The United Kingdom: The RISHI RICH Sunak ERA

I'm not 100% sure this belongs here, but we don't have a general state of the UK thread not tied to one of the parties.

anyway this is a really stunningly insightful long read in the New Yorker about the state of the UK, with a particular focus on the last 13 years.

it seems to have taken many years of research, interviews etc and features quotes from key players (Osborne and Cummings trigger warning) and some truly breathtaking statistics I was not necessarily aware of about cuts in spending, local council budgets, poverty, regional disparity etc.

1000077607.jpg

a real must-read if you have 30-45 mins to spare and don't mind feeling a little suicidal by the time you're done. it's quite rare to see journalism of this kind now so hats off to Sam Knight.

some truly breathtaking statistics I was not necessarily aware of about cuts in spending, local council budgets, poverty, regional disparity etc.

That was a very interesting read.

To the point above, everything has been chopped to the bone. George Osbourne can be smug that austerity won out, but at the end of the day you run out of services to cut. And charity can't pick up the slack when food's too expensive for people to donate to food banks.

The only one who couldn’t read the massive warning sign SCAPEGOAT when being offered the role. I bet he was 27th in line. Everyone else dodging responsibility so they might have a place once in opposition.

Why would you put yourself anywhere near Sunak right now?

Wait this isn't troll fake news?

I honestly thought this was from the Gullis parody account

The leader of the DUP Jeffrey Donaldson has deleted ALL his social media.

Rumour is, is that he's allegedly involved with some kind of child abuse.

Did they just draw a tarot card or something?

When you've been talking about stopping the boats his entire premiership and he hasn't managed it, so you plot to bring in someone with years of experience not stopping boats.

The methodology is shonky. It has Labour winning bizarre seats like Hazel Grove.

Last edited:
It's reassuring that the male Tory gays are every bit as messy as the male Tory straights. A shower of the daftest randy bastards going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom