The Wednesday of DOOM

Considering yesterday’s non-performance, I don’t feel too bad today. Miserable I’m back at work, sure, and with 867 emails to go through, not looking forward to the day ahead, but it really could be worse...

It's absolutely fucking FREEZING up here.

It took me 15 minutes to see another person on foot this morning (out of a 30 min walk). Still, that's it all OVER, back to the shit.

There no children alive born in the 20th century as of yesterday.

It doesn't seem like anyone else here has DIED over the CHRISTMAS BREAK

OH WELL

Morning. I barely slept at all last night, as if it were the first day back at school. I don't even think I'll have that bad a day today so I'm not sure why the insomnia set in

I didn't sleep well either but I put that down to fairly unusual sleeping pattern of the previous night.

I'm sleeping really badly lately. I'm wired, tired and anxious, but at least today I am starting a new project. I just have to hope that the anxiety will sit down at some point and the sleep will work itself out.

I slept very well. But that's what you get when you've only slept 3 hours the night before anyway.

Mmm the doctor gave me more drugs and my blood pressure is OK which is a MIRACLE

Plus he was quite HANDSOME :horny:. If there hadn't been a lady medical student present I'd have been finding a pretext to DROP MY DRAWERS. I wonder if I'd make a good DIRTY OLD MAN *buys fawn raincoat*

I have 2 days off but I worked over Christmas. Mandy went back today after 10 days off. She looked sad.

I slept very well. But that's what you get when you've only slept 3 hours the night before anyway.

I did almost the same run as you, got home at 8 yesterday, slept till 5 in the afternoon, three bouts of vomming (which I NEVER do) and then a pretty much disturbed sleep this night. I don't think a New Year's has ever wrecked me like that :zombie:

thank God I'm only doing an online course at the moment so I don't have to go anywhere

Last edited:
On the positive side, I do only have two full weeks at work between now and March. Hooray!

I got back to work to 77 unread emails. It was a joy to discover that 76 of them were instantly deletable and only 1 required me to do some work which took two minutes to complete. 2019 to continue this way please.

Reactions: Zu
I got back to work to 77 unread emails. It was a joy to discover that 76 of them were instantly deletable and only 1 required me to do some work which took two minutes to complete. 2019 to continue this way please.

867 and only four required any work! I was overjoyed!

I've kept on top of stuff over the break without doing too much so I'm in the position of waiting for people to get back into it. Seems like it was a good move.

It's amazing how many fewer e-mails I now get since I moved department. After a long weekend, I would habitually come back to 40 or 50 but now it's more like 10. If that.

We kicked off this morning's team call with everyone having to share their Christmas highlights.

I have already mentally killed everyone on my team.

COME ON EVERYBODY LET'S HAVE YOUR CHRISTMAS HIGHLIGHTS

Mine was NOT DYING IN A CAR CRASH

Reactions: Zu
"What did you do for new year?"
Went to bed.
"Hahaha, no really, what did you do?"
Nothing, I was in bed before 9.
pause
"How come?"
Well, it's not really New Year is it? The Winter Solstice was la-
"Bye!"

Works every time.

Oh FFS even the DOCTORS is sending me texts asking me whether I'd recommend them

Text 8 to this number for 'The DOCTOR was HOT but I didn't get to MOAN enough'

If there were 867 emails in my inbox I'd have put my coat back on and gone home again! Either that or ctrl-a and deleted the lot of them and denied I'd ever received them.

That, my dear Flops, is why you don't work for me :D

In other work related news, I've just been quoted in a "TRANSLATION INDUSTRY QUOTES OF THE YEAR" round up. I feel quite PROUD. What I said was a load of old SHITE, but still... :D

I had SEVEN emails :D The joys of refusing all responsibility and the company Christmas shutdown.

That, my dear Flops, is why you don't work for me :D

... apart from the fact I don't speak any other languages other than the most basic high-school french and german with a Boltonian accent and I live about 250 miles away. You'd be lucky to have my organisational skills and my Turkish swearwords!

In other news, my washing machine has been delivered and they happily brought it up all the 5 flights of stairs without complaint.

THANKS CURRYS

... apart from the fact I don't speak any other languages other than the most basic high-school french and german with a Boltonian accent and I live about 250 miles away. You'd be lucky to have my organisational skills and my Turkish swearwords!

Oh we do have non speakers here in various roles! Just not the translation ones. And even then, if we're desperate... :D

Mr. Slave always puts on his out of office "I am currently on annual leave. If your e-mail is urgent, please contact X or send it to me again when I am back in the office. All other e-mails received during this time will be deleted"

It never ceases to RUFFLE A FEW FEATHERS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom