhile.

You are both wrong. Kingdom Hearts is great! The gameplay is super fun (especially 2) and the madness is entirely part of the charm. I haven't played many of the spinoffs but the "mainline" games are definitely worthwhile.

Yeah I mean Square Enix plus Disney! But my motion sickness thwarted my attempt at playing KH1 :(

I don't rate Disney much and admittedly I only hate-played it three or four years ago but Kingdom Hearts 1 was one of the CRAPPIEST games I've ever played in my life. Broken camera, button-mashy, glitchy, nonsensical plot, the works. It looked nice, but that's all it had going for it.

The way the fandom are trying to make sense of a make-it-up-as-you-go-along plot over the five or six games they've farted is more interesting than the games themselves.
Kingdom Hearts is one of the WORST major franchises ever! Nonsensical, made up as it goes along, BORING button-bashing gameplay and empty worlds with a Disney-themed skin chucked over them.

I'm still mad at myself for desperately trying to pretend I enjoyed playing the first two games on PS2.
106372.jpg

:tongueout:

What IS a cloud version, you can only play through that online service thing?
Basically the game isn't running on your Switch, you download a client program that lets you stream the game (so you need a decent internet connection to play, and you can't play it offline).

Are there any good trade in deals?

It does look lovely for Metroid Dread

Noice. I wonder if people on the internet let them know that they wanted this :eyes:

I'm foolishly excited to play games I already have, either physically or on the Wii U. Except for that Konami one, that could be a curio.

So the new expansion to NSO is an additional £17? I swear I've read so many times people bleating on the full price of the 2 tiers as the price for it, but true enough, I've just looked up the price and Nintendo themselves are not making this ultra (64) clear, which is absolutely shocking of course.

So the new expansion to NSO is an additional £17? I swear I've read so many times people bleating on the full price of the 2 tiers as the price for it, but true enough, I've just looked up the price and Nintendo themselves are not making this ultra (64) clear, which is absolutely shocking of course.

There WAS a video reveal about it released around the same time as the Direct but it didn't recommend it to me again so I didn’t seek it out. How much is the old one in the UK?

There WAS a video reveal about it released around the same time as the Direct but it didn't recommend it to me again so I didn’t seek it out. How much is the old one in the UK?

£18. It's not quite an even amount. They really should have dolloped GameBoy (including Colour) and GBA in there too.

I still think the Genesis thing is not really much of a selling point, as much as I love love love it, but because the Megadrive Classics collection (which I’m sure I bought on sale) appears to have most/all of those games featured. Perhaps not Strider - which I guess is why they featured it so heavily :eyes:

And paying subscription for the AC DLC when it’s not really that expensive to buy outright is a bit of a scam.

So all in all, you REALLY need to be planning on playing the N64 games a lot. They’d better hope there’s more content coming

£18. It's not quite an even amount. They really should have dolloped GameBoy (including Colour) and GBA in there too.

I wonder how hard it really IS the port things. Presumably it’s easiest to just make emulator software, and then doll up the ROMs if necessary. There already are ROMs of basically everything, I can’t see why rights holders would be against rereleases

Unless you are Satan and you have the Sonic 3 rights :evil:

The rumour is that GB/GBA were both ready long before N64. Maybe they want to spread it out and get their moneys worth out of the Sega fees (I personally think the Sega Ages series, had it been more steady in its flow, was the much more like it retro proposition).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom