The Vaccination Lounge

Vaccinated? I barely know Ed!

• I've been vaccinated with a different version

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
There's nothing about avoiding alcohol in the literature full of warnings etc they give you, no evidence of inhibited antibody formation... can't see why it's stupid aside from a possibly enhanced headache but I don't usually get hangovers anyway

The real side effects hit you the day after the vaccine. You're just adding a hangover! Unless you're planning on drinking from when you get up the next day?

I’ve had zero side effects from mine thankfully just a sore arm!

I drink slowly over a long period of time, almost never get a hangover and sleep til mid afternoon on sundays 👍

I didn’t get any side effects. Is that normal? I remember ages ago reading that if you don’t feel unwell it is likely you have either had it, or not had. Can not remember which? :bruised:

I didn’t get any side effects. Is that normal? I remember ages ago reading that if you don’t feel unwell it is likely you have either had it, or not had. Can not remember which? :bruised:
IIRR 3/4 of the general population will be completely asymptomatic - either with the vaccine or the actual lurgy, so not suffering any symptoms isn't automatically indicative of anything. Otherwise, for the remaining 1/4 internet wisdom has it that the first dose of AZ gives the most side-effects as does the second dose of Pfizer. Moderna, supposedly has the severest side effects of the three.

I felt like I had the worst hangover in my life the day after my jab. Delighted I didn't drink!

Who knows anyway. I'll report back when i get mine in August-ish. I was pretty unconfident of being close to my jab, but if the whole "not AZ" for under 40s comes to fruition and they don't have anything else, then i'm going to be waiting a while. Plus York is way behind the national vaccine rate and i've got holidays coming up.

Maybe i'll get my first when the elderly get their third.

Nice cold pint of Pfizer for me on Thursday. Got a text in the morning. Wasn't sure which one I was due to receive - I'm a SPRIGHTLY 36 so i'm glad I didn't get the EVIL AZ (yeah, ok, I'd have happily taken it). I've had basically no side effects, which is wonderful, but has got me wondering whether it was all a (rather mundane) dream.

Other than a SORE ARM I had no side effects after the Pfizer vaccine, nothing at all after the second jab either where I know some had been feeling quite bad afterwards

I MORE THAN LIKELY probably drank a fair bit after I’d been jabbed too.

I can barely type now, shivering like it's -5

other than that, pretty much fine. Bit of arm ache fairly similar to your first workout in a while but so far less severe. Very mild headache. It's the chills that are getting me

for what it's worth I've had 2.5 of the bottles and can't manage more than a sip, so pretty safe from getting wasted lol

Any clotting happens 4-14 days after the jab but that seems a good excuse to keep thinning the blood...

Wtf GIF

Not too bad now. Went from freezing and having to sleep with clothes on to roasting and having to take them off and a mildly restless night of occasionally waking up. Perception of time went wonky - I'd feel like I'd slept for half a day then look at the clock and see it'd been an hour or so.

Mostly just a mild headache now.

Our local surgery have been cancelling bookings for under 40s as of today. Lucky timing with mine and glad I pushed for it while I could!

I would keep trying the NHS website throughout the day, even if still says 40. (You can enter you NHS number and DOB, and it will tell you if eligible)

Particularly in the early evening.

Interesting! When I went it was still 40+ but the surgery had started calling in 39 year olds just before the change in guidance. Hence I had a hard time getting them to give me the AZ jab. They were saying it could be a month before they had Pfizer. But if the official booking is now being enabled, that would suggest sufficient national supply of.... something..... maybe at this point they'll be told "if you only have AZ, give them AZ" and will quit with trying to turn people away like they tried with me (and succeeded with my friends). This would be far more sensible, given how there are signs of exponential growth if the ZOE study is to be believed.

This would be far more sensible, given how there are signs of exponential growth if the ZOE study is to be believed.
I've been through the ZOE app and weekly email and can't see mention of any growth, let alone exponential growth. Where's that coming from if I may ask?

Reactions: D5K
I've been through the ZOE app and weekly email and can't see mention of any growth, let alone exponential growth. Where's that coming from if I may ask?
User speculation for now until this week's update goes out, but as of yesterday the daily new cases are up about 75% over the week before, a doubling time of 8 or 9 days. It's been seeing bigger and bigger daily increases for the past couple of weeks and has gone kind of nuts over the past few days relatively speaking

Maybe a tad early to assume that it's exponential (hence only "signs of") but increasing certainly

Oh balls. My colleague who had her two jabs back in March has had an antibody test and she doesn’t have a trace of antibodies

I hate hearing stuff like this!

although she had the Pfizer, and I didn’t, so sorry and best of luck to you all who did :)

hooray!

I mean, mild hooray. I'm going on holiday on Monday so i don't really want to risk the side effects, plus our centre is impossible to get bookings for (a 44yo friend has been trying for weeks) but hooray nonetheless.

I read somewhere that the protection the vaccine gives you doesn't show up on standard antibody tests...

there’s an area of Liverpool near me that’s up 100% in a week. Although the other 4 regions of Liverpool are still decreasing and they’re saying it’s an isolated outbreak. They’ve closed a school and a swimming pool. The numbers appear to be almost entirely children.

I read somewhere that the protection the vaccine gives you doesn't show up on standard antibody tests...

she gets tested monthly cos she’s on immune suppressant medication. There’s not enough research yet but they are looking into whether these people would be able to develop enough antibodies easily (not impossible just more difficult).

Oh balls. My colleague who had her two jabs back in March has had an antibody test and she doesn’t have a trace of antibodies

I hate hearing stuff like this!

although she had the Pfizer, and I didn’t, so sorry and best of luck to you all who did :)

That is odd, they're said to last 6+ months for most people. It does vary from person to person though, she might be an unusual case.

Worth also keeping in mind there's a lot more to immunity than antibodies (which just happen to be the easiest to test for). Those "memory T cell" things look to be good for potentially decades, using SARS1 immunity as a guide. If I understand correctly I think it means you'd still get an infection but the T cells would know exactly how to create the antibodies and result in only a mild or asymptomatic disease. Basically you blast CO2 at a fire and eventually the CO2 disperses, but you still have the training for the extinguisher for next time and are spending less time trying to remember where it even was and fiddling around with the little plastic tab. (Vaccines would then be your office fire safety course. The typical severe reaction to covid-19 being more like your body doesn't know what it's doing and pours petrol on it in the hopes it'll put it out)

Last edited:
Yeah I’ve read something like that, like the antibodies are invisible but your body still remembers.

what I found more interesting (and I’m completely speculating) is that she had absolutely no symptoms whatsover, no sore arm, nothing. Makes you wonder if there’s a correlation between reaction and effectiveness.

only because I was rough as fuck mind and am hoping I’m immunised up to my eyeballs :D

Yeah a quick Google produced this - may well not apply to your friend but in case anyone else was fretting...!

Yes to the T-cells business as well.

only because I was rough as fuck mind and am hoping I’m immunised up to my eyeballs :D

I was thinking this as I read the second paragraph :D When someone has a bad reaction, my instinct is to think "great"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom