The Moopy Celebrity "Cancellation" Tracker

To be fair, she was (I say that in past tense) really refreshing and a rather good social media personality I thought for a few years. Relatable, hilarious and all that and seemed to fight the good cause.

Seems that may not actually have been the case, but for a while there she built up a pretty good following on all her platforms.

She is incredibly popular on Twitter and Instagram. One of the best examples of a social media brand/personality.

Obviously that’s awful (if true) but “I can not heal from this deep trauma unless I TELL THE WHOLE WORLD” is a bit :D

She only did one yesterday! 🥴

I thought maybe the apology yesterday would be for being cringe, but turns out it was for telling 16 year old Courtney Stodden to kill herself. What a DICK.

Has she actually lost any endorsements over any of this? On one hand it was seven years ago but she was already almost thirty then and should have known better than to casually tell people to kill themselves. :what:

She’s always had a very subversive sense of humour and approach to social media in general which was very refreshing, but it was inevitably going to lead to trouble eventually. Language acceptance on social media has changed a LOT in the last 5 years and so has she, and I personally believe there’s a difference between genuine bullying and a dark sense of humour - not that I’m condoning what she said, it was a dickhead move and shouldn’t be said under any circumstances, but I don’t think the intent was there. I think sometimes we blanket cancel when there are shades of grey to people’s online behaviour. She doesn’t deserve to have her life ruined for a couple of shitty remarks.

I think it's just a bit IRONIC because despite her sometimes close-to-the-bone humour she tends to lead these moral crusades herself.

Like, she got someone sacked a while ago for criticising her for slapping her name on a load of kitchen tat, because that was racist apparently :zombie:

Yeah it’s a bit double standards. You can’t have it both ways.

And in a SHOCKING twist, the man who called out a bully that used to call out bullies is called out as a bully (includes Leona Lewis):

https://people.com/music/leona-lewis-michael-costello-chrissy-tegan-controversy/

Confused Thinking GIF

I really got "messy queen" from his initial revelations but I didn't say it as I am the paragon of wokeness on Moopy and have standards to uphold

I really got "messy queen" from his initial revelations but I didn't say it as I am the paragon of wokeness on Moopy and have standards to uphold

Reading his reaction to Leona's reaction to his reaction to Chrissy's behaviour (🥴) I'm thinking that too.
Lots of "Oh I'm so sorry this happened to you, I don't know what happened with middle-men... but I've also got vague receipts claiming you were doing something(?)" I hate these non-apologies. I'm sorry YOU FELT

PS I hate news articles that reproduce all the text from a tweet/Insta post AND post the caps of those things too. At least don't shuffle them up

PPS Why do people use Instagram for sharing TEXT all the time?

PPPS Don't write text up at 80 degrees from the horizontal, it's not a burn book

PPPPS blah blah hate hate blah

I know he's been cancelled for years, but I really want to draw attention to professional guttersnipe and proud bearer of the title 'universe's unfunniest man' Lee Hurst. Here, he's defending the man who - a fortnight back - staged a coup in an attempt to overturn democracy. Pls feel free to go in and make personal attacks against him.

He's at it/a tit again

Wish he would go back in time and refuse his MMR and polio vaccines

She was moaning that Ab Fab could “never be made today because everyone is so sensitive” despite an Ab Fab film being released in 2016.

From this thread it sounds like the quotes have been taken a bit out of context. Or rather, a couple of different answers have been mushed together and put under a headline about WOKE CANCEL CULTURE to get people het up.

During my moopy absence I bought a ticket for the Bimini online show at Clapham Grand. They made some disparaging reference to Jennifer Saunders and I'm fairly sure it was related to her not shouting down gender critical comments someone else made.

During my moopy absence I bought a ticket for the Bimini online show at Clapham Grand. They made some disparaging reference to Jennifer Saunders and I'm fairly sure it was related to her not shouting down gender critical comments someone else made.

Saunders was pegged last year as being the next person to go full Rowling. AFAIK, this hasn't happened yet.

Also: Twitter is giving Lee Hurst an audience. His deliberate horseshit is giving him a late-career comeback catering entirely to cunts, which is approximately 52% of Britain.*

*Don't ask me where I got that figure from, it just came to me as I was typing, don't know why..

There are a couple of Ab Fab jokes that don't stand so well in 2021. I think there was a joke about Muslims and the Patsy was briefly a man ongoing joke (although I rather ignorantly find that amusing).

Love it. He should stick to what he's good at; being so shit at comedy he's best remembered as the straight man in a double act which also featured David Gower.
Wikipedia seems to agree

Lee Hurst (born 16 October 1962) is an English "comedian"

Wikipedia seems to agree

Lee Hurst (born 16 October 1962) is an English "comedian"

I was just about to post that :D I had to google him to remind myself who he was and that made me chortle.

I was just about to post that :D I had to google him to remind myself who he was and that made me chortle.
So here’s where I find you, when you should have been in the Moopy sync watch.

does this competition mean nothing to you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom