What Are You Watching? 2024

Vigil is a SLOG

At least Rose Leslie has more to do this time.

The first episode of Mr Bates vs the Post Office was such a harrowing and frustrating watch. How the HELL did people let this happen? The justice sentence in the UK is an absolute joke. The INJUSTICE of it all. :argh:

The first episode of Mr Bates vs the Post Office was such a harrowing and frustrating watch. How the HELL did people let this happen? The justice sentence in the UK is an absolute joke. The INJUSTICE of it all. :argh:
I've been following this since the news broke years a go now and it's so frustrating! No one from Fujitsu has still been held accountable for it. The notion that computers can't do wrong (even though programmed by humans) is scary!

I've been following this since the news broke years a go now and it's so frustrating! No one from Fujitsu has still been held accountable for it. The notion that computers can't do wrong (even though programmed by humans) is scary!

people who run post offices are generally looked on as pillars of the community. It almost makes it worse that these caring, hard working people had to go through this and some sent to jail through no fault of their own. This started in the early 00’s and they are still fighting to clear their names, and unfortunately some didn’t make it to see their name cleared.:(

The whole series of Mr Bates vs The Post Office available on ITVX when I go on their website, but is not present when I go on to the app on my sky Q box? Any ideas?

The whole series of Mr Bates vs The Post Office available on ITVX when I go on their website, but is not present when I go on to the app on my sky Q box? Any ideas?
Can you get to it through On Demand > Channels > STV Player?

I find the Post Office story so awful and utterly scandalous. It makes me feel awful hearing anything about it.

I find the Post Office story so awful and utterly scandalous. It makes me feel awful hearing anything about it.
It’s kind of the reason I didn’t watch to watch it because it just makes me sick but I’ve decided I have to watch it. Everything is just so WTF? The Post Office can bring their own criminal proceedings? Eh!?

Binged every episode of Mr. Bates last night then got so angry I couldn’t sleep. I felt some parts were rushed but I guess it had to be - there was so much to tell over such a long time and you could tell so many different parts to it all if you wanted (bits that weren’t shown). It really put a human element onto a story I thought I already knew. Wonderfully acted throughout.

Glad to see Fujitsu got proper dragged - name and logo repeatedly mentioned and shown.

Reactions: COB
Amanda and Alans Italian Job. I loved the first season of this and am over the moon it is back for a second series. Such easy entertaining watching.

Serial killer podcast high jinks in Based On A True Story. I wasn't completely hooked by the longer first episode but two and three were much more like it. Kaley Cuoco and Messina are great together, and it is always nice to see Tom Bateman.

I was going to start the new Harlan Coban on Netflix with Michelle Keegan 'Fool Me Once' - BUT I have bought the book and wanted to read that first, and then some twat on facebook posted the ending in his status. I will still read and watch but not with the same keenness :evil:

I’ve just finished episode 3 of Fool Me Once - not sure of the sleuthing kids and it’s a bit fun for Europe but I’ll stick with it as I want to know what’s going on now :D

I wonder who decided it was a good idea for Nadhim Zahawi to play himself in Mr Bates...

I'm a couple into Truelove on C4 and the cast is great, especially Lindsay Duncan, but I'm not completely sold yet.

Still very entertained by The Tourist.

I finished Mr Bates v the Post Office today and thought it was REALLY well done. The story would grip whatever, but the performances were so strong. Monica Dolan to get her second BAFTA, please. For playing the opposite of Rose West (her first), too.

Also, the absolute WTFery of Nadhim Zahawi PLAYING HIMSELF?

And I'm two episodes into The Tourist and having a grand old time. Jamie Dornan being fit sort of made me forget how damn good he is, in this role at least. Just effortlessly funny and likeable.

Nothing says a January Sunday evening like Call The Midwife.

Pleased they have some newcomers joining the cast. Shame they couldn't have lost Turner Jr somewhere.

And I'm two episodes into The Tourist and having a grand old time. Jamie Dornan being fit sort of made me forget how damn good he is, in this role at least. Just effortlessly funny and likeable.

Yes I am on episode 3 of The Tourist tonight, I wasn't sure after the first episode, wasn't getting into it like S1 but after episode 2 i am back on track.

Nothing says a January Sunday evening like Call The Midwife.

Pleased they have some newcomers joining the cast. Shame they couldn't have lost Turner Jr somewhere.

I'm assuming Dr Turner, the worst actor on British television, is still in it? (Because he's married to the writer :DAF:)

The real Mr and Mrs Bates were on This Morning earlier -

(They don't seem very nice tbh but they HAVE BEEN THROUGH A LOT)

I watched the first episode of the new SILENT WITNESS series this evening, not really watched it much before, was quite good and compelling

Finished Fool Me Once. Too long, mediocre acting, 300 characters that make no sense and none stop twists for the sake of none stop twists. I didn’t really see any hype apart from Gen-Z’er telling me it was amazing. What was the hype for specifically?

@dUb I watched Kin and absolutely LOVED it. Are we really not getting another season until 2025?

@dUb I watched Kin and absolutely LOVED it. Are we really not getting another season until 2025?
Oh great!! Season 2 as well? I think it was better than the first

Yeah it'll be next year at least I think, haven't heard anything about filming. There are money issues with the production company and RTE itself as well, but I think it's too big a deal (here at least) to not continue with it

Last edited:
Oh great!! Season 2 as well? I think it was better than the first

Yeah it'll be next year at least I think, haven't heard anything about filming. There are other money issues with the production company and RTE itself as well, but I think it's too big a deal (here at least) to not continue with it

Yes I watched both seasons and agree season 2 was even grittier than the first. I LOVE Amanda, and what a horrible old prick Bren is. I don’t think I could stand 15 seconds in the same room as him. He was INFURIATING.

I did read that it will be 2025 at the earliest which is gutting as was hoping to finish season 2 and jump right in to season 3 but as long as they do continue to make another season it will be something to look forward to next year.

Reactions: dUb
Finished Fool Me Once. Too long, mediocre acting, 300 characters that make no sense and none stop twists for the sake of none stop twists. I didn’t really see any hype apart from Gen-Z’er telling me it was amazing. What was the hype for specifically?
I’m halfway through and feel like giving up at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom