Pink - Trustfall (new album out Feb 2023)

I keep hearing the melody of Gaga's Gypsy in Turbulence

i was desperately trying to figure out what song Turbulence was reminding me of and my god you're so right! no wonder why it's my second fave track on the album, right after TRUSTFALL. although i really do HATE how TRUSTFALL is the only track that's CAPITALISED. it's giving Moopy.

the melody in Turbulence's chorus "you can't help when your stomach sinks in, see your life happen in a flash" sounds slightly similar to Gypsy's pre-chorus "i dont wanna be alone forever, but I can be tonight".

Trustfall now #12 with NGNDA remains at #19 and the third one hangs in at #37. I doubt the latter two will keep their positions but they won’t drop far now, and I’d say the title track is a lock for about #13/#14 given it’s holding strong on streaming after five days of the tracking week.

Truly a fantastic result - two top twenty hits at once is surely the best the album release week could hope for. Trustfall is holding well on streaming too, and will no doubt be moved higher up playlists now, so should become a genuine hit with legs hopefully.

she is really likeable and still seems totally herself

I watched her documentary last night and I ... enjoyed it - she was also great on Table Manners and like any normal person adored Lennie. :disco:

Reactions: GNL
Quite a good week for Madame. Aside from the new stuff, The Truth About Love also became a million-seller this week.

PINK UP

I love that whilst she's publically rehashing 20 year old grievances, she's also bizarrely the only 40+ female with any modern relevancy whatsoever

Quite a good week for Madame. Aside from the new stuff, The Truth About Love also became a million-seller this week.

PINK UP

I love that whilst she's publically rehashing 20 year old grievances, she's also bizarrely the only 40+ female with any modern relevancy whatsoever
Beyonce begs to differ!

Nah surely it was the Britney army in week one buying ridiculous amounts of copies? He’s obviously got a huge base but not from a single perspective. She has a huge first week pull, magnified since the Free Britney stuff.

Nah surely it was the Britney army in week one buying ridiculous amounts of copies? He’s obviously got a huge base but not from a single perspective. She has a huge first week pull, magnified since the Free Britney stuff.

Not really sure on that one

Elton had only scored a massive number one with the same schtik less than a year before

Britney, whilst maintaining a lot of public goodwill, hasn't been a reliable record selling name in her own right for some time

You are right with Cold Heart but I’d say Dua contributed towards that chartwise much more than him (as far as the streaming power). He’s obviously the biggest name of all three but I’d assume the ladies do more of the heavy lifting from a singles sales or streaming perspective. Britney doesn’t chart well on her own but always has a solid first week.

I guess there’s no actual way of ever finding out though so probably a moot point.

i didn't realise how huge P!nk is in the UK. she's selling more than Renaissance. :o

How dare they pay attention to the things she says :googlyeyes:

FqACukOaEAA3KJk

she's clearly goaded into talking about that xtina feud at every opportunity and she didn't say anything unfair or catty. good for her for asking for a bit of decency from the media. it's fucking boring to constantly rehash ancient drama for clicks.

Reactions: GNL
she's clearly goaded into talking about that xtina feud at every opportunity and she didn't say anything unfair or catty.
In the main thing she was just asked to rank her videos and came out with it all by herself! :D

She REALLY should know better at this stage of the game

Yeah, there's a way to dodge the question and just say they are in a good place and bond over motherhood. Her name was literally brought up and she would just go into great detail about what a terror she was circa 2001... every opportunity. :D

I don't think she's wrong for speaking openly about it. just comes off a bit disingenuous to blame the media for it becoming a headline.

I'm really loving Runaway as the standout from this album. I wouldn't have asked Pink to do synthpop, but she absolutely nails it.

For me it’s the duo of Last Call and Hate Me.

Holding well in the UK. Album up to #4 for a month top five, Trustfall at 18 giving it a month top 20, and NGNDA at #32 marking six weeks top forty. Great to see it wasn’t all just based from one week of promo.

she remains a force. truly amazing that she opened on 37.5k while someone of Miley's stature with the year's biggest hit is looking at a 17-18k debut.

Also nice that streaming is holding it. Physical sales will be more than a lot of those around her in the chart, but still having three songs from it streaming in the top 200 will actually be helping her not do the normal 1-8-24-49 chart run most physical acts get these days.

My only disappointment is that Trustfall couldn't squeak a week in the top ten, but she really is doing fantastically well.

Surely it's shaping up to be one of the biggest albums of the year - and certainly released this year. It's quite interesting comparing the chart run to the other albums which debuted at #1 this year:

Courteeners (a reissue, so probably not exactly typical) 1 - OUT
Reytons 1 - 66 - OUT
Sam Smith 1 - 13 - 19 - 35 - 73 - OUT
Shania Twain 1 - 12 - 51 - OUT
Paramore 1 - 23 - 52 - 99 - OUT
Pink 1 - 2 - 5 - 4
Gorillaz 1 - 11 - 28
Lathums 1 - 65

There's something quite reassuring, almost comforting, in her ability to weather the decades and vagaries of chart compilation.

That speaks volumes seeing them all like that. Especially as she is still #4 in the midweeks!

I do think that Graham Norton performance of Trustfall did a lot for her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom