RANDOM THINGS YOU HATE

I bought a jacket in All Saints earlier this year. I'd never trust buying anything from them online. Even I could get into a medium in some of them, and I haven't been a medium for over 20 years.

If you want to fit into an extra-small, just come to America and shop at Walmart

The number of people who have forgotten how to press the button at the pedestrian crossing. Just me?

Also people who cross 5 seconds before it turns green. Can’t they just wait for the signal? There are plenty of weird traffic lights that look like they’re going to turn green but actually are letting weird turnoff lane traffic go.

I always try to pointedly overtake them after I cross, so they know their little endeavour was pointless in saving times, and that they should re-examine their life choices

Cyclists who don't follow the traffic signals. If you're on the road (which you should be), you stop at red lights, CUNTO. Happened to me twice yesterday, I had to dodge a cyclist who was using the "I'll go wherever the fuck I want" clause in the Treaty Of Wankers 1972 (revised 2015, 2016, 2019, 2020, 2021).

A place near me that I used to like not only has qr code menus now, you order food on your phone and they just bring it to your table. I hate it
That's pretty commonplace around me, for cafe/bar type places anyway. Less so in restaurants.

As an introvert I quite like it. Surely it must kill the tips staff get though.

That's pretty commonplace around me, for cafe/bar type places anyway. Less so in restaurants.

As an introvert I quite like it. Surely it must kill the tips staff get though.
I still tip the amount I would at any restaurant, since it isn't the waiter's fault, but you're right. Also people might be less likely to order as many drinks if they have to pull out their phones each time

I still tip the amount I would at any restaurant, since it isn't the waiter's fault, but you're right. Also people might be less likely to order as many drinks if they have to pull out their phones each time
Yes, but we're BRITISH. We don't have the tipping culture you do. Give a Brit the chance to escape a tip or round up to the nearest quid only, and I reckon about half would take it.

Yes, but we're BRITISH. We don't have the tipping culture you do. Give a Brit the chance to escape a tip or round up to the nearest quid only, and I reckon about half would take it.
how much do you tip at a restaurant? Whenever I've been in Europe, I've just tipped like I would at home, since I don't want to tip too little

I'm sure I read an article saying the average tip in the UK is about 8%.

In the US, isn't anything under 15% seen as an insult, pretty much?

Reactions: RJN
The amount of places I’ve been that order online and have added a service charge AND a tip is RIDICULOUS.

how much do you tip at a restaurant? Whenever I've been in Europe, I've just tipped like I would at home, since I don't want to tip too little

Most places in London have 12.5% service. If not I tip about 10% on a big bill, 20% on a small bill (like under £20)

Reactions: RJN
It may have just been because I worked in a fancy place but I remember Glaswegians being fantastic tippers, 25% was not unusual.

Anecdotally, I feel like any of my friends who are current or former waiters tip really really well

Our lunch was 12.5% service. I'd say usually here that's only added as standard for larger parties, but today it was just the two of us.

I usually do 10% and then round up to the nearest £5.

Last edited:

Varies from country to country. You basically don't tip in Portugal, you tip 5-10% in Germany and you tip 10% in France/Paris unless you wanna be treated like DOGSHIT :disco:

Since it IS active, I'd just like to remind everyone that I loathe Uncle Frank from the Home Alone films and the only truly happy ending for Kevin would be if Frank burned to death at the end of the second film.

Oh absolutely

The one thing I have achieved is putting things into piles of what can he done tomorrow or Boxing Day

It's the same every year though. I get all SMUG buying everything early - I was about 75% done by the end of October (Voyage excluded), and even wrapped a good few things.

Then for WEEKS now I've just been dreading even going in the spare room to look at the pile of what is left.

Since it IS active, I'd just like to remind everyone that I loathe Uncle Frank from the Home Alone films and the only truly happy ending for Kevin would be if Frank burned to death at the end of the second film.
Uncle Frank from Home Alone to meet Uncle Frank from Hellraiser.

It's the same every year though. I get all SMUG buying everything early - I was about 75% done by the end of October (Voyage excluded), and even wrapped a good few things.

Then for WEEKS now I've just been dreading even going in the spare room to look at the pile of what is left.
:D Well it could have been even worse then !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom