THE SUNDAY SYNC - PORTISHEAD - DUMMY 8PM 10/05

10 Mysterons
10 Sour Times
07 Strangers
08 It Could Be Sweet
10 Wandering Star
08 It's A Fire
10 Numb

Numb was a bit of an advert/trailer favourite for a while, I seem to recall. You can see why!
I never even knew that Numb was a single until years later but all of the advert uses make it very nearly as familiar as the big two.

It's well spooky.

Worth remembering that summer 94 was the height of Britpop. Perhaps not a surprise that the album took until the winter to really cut through.
It's such a frosty winter album. I remember Glory Box appearing on radio in late 1994 early 1995 in the dark months.

10 Mysterons
10 Sour Times
08 Strangers
09 It Could Be Sweet
09 Wandering Star
09 It's a Fire
10 Numb

The intro to this is soooo good.

And then her voice comes in and just lifts it even more.

10 Mysterons
10 Sour Times
08 Strangers
09 It Could Be Sweet
09 Wandering Star
09 It's a Fire
10 Numb
11 ROADS

I need to listen to the lyrics properly I think - now I've realised how good it is.

10 Mysterons
10 Sour Times
08 Strangers
09 It Could Be Sweet
07 Wandering Star
09 Its A Fire
10 Numb
11 Roads

10 Mysterons
10 Sour Times
07 Strangers
08 It Could Be Sweet
10 Wandering Star
08 It's A Fire
10 Numb
10 Roads

Pedestal is back to more standard/less devastating fare, but I'm liking it!

What was the timeline of this album compared to the first Moloko one? Because I can definitely see similarities between some of Beth's vocal phrasing and what Roisin was doing early in her career.

Roads is a real discovery in terms of songs that I wasn't previously all that familiar with.

Iā€™ve heard it before but kind of forgotten it existed. It will be on repeat endlessly at Chez Lucille ce sour.

What was the timeline of this album compared to the first Moloko one? Because I can definitely see similarities between some of Beth's vocal phrasing and what Roisin was doing early in her career.
Moloko were certainly later.

Dare I say it, Pedestal is the first track that feels a little bit like filler. To be honest, like I've already said, I tend to listen to this as one long track without thinking of the various songs as individuals, so I'd hardly notice normally.

But if this came on, on its own, I wouldn't be as taken as I am with the rest of the album.

10 Mysterons
10 Sour Times
08 Strangers
09 It Could Be Sweet
07 Wandering Star
09 Its A Fire
10 Numb
11 Roads
09 Pedestal

10 Mysterons
10 Sour Times
08 Strangers