Spice Girls Reunion

Poor Kala. No, I have a herniated disc in my back which has left me rather immobile. So I think stairs may well be a no-no.

This is one of the most common accounting tricks in the business - Radiohead set up a new company for everything; each album, each tour has its own company. Therefore, if one thing does badly, that company can go bankrupt and not take the whole ship down with it.

That's actually what "Goin' Down" was written about, it's the accountancy anthem of our generation

:D

It must be said I wasn’t actually OVERJOYED at the fact I would likely be sitting in the pissing rain, surrounded by people I would rather not be. I think I am probably TOO OLD for a Spice Girls concert on that scale. I WAS going to get drunk and go for it, but I can’t drink and am in pain. WHATS THE POINT?

Pop the CD on, take an extra dose of your painkillers and I’m sure you’ll think you’re there anyway x

Having another look at the set list and just realised Saturday Night Divas isn’t there :(

I think I am probably TOO OLD for a Spice Girls concert on that scale.

Oh AS IF. You’d never believe it - well, you MIGHT - but some of those gays in the audience are 54 OR MORE underneath all that Max Factor Crème Puff :side-eye:

Anyway GET WELL SOON darl :disco:

Ok so my friends (who are staying with me tonight but didn’t come to the gig with me) got totally lost and have ended up the other side of Edinburgh so what’s a girl to do but update Moopy on how frigging awesome that show was

Mel C got teary during Let Love Lead The Way which remains one of my favourites (but literally no one else seemed to remember)

I loved Mel B the most. She had so much energy on stage and vocally was actually much better than I ever remember her being. What has she done to her face though?

It was a great production. The stage was brilliant. And I think they really thought about trying to cater for everyone.

Being picky, I’d change the ordering of the set list a bit more. Mama is not really a song for an encore. And I’d get rid of We Are Family. It was not required. I’d add Saturday Night Divas in. And I know we’ve discussed this before but even if they didn’t want to sing the songs, they could have used the likes of Look At Me and I Turn To You for the filler bits and made more of the ‘houses’ theme.

But overall, brilliant show. I will always be a spice boy at heart.

I’m going Thursday again.

Bet it rains and I bet Jesse Glynne has that awful ensemble on again

Was she wearing that orange suit for you too? :D

It was hideous and she has about as much stage presence as a potato

Oh and THERE WAS ME thinking we were going to get GLAMOUR SHOTS of OUR REET and Kala sipping CHAMPERS for our pleasure.

How ANTICLIMACTIC...

I’ve actually gotten a bit maudlin thinking I won’t see it again now. They’d better record it.

It was just such a joyful experience for everyone*

(Except Geru, she was Feel(ing) the fear out now)

Reactions: dUb
I also forgot- I walked home with someone from Denden! New Zealand girl, staying in the same hotel, hence the route sharing. No idea who she was...

What's Ashton Gate like as a venue, @Sheena? I've never been to a concert there. Well, they don't tend to have many at all - I think this is the first summer they have had several on there.

I assume stadiums are pretty much one and the same, though.

What's Ashton Gate like as a venue, @Sheena? I've never been to a concert there. Well, they don't tend to have many at all - I think this is the first summer they have had several on there.

I assume stadiums are pretty much one and the same, though.

I liked it- it didn’t seem ENORMOUS, for a stadium, if that makes sense. I was right at the front too, which helped, and the show very much made the most of the surroundings...

I think the seated capacity is just under 30k, so I guess that is smaller in terms of stadiums where concerts are regularly held.

I'm pleased they are using it for concerts increasingly though. Particularly considering I fully expect I'll be dead before the arena here ever happens.

Last edited:
It was so much better sound wise at Wembley I’m glad I went twice . Was in the same sort of spot so close but it was so so good .

The only issue I had with the sound was that where I was, I could hear it coming from two different speakers which weren't well synched up, with the sound from one being delayed. It was fine but a bit distracting when you can hear the drums twice, it makes everything sound a bit like it's at the wrong speed. But I think that's just a symptom of playing a large venue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom