S13 E05: The Bag Ball

So glad Joey is out. Symone did well given the drama created around not being able to sew. At this rate she'll steamroller the season. The FUN BAGS look was probably my favourite, after Utica's quilt thing, just for the lols. She oozes star quality

Gottmik leaves me cold. Yes the outfits were decent but I'm not sure I get the mass raving over that second one. Utica owned that challenge.

Rosé as a boy is gorgeous and makes me think all sorts of filth. I rarely think that about a Drag Race boy but fuck me he is pure sex. And then a side of Scottish :horny:

Utica DEFINITELY deserved that win more. Her concepts are much more interesting than Gottmik's. That second outfit wasn't even that good.

I agree with Ru on how Utica’s corkiness can work against her when presenting her otherwise impeccabile looks.

Gottmik’s second outfit was nothing but an inferior, slutty version of Jasmine Master’s AS4 iconic entrance look. :D:disco:

I don’t get Gottmik at all so far. Leaves me entirely cold too.

Violet imitating Utika sent me

Reactions: dUb
The good thing about Kandy is that when I'm only half-watching (that's usually the case when she gets screen-time), I'm only half-listening. And when you're only half listening with her enunciation... well.

Lala is a delight, bags and hot glue and all.

General ranking 5 weeks in:

1. Tamisha Iman (I live for a queen who's self-confident enough to take no shit without feeling the need to dominate every conversation. Her effortless takedowns of Kandy were the highlights of this week's episode)
2. Symone (The clear frontrunner - so self possessed and confident, she could sell snow to an Eskimo)
3. Utica (I thought quirk was all she had, but she's genuinely a really creative costume designer and I'm excited to see what she brings every week)
4. La La Rie (Busted and marginally talented, but utterly charming)
5. Denali (Bless her, she's trying)
6. Rosé (To paraphrase Ru, she feels like she's EMERGING)
7. Olivia Lux (Lovely smile but not really GIVING ME ANYTHING just yet)
8. Gottmik (Hate the name, and though they're clearly talented, they just leave me cold)
9. Tina Burner (WHERE. ARE. THE. JOKES?)
10. Elliott with Two T's (Terribly basic, but the relentless bullying from Kandy is making me warm to her, slightly)
11. Kandy Muse (Looks like Bowser from Super Mario Bros, and loud does not = talented. A waste of airtime who I truly wish would just leave)

God La La Ri really is a fucking SHIT queen in almost every way... then she brings out THAT lip sync.

I had a weird crush on Joey Jay so I'm sad he didn't stay a bit longer.

Utica should have won but I do think Gottmik was 2nd.

This group really should be down to 8 or 9 now. 36 looks on the runway was FAR too much.

I don’t think having a crush on Joey Jay is that weird, most of the viewers do

Well, what an episode :D it felt as weirdly glued-together as a corset made of gift bags, and I'm not especially happy with the final result (although hardly cut up either)

Overall:

1. Symone - Consistently good, nice of them to throw her a bone of storyline with "oh no maybe i'll be shit and go home", sure Jan. The crafted look was alright, but that TITTY THING :D

2. Rosé - Fascinating, loved her manic twirly robot and her bagpipes. She always has that runway face like a Stepford Wife who's been surprised by a thumb up the bum, love it.

3. Utika - My definite winner this week, heaven forbid she was being campy on the runway(!), seems so lovely and I'm always interested with what she's going to wear.

4. Denali - Just sort of decent and still there, she didn't get much story this week. I liked the airbag thing, and the Mexican thing was pretty (even though it's been done better several times on RPDR)

5. Olivia - That final look was stun gorge, the hair & lip colour too :disco:

6. Elliott - Helpfully acting as my borderline queen between the toots and the boots. This week was a bit of a POOT. Alright but pretty boring, she looked a bit bored on the runway too. I'm enjoying her sort of blank WTF look every time Kandy comes for her unannounced.

7. Gottmik - I'm with Phoe on this one, she was good, but frankly her ArtPop could mean anything, but it doesn't mean a lot to me. No idea why that last one was supposed to be good.

8. Joey Jay - I thought she'd have a few weeks in her, the IV Ivy Poison IV Ivy bag thing was a weird moment of critique, was any of it about the outfit? It was a moment of praise that got edited into this big klunk. The crafted look wasn't the worst dress ever, BUT, didn't it remind anyone of the "Worst dress ever" runway by Pearl? :D

9. Tamisha - OK everyone has paid their respects a LOT, when is she going to start doing something noteworthy? Her lip sync was meh, her acting was meh, her gowns were nice (not this week), I do NOT want to defend Kandy but I thought it was messy going in like that.

10. Tina Burner - Oh she's still here, that mug in the crafted runway was even more Chuck Rock than before :D More plasticky block-coloured firemans jackets, great

12. Kandi - Couldn't decide who to put 12th so they can both be last. Utterly toxic. In the walkaround, gumming at Ru saying she wouldn't be showing her panties, and that second look was literally bra & panties and a robe :D BIN BIN BIN. I have a headache, I felt like 1hr 20 of Taz: "Blhrehehh THITH BLehrhah IM JUST THAYING BLrelalrkak BITCH"

12. La La Ri - How did this happen? :D I always wondered if the Lip Sync was the sole decision maker in the elimination, because it must have been today. That tip spot was funny, but almost every decision I've seen her make, fashion-wise or comedy-wise has been a boot for me. And what the fuck is she saying?

Tina Burner, pictured earlier

chuck_rock_5.gif

Actually... I think I've worked it out. It's weird because I think I want to fuck her as a girl, and that's something I've never wanted to do really before... :D !!

God La La Ri really is a fucking SHIT queen in almost every way... then she brings out THAT lip sync.

I had a weird crush on Joey Jay so I'm sad he didn't stay a bit longer.

Utica should have won but I do think Gottmik was 2nd.

This group really should be down to 8 or 9 now. 36 looks on the runway was FAR too much.
A "weird crush" on one of the most lusted-after queens in years? :D

A few points I forgot
OMG that Shopping Channel bag company spot? And does he think all drag queens are 9 feet tall, they were clutches the size of toolboxes! Only Tina had the size to make it look normal.

I had to !! at Joey talking about "the trademark Joey Jay hair" - IT'S JUST YOUR REGULAR HAIR! In the surreal baby mini-challenge, did he do anything other than put a nappy on? :D Rose managed to make a whole other person :D!

Joey is pretty basic, his whole thing is I’m Joey Jay and I’m Gay...which is not exactly groundbreaking in 2021

I don’t hate Tina either, though siding with Kandy wasn’t her best move. She’s boring rather than hateful for me so far. And I liked her fairly down to Earth approach at being safe. She should shine in a comedy challenge, so I think better is to come.

How the hell did that Haus of Aja thing escape being bottom 2? Her energy is rather unpleasant.

I'm fresh off watching so probably a little reactionary here, but I was just repulsed by La La "serving it" with almost no drag left. The outfit was so bad that absolutely nothing should have saved it. Jay did enough not to win win, but to "win" to stay. I guess she can go "bareback the house down" or whatever snappy line she said repeatedly.

I also didn't like Tina's "ha ha I'm drunk" schtick. Rather out of date. She just looks like one of the Doops to me, so it's not as if she can't extend her imagjnation surely.

Had no idea Rosé was Scottish, but that does explain the foreskin. He looks the spit of someone I know, but they're from Paisley, otherwise I'd be doing some internet stalking.

I mean typically comedy queens SHOULD shine in comedy challenges. But then, typically comedy queens have been funny at least once five episodes in...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom