The American Song Contest 2022

Madame Mis-Teeq, tell us our future

• This will be a huge success and eventually replace the current presidential election system

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
yeah that song sucks but I do still want Northern Mariana Islands to win

Colorado is SO Melfest heat 4 pimp slot material (derogatory) - right down to the anthemic verses and general 'this is nearly incredible but not quite' vibe most of them end up having

90 Texas
60 Louisiana
81 Tennessee
70 New Jersey
78 Alabama
86 Florida
100 Alaska
74 South Carolina
30 South Dakota
89 Delaware
17 Northern Mariana Islands
80 Colorado

"Once again, Idol went head-to-head with American Song Contest (0.3, 1.60M) in the 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. blocks. Heading into Monday primetime, one could assume that other networks’ repeats might boost to the new singing series. However, that wasn’t the case as repeats of The Neighborhood and Bob Hearts Abishola on CBS and 9-1-1 and 9-1-1: Lone Star on Fox topped American Song Contest in ratings. For what it’s worth, American Song Contest was steady from the prior week."

wtf is Bob Hearts Abishola

The description:

"After having a heart attack, Bob falls in love with his Nigerian nurse, Abishola, and sets his sights on getting her to give him a chance in the city of Detroit, Michigan"

Apparently at least the rerun of week 2 on Sunday got 1 million viewers against the Grammys, which is something I suppose if the repeats are getting half as many total viewers again.

There’s a pattern of the type of song and artist the jury have awarded the direct qualifier to every week!

They have far too much influence and I hate how they’ve now incorporated their rainkings in to the show (I mean it’s pretty much impossible now for any of the bottom few to even qualify anyway so it’s a wasted vote for any of them)

The description:

"After having a heart attack, Bob falls in love with his Nigerian nurse, Abishola, and sets his sights on getting her to give him a chance in the city of Detroit, Michigan"

It’s the current Chuck Lorre (Three & A Half Men/Big Bang Theory) sitcom.

There’s a pattern of the type of song and artist the jury have awarded the direct qualifier to every week!

They have far too much influence and I hate how they’ve now incorporated their rainkings in to the show (I mean it’s pretty much impossible now for any of the bottom few to even qualify anyway so it’s a wasted vote for any of them)
The viewers vote independently of the jury so it doesn't matter if they rank something last. The top 3 with the public qualify no matter what.

Actually AGOG at Florida coming second with them given this :D

Right!! I was stunned she was 2nd 😂

This is week 4’s line up!

1C8704A8-7C83-407D-9180-D0E671B849AC.jpeg

If Washington or Massachusetts wins next weeks jury vote with a boring ballad I am done 😂

The viewers vote independently of the jury so it doesn't matter if they rank something last. The top 3 with the public qualify no matter what.
Hang on, I'm not sure this is true? I'm pretty sure they've said the three week-after qualifiers are 50/50 jury and public?

Hang on, I'm not sure this is true? I'm pretty sure they've said the three week-after qualifiers are 50/50 jury and public?
Oh? I don't think that's what they said at the start. Ridiculous if so.

Voting for the Qualifiers will open Mondays and will close Wednesday morning.

“In the five-week Qualifiers (March 21, 28, April 4, 11, 18) at the end of each night, the jury will advance one artist immediately to the Semi-Finals,” according to NBC. “The remaining three spots will be determined through a combination of jury and fan votes. The artists advancing to the Semi-Finals will be announced the following week. In the Semi-Finals (April 25 & May 2), 10 artists will perform each week, with a slightly elevated performance of their original song.”

That’s what I thought but it’s not;

In the five-week Qualifiers (March 21, 28, April 4, 11, 18) at the end of each night, the jury will advance one artist immediately to the Semi-Finals,” according to NBC. “The remaining three spots will be determined through a combination of jury and fan votes. The artists advancing to the Semi-Finals will be announced the following week. In the Semi-Finals (April 25 & May 2)

Voting for the Qualifiers will open Mondays and will close Wednesday morning.

“In the five-week Qualifiers (March 21, 28, April 4, 11, 18) at the end of each night, the jury will advance one artist immediately to the Semi-Finals,” according to NBC. “The remaining three spots will be determined through a combination of jury and fan votes. The artists advancing to the Semi-Finals will be announced the following week. In the Semi-Finals (April 25 & May 2), 10 artists will perform each week, with a slightly elevated performance of their original song.”
Beat me to it haha!

Yeah @Tetris-Rock made the point during watching this evening that it all feels a bit SKEWED towards the juries, all in all.
Yes! Even more so now they’re showing the jury ranking three weeks in to the show. It’s such a hodgepodge 😂

I do think it’s a great format at heart but they’re really not doing it justice.

The jury ranking happening throughout felt much better as a format this week than previously, even if it was slightly devastating immediately knowing Jewel is completely doomed :D

OK I'm 100% here for Grant. Just not the song. The performance is giving me Luca Henny which also was visually pleasing.

Wow. This weeks are by and large a shower of shit. From the previews Georgia seems to be a bit of a bop.

Washington (state) qualified yesterday.

Texas, Alabama and Colorado qualified from the third heat.

(Why on earth would you put both Washingtons in the same heat?)

Having a look at the NBC youtube video views. Some of the acts in week 2 have huge numbers compared to most week 1 / week 3 videos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom