The Kate Bush Singles Rate: The Countdown

26. Night of the Swallow (from The Dreaming)

Kate goes :ireland: in this nice little FOLKY piece. In fact, it was only released in Ireland, although there was no promotion whatsoever. This Irish theme seemed to continue with a few of her other songs, including Jig of Life and Rocket Man.

Average score: 7.125
Highest score: 11 (COB)
Lowest score: 0 (funky, Ag)

HELLO OLD LADY

Oh I'm in the mood for some o' that later.

If it's not too much TROUBLE, that would be nice.

But Kate hasn't released a new song in 9 years* so don't feel you should rush anything Kate-related.

* If you don't count Tawny Moon, which I don't.

Pleeeeeease :love::love:
I’ll try and get down to #20 over the weekend but I’d have thought the sync watch will have to wait until the first week of Jan (mainly because I’ll be pissed or hungover from around the 23rd-1st).

24. The Dreaming (from.. The Dreaming :D)

Average score: 7.25
Highest score: 10 (Peekaboo)
Lowest score: 5 (Kate)

I will never for the life of me understand how such a catchy, radio friendly ditty failed to catch on :disco:

Realistically, a completely insane single choice, obviously, but I love the creeping dread of it all.

D-D-D-DREAM T-T-T-TIIIIME!

I do fear she'd probably be cancelled for it in 2020 though, even without the presence of ROLF :(

BANG goes another kanga on the bonnet of the van.

It's a great video.

Her accent work on The Dreaming (the album generally) is truly iconic.

I AM ZEE CONCIERGE, CHEZ MOI HONEY

I love this song, it has all the Kate elements: insane vocals, intense beats (which seem to be a constant throughout The Dreaming), a slightly creepy theme/execution and a good dose of her standard BONKERANZA.

Wikipedia says Depeche Mode sampled her HEAVY BREATHING into Personal Jesus - sounds like POPPYCOCK to me but it's a good unchecked fact to drop onto non-Bushies :disco:

I'm watching Kates Xmas special to get me in the festive mood.

* smashes chair on a dancer's head, festively *

Oh I’m quite busy for next week or so :D

Ah well less time for the in-depth analysis for each song which I know some people LOVE :eyes:

God I love Experiment IV. It's all about those SINISTER STRINGS. :disco:

And of course Terry Wogan's mildly agog reaction when she debuted her latest CATCHY CHART HIT on his chat show.

22. December Will Be Magic Again

Average score: 7.5
Highest score: 10 (ButterTart, Kate)
Lowest score: 3 (Tisch)

I am surprised at how high it finished!

I think it's LOVELY and she needed a festive song for the xmas special seeing as the other numbers were all REVENGE KILLINGS and SHRIEKING BATS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom