Relisten #6: Aphrodite & Kiss Me Once (TONIGHT! 01/11/20 at 7:30pm)

I don't think of Nerina Pallot as a "boardroom writer" at ALL though - she's very much of the singer-songwriter ilk, and she has 2 writing credits

She hasn’t been all that complimentary about the process though has she? If I recall it basically put her off writing for anyone but herself.

Kylie really should have recorded Nerina's Put Your Hands Up instead of the boring song of the same title she did on the album. The 1987 mix with proper production could have been a treat.

I'm not prepared for all the Better Than Today SHADE I'm going to have to fight off tonight.

Kylie really should have recorded Nerina's Put Your Hands Up instead of the boring song of the same title she did on the album. The 1987 mix with proper production could have been a treat.

Beat me to it! As I recall there was SOME confusion at the time and people thought Kylie actually had recorded this before the album came out? I wish she had!

This Is a bit weird. Was it released BEFORE OR AFTER the Pete Hammond remix of the Kylie track?

Two songs, with the same titles with similar 80s treatments linking writer and vocalist because of the album on which they appear.

I've never really heard Nerina's PYHU as a Kylie song but hearing this remix I now get it!

I liked Kylie at the time still but felt I drifted away a bit with these albums so it’ll be interesting to see how they sound now.

30 minute warning!

Closer and closer and closer
To you now
Never enough...

Here are the Aphrodite YouTube and Spotify playlist links - use these to enjoy a couple of extras at the end!

I've just seen that the YT playlist has the music videos inserted at the appropriate junctures, sterling work @Iguana

in my opinion All The Lovers is her most recent properly iconic video. it's so different for Kylie but so joyous and so quintessentially her. Joseph Khan DID THAT. :disco:

The music breakdown is EVERYTHING. I remember they had just that part in her website in the lead up to the single being released

in my opinion All The Lovers is her most recent properly iconic video. it's so different for Kylie but so joyous and so quintessentially her. Joseph Khan DID THAT. :disco:

We know it was meant t be even BIGGER, yes?

Apparently the casting call didn’t get as many extras as they had hoped.

This was pretty instant for me, i just knew it was very special from the first few seconds.
That chorus just JOYFUL.
I do like to think that the Mylène video for Dégénération was partial inspiration :disco:

If I’m honest I can take or leave All The Lovers although I do like it, live however it goes to another level.

as for the song itself, isn't it just absolutely DREAMY? it's so quietly anthemic. that middle 8 GLITTERSPLOSION still thrills like the first time. it feels like being rained on by @vespertine while riding a unicorn. probably. I love being gay!

So until the video came out I was INDIFFERENT to Get Outta My Way

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom