Step Back in Time: The Definitive Collection

I personally adore 2 Hearts as I connect it to very special things in my life and as a song I found it extremely touching and although it had no connection to the rest of X, I am happy that she released it.
Unfortunately, I think the mix they should’ve gone for for the single release should’ve been the Kish Mauve remix.

it might just be the awful "video" but i think i hate new york city.

what does it remind me of (apart from mylo and gloria estefan)? it's just so generic, ugh. right here, right now was light years ahead of this.

It’s money for old rope etc but my Kylie vinyl section could do with some expansion and I do like that colour. God I’m such a rubbish gay...

Yes, I love the colour! This is the correct track listing according to Amazon:

Disc: 1
  1. Can't Get You out of My Head
  2. Spinning Around
  3. Love at First Sight
  4. In Your Eyes
  5. Slow
Disc: 2
  1. All the Lovers
  2. I Believe in You
  3. In My Arms
  4. On a Night Like This
  5. Wow
Disc: 3
  1. Step Back in Time
  2. Better the Devil You Know
  3. Shocked (DNA 7" Mix)
  4. I Should Be So Lucky
  5. Especially For You - By Kylie Minogue & Jason Donovan
Disc: 4
  1. Confide in Me (Radio Mix)
  2. Put Yourself in My Place (Radio Mix)
  3. 2 Hearts
  4. Kids (with Robbie Williams)
  5. Dancing

To think what could have replaced Kids and 2 Hearts with. Shocked would not have been in my PWL disc. Notable absence of Locomotion. If they can dump that, they can dump Especially as well. Everything else is fucking solid mind.

I'm not tempted by this at all on any format.

I think it's because I have a stonker of a Kylie playlist already, so this just pales in comparison.

And I don't like the cover much.

I would say "Hand on Your Heart" is probably the biggest "hit" omission there, but I'm personally still annoyed they've overlooked "What Do I Have To Do" for "Shocked".

"Kids" I think probably should be there in the scheme of things, but "2 Hearts" I do not fathom at all.

Yes to What Do I Have To Do - what were they thinking?

I'm really no fan of Kids. Fuck schemes of things, the vinyl is for fans. I want The One on vinyl.

Yes to What Do I Have To Do - what were they thinking?

I'm really no fan of Kids. Fuck schemes of things, the vinyl is for fans. I want The One on vinyl.

I see your point.

The more major issue is why she hasn't properly released her albums on vinyl yet. We're still waiting for "Body Language" and "X" at the very least and "Aphrodite", "Christmas" and "Abbey Road" all go for SPECTACULAR amounts nowadays. I fail to understand record companies' thinking- they could make a mint off the likes of Kylie.

I don't think she massively rates WDIHTD-- when I met her (have I ever mentioned that before? :D ) I said it was my favourite song ever (I didn't want to get into "Actually, it's number 2 as Like a Prayer is first, y'know...) and she seemed genuinely AGOG and said "Are you mad?" at me! I honestly wonder how much she realises songs are proper favourites. The constant wheeling out of Kids suggests not...

I see your point.

The more major issue is why she hasn't properly released her albums on vinyl yet. We're still waiting for "Body Language" and "X" at the very least and "Aphrodite", "Christmas" and "Abbey Road" all go for SPECTACULAR amounts nowadays. I fail to understand record companies' thinking- they could make a mint off the likes of Kylie.
I was just about to say. They really are missing / have missed a trick there. The vinyl market has peaked and is now plateauing. They'd better get on with it and her profile couldn't get much higher with Glasto round the corner....

I saw some people speculating about a new Sainsbury's exclusive vinyl online earlier this week, but I think it was based on the release date matching previous years rather than anything else?

I saw some people speculating about a new Sainsbury's exclusive vinyl online earlier this week, but I think it was based on the release date matching previous years rather than anything else?

Yeah it was. And nothing appeared. There are rumours that the record company and them have stopped the contract which is why they've all ended. There is also the suggestion that Sainsbury's aren't going to bother with vinyl for much longer anyway, and as such, they aren't investing in these one-off releases.

I've discovered a handy loon who goes to Sainsbury's for 7am every single week just in case which means by 7:05 I know precisely whether or not I need to bother hotfooting it or not.

Oh FFS enough with those Sainsbury's vinyls.. the Madonna ones are bad enough.. we want proper lovingly restored 180g vinyl with input from the artist etc. etc. :evil:

Oh FFS enough with those Sainsbury's vinyls.. the Madonna ones are bad enough.. we want proper lovingly restored 180g vinyl with input from the artist etc. etc. :evil:

The artists don't give TWO FUCKS.

And coloured vinyl is fine- they're all heavyweight 180g anyway and coloured vinyl is generally of the same sound quality as black. Picture discs are the problem.

I see your point.

Oooh I do have Christmas on vinyl.

The artists don't give TWO FUCKS.

And coloured vinyl is fine- they're all heavyweight 180g anyway and coloured vinyl is generally of the same sound quality as black. Picture discs are the problem.

Indie artists care, but I guess they're more desperate for the cash.

As for coloured vinyl, dunno.. I always feel that black vinyl sounds better (even if both are 180g).. I'm sure @octophone explained it all once..

I thought I hadn't seen any exclusives at all in Sainsbury's for a while.

I don't know whether it's just local branches, but Asda here seem to be making more effort than Sainsbury's now.

Indie artists care, but I guess they're more desperate for the cash.

As for coloured vinyl, dunno.. I always feel that black vinyl sounds better (even if both are 180g).. I'm sure @octophone explained it all once..

Coloured vinyl should be on a par with black now. Back in the 80's/90's, it was hit-and-miss but because of changes in the PVC component of virgin vinyl, the colour doesn't make a difference now.

Of course, if recycled vinyl is used and you have a crap master, you could press it into anything and it'll sound shit.

I thought I hadn't seen any exclusives at all in Sainsbury's for a while.

I don't know whether it's just local branches, but Asda here seem to be making more effort than Sainsbury's now.

There were rumours Asda were going to have the Kylie vinyls but nothing's come of it. Are they doing exclusives as well? I haven't been in to my local Asda for AGES.

Well, since Harrod's no longer visit me DAILY...

Do you have the ABBA Live In Concert on vinyl that came out a few years ago, @Ag? That goes for over £100, and I don't think it was ever listed as limited.

Do you have the ABBA Live In Concert on vinyl that came out a few years ago, @Ag? That goes for over £100, and I don't think it was ever listed as limited.

A load of vinyls from that era are worth loads now. They never pressed them in big quantities like they do now and as demand grew for catalogue items, the stocks ran dry.

Great hits setlist tonight by the way, but I’m happy it’s missable.

Opening with LAFS is a great move! Thank god it isn’t the damned encore. AGAIN.

Did you not go in the end then Sheena?

It does seem like a good setlist but meh, I'm happy to just catch most of it when her Glastonbury Set is screened on BBC1.

Apparently Steve Anderson hasn't done anything special with the arrangements.

Nope. I would have had to go solo so I flogged the tickets- couldn’t be bothered of a week night.

There didn’t need to be any fiddling with the arrangements- give a casual crowd what they want!

In case anyone is going to this and doesn't want to be spoiled

Wow! I see has not made the cut - did not imagine that happening. She has gone in on the SAW classics too.

Your Disco would have been fun for Glasto (on the telly) though.

I didn’t notice that wasn’t there at all!

She may still mix it up for Glastonbury, but I can’t see your latter comment making the cut when she’s going so hit heavy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom