S15 E01/02: One Night Only

dUb

AH AH AH
Pronouns
He/Him
A double premiere

A new cast of queens, competing to be crowned America's Next Drag Superstar, must show off their performance skills in a talent show. Superstar singer Ariana Grande guest judges.

First 5 mins:

Seems it's NOT a double premiere and the episodes are back to their original length... how do we feel about THAT?

Thank fuck, the episodes felt like a chore. I hope it’s the mandatory sob story that gets cut (probably not).

I'm definitely fine with 45 minute long episodes. Lots of fast-forwardable content. Todrick Hall is still very uninteresting.

Last edited:
oh SORRY it is a double premiere but after that, 45 min episodes

So is this likely to be on Wowpresents tomorrow morning for UK?

So many queens. I can’t remember half of them.

The correct winner and the correct bottom 3 (although there were many forgettable lipsyncs).

Anitra - great talent, great runway and cute out of drag.
Jax - same
Marcia - eh, the talent was fine but the looks are dire
Sugar & Spice - no
Irene - didn’t peg her as first out, I can see a scenario where she comes back. She got a lot of airtime and she was down for drama
Amethyst - boring
Mistress - there’s a lot of insecurity there but the drag is quite good
Lux - loved the runway
Aura - hot out of drag

I don’t remember the rest.

I gagged so hard at Anitra. She served one the CUNTIEST performances ever. Aja-levels of cunty. "You better walk that *fucking duck*" 😵

LOL I loved the twins. Self-aware dumb bitches are always fun. I suspect they're limited, but would love to be proven wrong. Spice's performance was great.

That was actually a strong opener. The talent show mostly good.

Just finished the first episode. Too many queens. Too many tiktok queens. And the twins are insufferable.

Six lettres, three vowels, Anetra ATE :disco:

One of the twins, can’t remember which one, was definitely a bottom. But you know their time will only come when they’re both bottoms.

Irene had definitely more to offer than that nothingy queen that stayed 👎🏼

Well I watched both episodes and I feel exhausted. The twins and that big latina that could only shout when talking need to go, I can’t stand them.

I liked Anetra and the big girl from Texas.

Was surprised to see Irene go. She’s supposed to be Bosco’s sister but she gave me more Daya Betty. She was just as annoying.

Great opening, a lot of queens with promise. Instantly LOATHE Sugar & Spice :D

Poor Irene, but that talent show perf was an absolute flatline.

Anetra's show was genuinely jaw dropping. Well deserved winner.

TOO MUCH DRAG RACE (for one night (only))

Anyway here we are - it were alreet. I feel like a lot of the personas on display are rather tired copies of what they've seen on TV, I hope they can be themselves soon.

Anetra tore my titties off, I watched it 4 times before I could even watch more, and Ru definitely loved it too, if anything iconic came out of this premiere, that was the one. Jax's was good too. Actually the whole top 3 were my picks too I think.

Are they trying to make a Connecticut clique storyline or something?
Anyway not going to try and rank them, but I'm going to try and categorise as much as I can.

:HairFlip:Anetra, Marcia, Jax (though that tiny Cenobite mouth is upsetting), Sasha
:whatsthesecret:Spice, Mistress, Titties (just shut the fuck up though), Luxx
:meh:Aura, Amethyst, Sugar, Robin, Princess, Loosey
:Lundvik:Irene, Malaysia

Some of them, Malaysia and Mistress in particular, were serving a lot of "No, sorry, next" condescension that so far seems a litle un-earned. Sugar and Spice I'm alright with so far, like the Jedward of drag - and like Jedward they are fucking annoying but there IS something there

Oh and ...
YOU'D BETTER WALK THAT FUCKING DUCK

Duck Dancing GIF

Kind of surprised to have 16 queens - I guess they have a programming block to fill, which they filled with not eliminating anyone.

If they start saying "Uhh the crown is in sight, this is where it gets serious" when there are like 10 queens left, I'm going to scream and scream until I'm sick

I sort of like how committed to the idea of the ice water bit being funny Irene is.

Yeah, the reason it wasn’t funny was that it was too SHORT!
:Icesiseyes:

You could see a place where this was funny but it fell flat. Which is why I believe she’s got a lot more to show than the half dozen who did basic lipsyncs.

You could see a place where this was funny but it fell flat.

I’m not sure I could :D I mean I could see someone making it work with a bit more delivery, how about a joke even? It was just done so normally though…

Anyway, as Kate Winslet once sang, I guess we’ll never know

yeah that post is so ripe for not ageing well, it’s stamped “WARNING: PERISHABLES”

Speaking of that, I was waiting for some of the queens talking about being deprived from meeting Ariana but I guess the show didn’t want to be too horrible to poor Vivacious Or maybe they saved that for Untucked (which I don’t look forward to watchin).

Ariana goes backstage during Untucked so they all got a bit of facetime with her.

Nothing interesting happened though so you can probably skip it.

The “talent” show has to be sorted. Too many boring lip syncs. Only the top 3 were deserving of praise for me. And I’m glad Loosey didn’t end up bottom two even though it was awful- she at least gave it a go.

The “talent” show has to be sorted. Too many boring lip syncs. Only the top 3 were deserving of praise for me. And I’m glad Loosey didn’t end up bottom two even though it was awful- she at least gave it a go.

But I guess we were spoiled in AS2 (but even then we had some drek).

Although it turns out like most challenges really, a few do really well, a few totally bomb, and the rest are just okay. It didn’t help that there were 16 of them this time.

For my money I’d say Anetra is the closest we’ve had to a Same Parts or Aja moment for a long while

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom