Russia 2021: Manizha - Russian Woman

Is Captain Birdseye actually the portrait that Kirkorov keeps in his attic?

I’m hoping they choose song 1 or 2 for an especially poor result :disco:

Was it just me or did Polina have a look of Nadine Coyle?

Back in for a run and @Iguana has just filled me in. Also got me up to speed on this Russia business! :basil:

Sorry if mentioned already, but do we think maybe the Russian government have got involved and want a more propoganda-y 'rousing' ode to Mother Russia type entry this year instead of the lol larks of Little Big? It's all a bit STRANGE for a country that looked very due a win in the years to come.

You really do have to wonder about the wisdom of having a public vote during fairly public protests against the government's lack of democracy...

I’m glad they aren’t reporting on the bloody Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

Maybe Harry and Meghan will announce the winner in their Oprah interview.

Voting delayed for an hour because they've been eating into the news timeslot :D

OH RUSSIA NEVER CHANGE
They've just made it even easier for Navalny's organisation to rally support behind one of the pony entries as a protest vote :D

Back in for a run and @Iguana has just filled me in. Also got me up to speed on this Russia business! :basil:

Sorry if mentioned already, but do we think maybe the Russian government have got involved and want a more propoganda-y 'rousing' ode to Mother Russia type entry this year instead of the lol larks of Little Big? It's all a bit STRANGE for a country that looked very due a win in the years to come.
:D at the idea the Russian government hasn't ALWAYS been transparently involved in the selection of the Russian entry at every step!

You really do have to hope there's some urgent organising happening right now among Navalny supporters. This would be pretty big publicity as an international story if it led to one of the pony entries getting the nod (or even better - winning but Russian Woman being sent ANYWAY :disco:)

I'm picturing the head of Russian Telecom telling the organisers that one of the shit ones has won and immediately getting a call back from Putin explaining that if he doesn't want to be found having shot himself twice in the head, he'll announce that the winner was 'Russian Woman'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom