Old TOTP (BBC4)

I hope Chris Frantz and Tina Weymouth made a decent chunk from that M*riah C*rey record.

Poor Blaze Bayley. Iron Maiden really did chuck him straight under the bus when their already-diminishing sales just kept on falling.

"Boombastic" was such an unlikely hit. Minimal reggae wasn't generally considered a winner in the mid 90s. Good fun.

I fucking hate Cast. Absolute unmitigated shite. Quite possibly the worst band in the history of music. Music for beermonsters.

Stand by my comments about the first Garbage album and that run of singles. They are, however, proof that a production team can hire a singer they saw on a videotape to sing their songs and be considered credible rather than manufactured. :eyes:

Again with Menswear, it's a cut 'n' shut of 4 or 5 easily identifiable records but it's all the best bits they've chosen so this sounds decent today. Contrast with Primal Scream's hideously dull "Rocks", cut from the same stolen cloth and it sounds even better.

The extraordinary thing about Def Leppard is that they sold millions and millions of albums without being in anyway influential on the path of music at all. They were the end of a line. Mercifully.

Of the numerous slight variations on the one 2 Unlimited song, 'Do What's Good For Me' was always one of my favourites. :disco:

The crowd seem to be getting into it too.

Simply Red's reign of terror FINALLY OVER :disco::disco::disco:

I have a feeling this Coolio song spent quite a while at #1 as well, but it's obviously far preferable.

Two iconic number ones back to back :disco:

Howled at that outing for the Simply Red video on its last go-around :D

Another case of the Levi TV advert trend, wasn't it? Did Shaggy even have any notable hits between this and Oh Carolina?

In The Summertime was a top 5 in summer of 1995. He was on TOTP with it several times recently!

Another case of the Levi TV advert trend, wasn't it? Did Shaggy even have any notable hits between this and Oh Carolina?

In The Summertime was a top 5 in summer of 1995. He was on TOTP with it several times recently!

So it was! I had entirely forgotten about that. He'd had a hit with that version of In The Summertime which I had also totally forgotten.

"Hi. You know who I am, and you know what I'm about to do" :disco:

She better not be about to trill her way through ONE MORE CHANCE after an intro like that.

Oh dear. That Bonnie Raitt/Bryan Adams duet sounds like something Tina Turner must have (correctly) turned down.

EBTG's absolute contempt for the miming process was admirable. I can rarely recall such a poor attempt and likely deliberate failure to realistically play their instruments.

Still that didn't stop it becoming an absolute monster hit.

God, how many C-tier pop stars have resorted to covering ’You To Me Are Everything’ to extend their 15 minutes?

Sean Maguire is NO Sonia.

”This is most probably one of the most powerful videos you’re ever going to see”

*cuts to Earth Song*

:D :D :D

My mind is blown that there was a brief moment in 1995 when Tina Turner and Louise Redknapp apparently shared oxygen.

Goldeneye though, what a banger!

I've recently had occasion to revisit Boyzone on both TOTP and Pick of the Pops, and I genuinely believe Ronan Keating to be one of the very worst vocalists to ever consistently hit the upper reaches of the top 40.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom