Star Trek: The Next Generation

I've just had a thought/wish that Susan Ann Sulley would have been iconic as Yar, especially with that long ponytail she's sported for quite some time now.

This would have been quite stunning back in the 80s. Crusher not flinching of course - her cheekbones could fend off lightning bolts (which is probably what carved them so magnificently).

"No I've got her on total support. There is no independent brain function". I can just imagine Pete Waterman saying the same in the studio.

Reactions: COB
Puddle predator looks like one of those bleak mummification gays in black clingy plastic. Is this where it came from.. shudder.

I was hoping pity would be the defence against him, but no, he's now dragging Mr Luvva man himself. Deanna won't know if she's coming or going.

Last edited:
I can't decide if the actress playing Deanna is absolutely abysmal or magnificent. I wonder how she felt about how ridiculous her character was - it's actually an impressive performance, just in a very off way.

Last edited:
The FO has been vommed up. This is what it looks like being tarred and feathered on a routine night out in Glasgow.

I can't decide if the actress playing Breanna is absolutely abysmal or magnificent. I wonder how she felt about how ridiculous her character was - it's actually an impressive performance, just in a very off way.
Marina Sirtis gives VERY good interview, I've watched videos of her at convention panels and she's usually great value :D I also remember the whole cast once appeared on the National Lottery show when promoting one of the films, she was the one the presenter decided to let speak and she squawked something like "I'm from TOTTENHAM MATE" before the mic was pulled away from her mouth :eyes:

Yar's hologram concert is something else.

"I realized I could be feminine" :D

From pure evil to sanitary towel commercial, this episode has been a hoot. I will remember it fondly.

Marina Sirtis gives VERY good interview, I've watched videos of her at convention panels and she's usually great value :D I also remember the whole cast once appeared on the National Lottery show when promoting one of the films, she was the one the presenter decided to let speak and she squawked something like "I'm from TOTTENHAM MATE" before the mic was pulled away from her mouth :eyes:

Of course, I forgot that these actresses will be selling socks and bras at all these conventions. Oh I'm glad she's thriving as an eccentric.

In the words of Annie Lennox, and it feels like I'm 23 again (I'm watching episode23 again, from the start, which kind of works since it starts with it's own mysterious loop - I think Madison knew all along).

Picard a huge Madge in Die Another Day fan then. The timelines do match despite the 1987 broadcast you know.

Last edited:
The Mannheim effect? I would think this is now called the Dark effect (I must get back to that actually).

I feel Not Kim Bassinger's pain. I too would be devastated if Picard left me waiting for him outside Greggs in the rain.

Last edited:
He's such a dream ship. The relaxation and V-style bliss of a partner who is a moral compass and wouldn't ever screw you over outside the bedroom. Sigh.

Your data, my data. I can't be alone having this lyric stuck in my head at some point during almost every episode when he appears.

Putting episode 24 on hold to make a snack, but:

In a manner of speaking, it is nothing but a lifeless hunk of rock

Data describing both the FO, with whom he is speaking to, and my ideal partner.

I do.

I've been told to expect a notable shift in tone for series 2. I wasn't expecting it until series 3 so may miss the uneven silliness of the past 24 episodes.

It's quite fun looking at new hair cuts, broader shoulders, tighter man-girdles, etc. I like Data. The actor played the evil brother very well too.

1988 contemporary humanity is no exaggeration on how rotted 2020 contemporary humanity can be ("my situation is far more critical").

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom