The BIG Mello 2024 GOSSIP & ARTIST SPECULATION Thread

More like some many from SKÅNE (incl Elecktra), does any other region in Sweden have any artists left?

Very much enjoying Insomnia but they didn't turn the gay one's microphone on for this did they?

Kim Cesarion is the first name I'm intrigued by. I'm surprised he's not made an appearance in some form over the years.

Fascinated by the Swedish equivalent of a Real Housewife getting her moment on the stage. :D:disco:

The random English of it, you can more or less make out what's going on. :D

"YOU'RE NOT THE STAR OF THE SHOW" :D
"YOU CREEP, YOU STUPID BITCH" :D

Last edited:
Melodifestivalen 2024 keeps giving us names!

Miss Filth has landed multiple Swedish Top 10s and one #1 in the span of a year.

Singles include 'Ride me like a Dala horse', 'Midsummer Hard On' and 'Crawl Home' with classy lyrics such as

"Now it's flowing because you're a real scrubber
You kneel down now and just suck
I bring something out, see what's on offer
Tell me, skank, who is it that drinks the most
?"

Last edited:
I just dozed off for a bit and dreamt that I walked past two acquaintances lounging on the living room sofa to get to their kitchen.

While reaching for a half-filled glass on the counter, I notice that they're watching Eurovision. Filling up my glass with ice-cold water and dropping in one of those rehydrate effervescent tablets, I overhear my two friends discussing if Loreen's performance was actually good enough to win. Moving towards the sofa, I take a sip from my glass as I calmly express my expert opinion that I wasn't sure if she would, but she that she at least was a deserving favourite.
- It screams easy 12s from juries and solid 8s/10s from the televote, I said.
Glancing at the TV, I see Loreen in a catsuit doing up-and-down motions with dancers backing her up but suddenly feel something fluttering on my tongue. I reach in and remove the pesky little thing, which turns out it's a fruit fly.

Returning to the sink to pour out the remaining flies splattering about in said glass, I make out that my friends weren't exactly sharing my opinion.
- It's just too similar to Euphoria, spewes one of them. Such audacity, Tattoo is a completely different work of art.
- Yes, and it wouldn't be good for the competition if she won again. I cringe at the very notion that Käärijä could be considered a better ambassador than Mother.

Having poured out enough rehydration to remove all fruit flies and finally refilled my glass once more, I return to the sofa catching the end of what's an eclectic but stale performance of 'Is It Love'. Turns out they've been watching the Melodifestivalen 2024 Deltävling 1 all along. As Loreen goes in for her signature ending nail pose the comatose Swedish audience barely flinches.

Camera turns and in comes an energetic, and quite frankly, uncharacteristically confident Anne Lie-Rydé. She's dressed in Conor O'Donohoe's golden catsuit, taking down huge cheers from the now jubilant standing audience.
- Yes! My friends cheer in union.

Taking note of her unquestionable presence and glamour while remembering her official retirement stunt just a few months ago, I'm quietly thinking to myself;
- This was your plan all along, wasn't it?

Last edited:
Six new names:
Jay Smith (Idol Winner)
Scarlet (Metal Girl Band)
Albin Tingwall (Idol)
Jacqline Moss (Idol)
Dear Sara (X-factor)
Chelsea Muco

Reactions: Hak
Out of these I've only really listened to Jay Smith and Dear Sara.

Dear Sara's voice has a hint of Björk while her her music is much more melodic and conventional. I'll expect a ballad but her catalogue is quite diverse, I hold some hope her label might've conspired with the Debs to go full on etno on her 🙏

I can definitely see Danny having a Sanna-esque lifetime achievement win if the song is competitive enough. Dandi Dansa felt like him pulling his punches a little.

Dandi Dansa was fun enough - but definitely not super competitive.

He's probably going to do it in English. He needs a hit and really wants to win this time, not like in 2021.
Song produced by a guy responsible for hit songs from Swedish House Mafia, Alesso or Danny's songs from 15 years ago make me feel optimistic.

Last edited:
In 2021, he shared a feed with his followers expressing that he found his own presence at the finals somewhat lackluster without a competitive entry. He also asked his fans whether he should try again and go for the win.

There are multiple acts now who wouldn't enter with just any song. It's going to be a competitive year.

Yes Dandi Dansa was dog shit and he knew it. Wasn't 2021 just a meal ticket since he couldn't earn from performing/touring due to Covid-19?

Yes Dandi Dansa was dog shit and he knew it. Wasn't 2021 just a meal ticket since he couldn't earn from performing/touring due to Covid-19?
Quite the opposite. As Danny lives to perform, he spent a huge amount of his own cash on that Jenga box pet project of his, done for the sake of putting on a good show. There was simply no way to rake in profits from live performances during COVID.

According to Aftonbladet she's also back :eyes:
Only 5 more names to be leaked before the press conference next week...

According to Aftonbladet she's also back :eyes:

The woman who gave us what once was the longest Deltävling topic in Moopy history :disco:

Oh she looks NERVOUS
Oh thank god, a desperate blonde woman is HERE TO SAVE US ALL
Elisa looking like she'd babysit and poison your kids, laughing all the while
This lady looks like she holds a DARK SECRET
There's a bit of Evil Sarah in her face.
She definitely votes Sverigedemokraterna
This is VERY VERY SWEDISH
Yes I thought she was evil too.
OMG those GIMLET EYES JUST THEN :D
Anthea Turner vibes
This sort of stuff usually finishes 7th, right? :eyes:
Her wings are a bit shit
I reckon she's a SECRET PAEDOPHILE
I'm seeing ANTHEA TURNER and I bet she's tweeted mean things about fat people as well :evil:
This is bordering on a parody entry tbh :D
:D at that surpirise interpretive dancing :D
She slaughtered a peacock (funny)
I genuinely worry that Elisa may have locked my children in a basement, and I don't even HAVE children...
I'm enjoying the random arms in the smoke
The absolute conviction of impending victory in her eyes is Quite Something
She is shivving ANYTHING that gets between her and andra chansen tonight
This is so ACHINGLY SINCERE I'm finding it all rather hilarious tbh :D

Those MANIC EYES!
This is not for me, but I imagine it doing very well with those it is intended for
I think she killed when she was a child.
Giving that 100%
I think she might murder everyone who finishes above her
It’s so hard to compare that with the other songs. Did she use any prerecorded vocals at all?
I would have been losing my shit over Elisa had SHIRLEY CLAMP honked her way through it.

However, tonight she clearly needs to be hurled under the SCHLAGER BUS
Elisa was amazing and ur jus all jelus.
At least it’s a nice UPBEAT NUMBER after HATEFUL ELISA who almost certainly throws kittens in the river.
he seems nice. Hopefully he never crosses paths with Elisa
This Elisa entry is a total future comedy classic isn't it.

Quite RUSSIA on an experimental year in the staging.
Absolutely love desperation in mint pastel
Elisa's going to commit ACTUAL MURDER :D
Everyone needs to sleep with one eye open tonight to watch out for Elisa now
Elisa's face was full on sucking lemon waiting then, I dread to think what she is like now :(
Elisa JUST killed someone. Again!
I’m sad Elisa had to die, but I’m delighted she took Moustach down with her
Her CACKLES OF JOY! Babe, Elisa really is JUST AROUND THE CORNER BACKSTAGE WITH A SWORD :D
Meanwhile, Elisa readies her next move

S7oq.gif
Elisa came LAST :D

Lock up your children, I sense a KILLING SPREE
Fuck me, the Elisa performance just gets funnier every time. :D
I can’t help but wonder what the others are thinking when Elisa is speaking, particularly when she says “this absolutely can’t be the last time we’re on stage all together” and they give each other smiling side-eyes

I don't know if Mello will ever be able to top the insane euphoria of last night's show. Even Elisa stabbing the entire costume department to death hasn't dampened the party spirit.

I don't think international fans gets how big of a catch Carina Berg is for SVT.

She's likely Sweden's most high-profile (definitely best-paid) female presenter of the last decade!

Regarding presenters, in order of significance:

11. Carina Berg: Tied down to Kanal 5.
She was mentioned mentioned as number 11 on my list of possible ESC presenters but I didn't think it was in the cards considering she's been tied down to Kanal 5 for many years. Turns out she ditched them at the end of summer.

Poll Results: Who do you wanna see in Melfest 2024?

71% Carola
71% September
57% Agnes
57% Clara Klingenström
57% Darin
57% Keiino
57% Lina Hedlund
57% Marcus & Martinus
57% Nanne
57% Tess Merkel
43% Charlotte Perrelli
43% Dotter
43% Magnus Carlsson
43% One More Time
43% Renaida
43% Sanna Nielsen
29% Ace Wilder
29% Jessan
29% MEDINA
29% Oscar Zia
29% Smash Into Pieces
14% Danny
14% Kiana
14% Robin Stjernberg
14% Samir & Viktor
14% Tusse
0% Bishara
0% Frans
0% Maria Sur
0% Melanie Wehbe

Danny Saucedo and Dotter in the same deltävling suggests one of them isn’t bringing the quality expected of them.

Oh LIAMOO not second in the running order

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom