Relisten #2: Rhythm of Love & Let’s Get To It - 19/10/20 19:30

Is it just me or was Kylie's 90s voice quite considerably fuller and richer and more elastic than her 00s voice? She also sounded good on Light Years and Fever but a slight nasal quality had set in (which obviously got worse) but she's very full bodied voice on this record that was just beginning to nicely MATURE.

She doesn’t really belt that much these days if at all.

Why has the CRETIN not been banned yet?
giphy.gif

Is it just me or was Kylie's 90s voice quite considerably fuller and richer and more elastic than her 00s voice? She also sounded good on Light Years and Fever but a slight nasal quality had set in (which obviously got worse) but she's very full bodied voice on this record that was just beginning to nicely MATURE.
I agree. Her voice is far from unpleasant but there is a shrillness/nasalness to it know. I put it down to SAW's heavy-handedness with backup singers and production that isn't there anymroe.

I agree. Her voice is far from unpleasant but there is a shrillness/nasalness to it know. I put it down to SAW's heavy-handedness with backup singers and production that isn't there anymroe.

Wasn’t it with Rhythm Of Love where she started to record her own BVs?

I’m not sure MIRIAM STOCKLEY features.

07 Better the Devil You Know
08 Step Back in Time

Would be a 9 if it didn't fade at the end. Write an ending love.

I would never necessarily single Step Back In Time out as a top tier Kylie single or personal fave but when it's on GOD IT TOTALLY SLAPS.

There was such effortless rhythm and easy confidence to all the singles from this album. They were swimming in melody and all the elements were totally complimentary.

Commercially it wasn't one but it absolutely SOUNDS like an imperial era.

Wasn’t it with Rhythm Of Love where she started to record her own BVs?

I’m not sure MIRIAM STOCKLEY features.
No idea but they do sound like her. Still quite heavy on the use of them though. Not criticising at all, I love how this album sounds.

08 Step Back in Time

Would be a 9 if it didn't fade at the end. Write an ending love.

OMG Step Back in Time is possibly one of my favourite songs of all time

8?!?!

18 is more appropriate x

Step Back in Time was ABSOLUTELY my favourite until What Do I Have To Do overtook it.

I’m not sure she’s EVER looked better than in the WDIHTD video

Who's going to post the Sophie Lawrence video then?

08 Step Back in Time
05 What do I have to do?

AMAZING PUNCTUATED TITLE.

shit song.

What Do I Have To Do is another CORKER

What Do I Have To Do is an ABSOLUTE TOWERING WORK OF POP MAJESTY

I love her vocal so much - at turns soft and flirty (only you, you) and TRÈS DOM TOP. the "bringing out the passion in my soul" line flexes my rectal muscles tbh.

10 Better the Devil You Know
09 Step Back in Time
10 What Do I Have to Do

The transition to the chorus is truly INTERGALACTIC DISCO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom