Russia 2020: Little Big - Uno

Oh what do THEY know? Probably the unwashed sort who sit round shaking and crying year in year out, hoping for CHIARA to come back :side-eye:

DOCE PUNTOS! :disco:

I find this year so strange. That's now Lithuania, Iceland, and Russia going down a very similar (and probably successful) route of fun/quirky/don't give a shit what you think pop songs; why have all of them come at the same time?

Reactions: dUb
Waiting for Zu's hot take on Iceland being compared with Russia. :side-eye:

:D Oh I totally get this. Except Russia is HOT NOVELTY whereas Iceland is HORRIBLE NOVELTY. (I also think that Russia now makes Lithuania look a little bit boring.) Very much the musical equivalent of THIS (PTSD alert)

hqdefault.jpg

versus THIS (:disco::disco::disco:)

the_masked_singer_23-cc8b811-scaled.jpg

Well this is clearly now ABSOLUTELY FUCKING AMAZING and this year’s (sort of) Hatari, but I see that some of the posters over at Wiwibloggs are in a shockingly ugly temper about it, and I expect their faces are really quite angry and red. To you I say HAVE A FUCKING BATH

UNO UNO :disco::disco::disco:

I feel like as the last country to enter the ring no one can complain about this - it's fun, pointless old trash with hypnotic wobbly legs. Thank fuck for ACTUAL novelty in a year bereft of joy and a contest that increasingly shuns it. Hooray for King Russia :disco:

...although dare I say perhaps a little tame by Little Big's usual standards judging by a quick shimmy around their back cat. It feels like it needs more OOMPH, but whatever I'll still take it.

I feel like as the last country to enter the ring no one can complain about this - it's fun, pointless old trash with hypnotic wobbly legs. Thank fuck for ACTUAL novelty in a year bereft of joy and a contest that increasingly shuns it. Hooray for King Russia :disco:

...although dare I say perhaps a little tame by Little Big's usual standards judging by a quick shimmy around their back cat. It feels like it needs more OOMPH, but whatever I'll still take it.
Toy was 2018

A lot more fun than the Icelandic gash too which feels pretentious and like I'm SUPPOSED to like it (and believe me I'm trying in case it storms the vote, anything to stop the impending need to vomit, even denial).

Russia's entry on the other hand couldn't give a flying fuck whether you like them or not :disco:

Reactions: Zu
I think we might have to find out their names so we can rate our favourites. Personally I’m liking TUBS and DISINTERESTED :disco:

Toy was 2018

Well we all know what happened there!

Russia winning by not trying so fucking hard after all these years would be a fitting arc to their Eurovision journey and feels about right.

Not that I want it to WIN necessarily, I'm just glad it's there and if it does, so be it

I think we might have to find out their names so we can rate them. Personally I’m liking TUBS and DISINTERESTED :disco:

Him indoors isn't a million miles away from the lone chunk of mutton in the corner. I need him to get a foul light blue tracksuit immediately for some fun and games :horny: (with "Uno" playing in the background, obviously)

“Lone chunk of mutton” :D

This does feel like something which would have easily won the Russian public vote, such is the absence of off-puttingly SLICK, not that they let the drunken peasants loose with such matters these days obviously :side-eye:

Well, not since the COOKSY GRANS and that would have WON had it not been for QUEEN LOREEN!

Well we all know what happened there!

Russia winning by not trying so fucking hard after all these years would be a fitting arc to their Eurovision journey and feels about right.

Not that I want it to WIN necessarily, I'm just glad it's there and if it does, so be it
This still feels like trying hard to me!

By the looks of one of the lovely photos, the one with the BLACK LIPS has been stabbed in the stomach at some point or another :side-eye:

Uno uno uno, dos cuatro
Uno uno uno, dos cuatro
Uno uno uno, dos cuatro
Uno dos tres cuatro cinco seis

Neither Lithuania, Russia or Iceland sound remotely similar. Is everyone okay?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom