Shakespears Sister reunion

Hang on... Marcella's sister in law is Jay Aston?

Yes, she's married to her brother Lance. And he was part of Prima Donna, who represented the UK at Eurovision in 1980 with Love Enough For Two. Sally Ann Triplett (later of Bardo) and Kate Robbins were also in the group.

On the Chris Evans radio show they said they're in the middle of recording an EP to be released just before the tour. Shuv was talking about how the new material is apparently Americana-influenced, Hazlewood, Morricone (with a bit of Motown according to Marcella).

I bet Siobhan was telling Marcy she sounded great during rehersal. I couldn't tell if she was disgusted or delighted, not that I imagine she distinguishes between the two. It's a thin line with Marcy anyway - she sounds like someone overcleaning a mirror on a good day let alone the stroke she seemed to be having on the Norton. I might try to go see them in Bath, I'm not sure yet.

I really like it - very them yet different from anything they've done previously.

I know she is quite prominent backing but :D at Siobhan letting Marcella have a singular solo line.

It’s instantly “them”, as you say, but so fresh sounding.

Everything about this is incredible- the video is perfect, the whole thing referencing their split as well is so beautifully done.

I am OVERJOYED.

I can't decide now whether I want comprehensive remasters or a new album more. But obviously I want it all. Now.

Sheena's right - it's all so well judged.

I am presuming there is a new album coming - hopefully it can be sorted around the tour.

The rumour that Siobhan will rejoin Bananarama is surely dead and buried with how well this has gone too...

Who's coming with me to Bournemouth? @jivafox I may end up with a spare ticket if the BF doesn't want to come (unlikely he'll want to join..)

I've just walked to lunch with "Hormonally Yours" on in the blaring sunshine, ordered "Sacred Heart" on vinyl from a discogs seller and am now playing "Long Live The Queens".

I think it's fairly safe to say, LOON UP!

Very solid return, video is excellent too for what it’s worth in this day and age where videos by women of a certain age are ignored. The plan apparently is the hits package, tour and EP so this bodes well for the EP or hopefully by then they might extend the plan to an album.

I've just walked to lunch with "Hormonally Yours" on in the blaring sunshine, ordered "Sacred Heart" on vinyl from a discogs seller and am now playing "Long Live The Queens".

I think it's fairly safe to say, LOON UP!
Yes and yes and I'm KICKING myself I didn't pick up their RSD vinyl :evil:

Yes and yes and I'm KICKING myself I didn't pick up their RSD vinyl :evil:

I'm now playing THAT as I speak!

A few days ago, she was still flogging copies- there was a link on one of the FB/Instagram type of pages for the "last copies"...

I picked up 2 copies of Songs From The Red Room on RSD, one for a friend in Spain. They were selling here at £30 in store.

Interesting and frank interview with them in the NME. Some of it does sound a tad like they’re convincing themselves all’s good now. I hope it is. And of course Bananarama gets covered too.

https://www.nme.com/music-interview...-hatchet-26-years-come-back-new-music-2488179

Yes, as much as they take the line that it was all the fault of people around them, they still aren't exactly singing from the same hymn sheet regarding their split. I just hope they manage to keep things on an even keel and we get a good tour and the further new material promised.

I just knew Siobhan would be a bit more loose lipped on her version of events of what happened with the aborted Nana track too.

I hadn’t noticed until being told by this morning’s Guardian that Siobhan’s drag double is Morgan McMichaels.

Anyone know who “Marcy” is?

I hadn’t noticed until being told by this morning’s Guardian that Siobhan’s drag double is Morgan McMichaels.

Anyone know who “Marcy” is?

Isn't it kind of perfect that no one (even Marcella herself) bothered to credit the Marcella?

This is so good to the point where it may be the best comeback single I've heard from a hell has frozen over type reunion. More please!

Late to the party but this is wonderful and Siobhan's eye-roll in the video is an absolute moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom