09 It Could Be Sweet
09 Wandering Star
09 It's a Fire
10 Numb
11 ROADS
08 Pedestal
08 Biscuit
10 Glory Box

YouTube is trying to play Mezzanine. I might let it.

NME 9/10

This is, without question, a sublime debut album. But so very, very sad." It observed, "From one angle, its languid slowbeat blues clearly occupy similar terrain to soulmates Massive Attack and all of Bristol hip-hop's extended family. But from another these are avant garde ambient moonscapes of a ferociously experimental nature." The review concluded that "Portishead's post-ambient, timelessly organic blues are probably too left-field, introspective and downright Bristolian to grab short-term glory as some kind of Next Big Thing. But remember what radical departures Blue Lines, Ambient Works and Debut were for their times and make sure you hear this unmissable album.

Who fancies a trash Euro dance version of Glory Box?

I thought you would :)

I've put on the Roseland live version of Glory Box now :disco:

My Spotify search is also telling me that OLIVIA COLMAN covered it for that Children in Need thing last year. Should I listen to it? Is it good?

My Spotify search is also telling me that OLIVIA COLMAN covered it for that Children in Need thing last year. Should I listen to it? Is it good?

Take a guess

Probably not.

Portishead covered ABBA at some point. Was it SOS?

I do not know what to put on now...I feel a little silence before I decide is appropriate.

@octophone, do we have a suggestions thread?

Only I feel Air's Moon Safari would make an excellent Sunday night listen as well.

You know I absolutely love these topics. They can so carry on after lockdown.

@octophone, do we have a suggestions thread?

Only I feel Air's Moon Safari would make an excellent Sunday night listen as well.

It would indeed - someone also recommended The Knife's "Silent Shout" last week but I forget who (apologies).

I was thinking some Goldfrapp for the Sunday night listens would work. Maybe either Black Cherry or Seventh Tree.

My thought at the moment is to have the Tuesday and the Sunday continuing but with differing agenda: so Sunday for more chilled listening and Tuesday for bangers. Of course, some albums have both in equal measure so that makes the separation a bit artificial.

My thought at the moment is to have the Tuesday and the Sunday continuing but with differing agenda: so Sunday for more chilled listening and Tuesday for bangers. Of course, some albums have both in equal measure so that makes the separation a bit artificial.
Do we have a suggestions/ timetable topic?

Do we have a suggestions/ timetable topic?

It's gone a bit adhoc, tbh...

All I had written down was to do Garbage's Version 2.0 this Tuesday and then Impossible Princess next Tuesday. There's a few good suggestions strewn around the various threads.

I'd favour Hounds Of Love for a Tuesday. Not that it matters one jot :D

I really wanted a situation where I wasn't really choosing the albums and I;m really pleased to have that.

"This week, octy posts to herself about Nurse With Wound. Again" was a fate I was keen to avoid.

Reactions: COB
If anyone wants to listen to more of Beth, I would very much recommend 'Mysteries' from her solo-ish album with Rustin Man. I'd recommend the whole album but that's the stand out track for me.

I'd favour Hounds Of Love for a Tuesday. Not that it matters one jot :D

It does. All suggestions, opinions etc welcomed.

I mean, welcomed does not mean "actioned". I am not fucking doing "Step One", whoever chucked that in...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom