The Corrs - "Talk on Corners"

BECAUSE the power is not MINE, I'll just have to LET IT FLAAHAA...

• Total voters
You're my friend,
You're my lover wanna BITE you

'Cause even if the sun CAME TUMBLING DOWN
You light the ground I walk on
Even if the moon FELL OUT OF THE SKY
You light the ground I walk on

real housewives dancing GIF by RealityTVGIFs

I forgot about Heaven Knows! What a BOP!
When she goes ayayayayayeeoeoeoeoeoeo :disco:

Should have been a SINGLE! And tbh, there wasn't a lot to pick out from that album :( I LOATHE Love to love you.

LEt me loon a bit about Heaven Knows, showcases they not only had a knack for choruses and melodies but the girls knew how to play with their voices perfectly, the vocal arrangements were LUSH.

I was a HUGE fan of The Corrs right from the beginning when I found the CD single of Runaway in the bargain bin of my local record shop for 99p when it was first released. They pretty much defined 1996 for me (along with Gina G) :D

Their chart history is very interesting - it took them EIGHT singles to have a hit. There can't be many acts who can match this feat. Most record companies would have pulled the plug by then. To go from relative failure to the huge success they had was quite something.

I think the release of the Greatest Hits in 2001 after three albums was probably a bit too early in their career, and then the gap between that and Borrowed Heaven in 2004 stunted their career, and Home was not what the public wanted. White Light was a decent return but Jupiter Calling was BORING.

I had a listen to the slightly maligned In Blue earlier. Some strong tracks but it makes Emma Bunton sound edgy, and it's one of those albums which is very obviously about four tracks too long.

I do think they should've given Somebody For Someone a single release though. Bit treacly, but it stands out.

I'm dipping in and out of their post-Borrowed Heaven material. White Light and I Do What I Want are great.

is there anything worthwhile on Jupiter Calling?

they should be signed to BMG. they're the perfect act for a nostalgia revival.

Little Wing is beautiful.

The rest is a load of old tosh

“What Can You Do” is one of the blandest things I’ve ever heard in my life and the cover of “Dreams” is a criminal act

I used to wish I liked the Corrs because until she got divorced and relocated to Madrid Sharon lived a few streets away from me with her barrister husband in Belfast. I’d quite liked to have had a favourite pop star close at hand.

The setlist from that concert + They're coming back next year with an actual TOUR *Australia and NZ only* (And Natalie Imbruglia is opening for them) calling Queen of Breeziness @Alex

Give me a Reason
Forgiven, Not Forgotten
Dreams
What Can I Do
Bring on the Night
Radio
Little Wing
Joy of Life / Trout in the Bath
Ellis Island
No Frontiers
Love to Love You
Summer Sunshine
White Light
Only When I Sleep
Queen of Hollywood
So Young
I Never Really Loved You Anyway
Runaway
Breathless

Toss the Feathers

They've had more Top 10 Singles and charting albums than her, BEEP ME when it's the other way around!

The dates are quite close together as well, so unlikely to add second nights. I mean the demand may not be there, sure. But still.

I'd have thought they can fill Bournemouth BIC and one night at London O2 for sure. Maybe they'll add more later.

I'd definitely want to see this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom