Ninth console generation (Xbox Series X and Playstation 5)

I'm expecting this to be released officially pretty soon, but here's a leaked trailer for the Xbox Series S:

This is a lower powered budget console which seems to be aimed more at players who plan to use the Game Pass Ultimate streaming service.

I mean I SAY budget, it's still £250 :eyes: I'm expecting the XSX and PS5 to be over £400.

It doesn’t look appealing, who wants a next gen console that does less (mind you I don’t understand specs). The PS with no disc is supposed to be the same specs but a bit cheaper.

The new Xbox is supposed to be $499

Gosh, PS5 looking like a photocopier and now this a speaker, whatever next?

I must say, I was kind of hoping Microsoft would be ultra destructive with the price. The actual PS5 prices are said to be getting revealed tomorrow or is that confirmed?

What is the point of this S? It’s not really clear where it sits at all??

It’s half next gen then?

Yeah, it's a bit weird - it almost feels like they're giving us the mid-generation 'slim' version early. I have to say I'd be tempted after a price drop - I'm not interested in most Xbox exclusives, but I quite like the idea of streaming provided it works well. This would also be a good way to revisit the 360 games sitting on my account from way back when.

I think you could still download games from GamePass to this? It’s not a streaming only service.

True, but I'm thinking that the streaming versions would be the same as playing them on the Series X (assuming you had a fast enough connection to stream them at 4K).

Series S user;

I skipped this gen but don’t want to miss out on upcoming gen
I want a companion console to Switch
I don’t have a huge amount of cash
1440p is fine for my purposes

Any one of those really.

PS5 event being streamed on Wednesday (at 9pm UK time):

I try not to get too hyped up by this stuff, but I just saw a rumour that we might get a Final Fantasy XVI reveal in this and it gave me a bit of a quiver :eyes:

What’s the difference between this one and the one a few months a go where they showed loads of games?

What’s the difference between this one and the one a few months a go where they showed loads of games?

they better bring a) price b) release date. I don't give a hoo-haa about more titles, I have what I need for now and know that plenty will follow. for the moment I just want to fucking know when I have to crust off the sleeping bag and queue up!

I think they want to move to a more Direct style format. So either it'll be more on titles you haven't seen yet, or deeper dives on ones that you have. Maybe they'll go in deeper on the OS and controller.

HUGE resistance to moving to Direct style. People love E3 and getting a massive data splat in one week. However, this has allowed Nintendo to walk all over the interim 11 months unchallenged, plus it gives a chance to spotlight more boutique titles, not just rolling out the AAA showcase for the next 24 months.

I think if they can't match or beat Microsoft price-wise it would have been wise to have held back a big announcement like FFXVI as surely it keeps them the dominant headline (their running tap of exclusives compared to Microsoft's current dry well).

Is this Final Fantasy X Game Of Thrones or is that what FF is these days?

I'm very confused. at this age and at this point I think it would be an impossible task to get into the FF universe...

I know I'm not a fanboy but I don't think it looked very special :shy: SORRY GUYS

Last Spiderman-related thing I ever watched was the Alfred Molina thing, what is all this monks with energy capsules nonsense?

Not a fan at all of this Spiderman with flame superpowers... WTF is this shit?

Miles Morales looks a bit more of the same, but I loved the last one so I'm definitely in.

I know I'm not a fanboy but I don't think it looked very special :shy: SORRY GUYS

Same. Looked a bit ropey and those character faces. It’s like The Last Of Us Part 2 isn’t a benchmark for these queens.

And now he's invisible? Fucking hell they've turned the only semi-relatable American super hero into GENERICMAN.

Jesuschrist follow this with a FOOTBALL game and then GTA and it's like they are actively telling me THIS CONSOLE IS NOT FOR YOU.

Oh is this the cold war game featuring CGI Ronald Reagan? PRESS F TO RAPE AND MURDER A NICARAGUAN NUN

I might as well admit it: I am ready for this masc4masc title

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom