What Are You Watching? 2024

Hazbin Hotel on Amazon Prime.

Musical comedy set in an overpopulated Hell where the Princess of Hell opens a hotel to rehabilitate demons in order to send them to heaven. The pilot was created in 2019 and the series debuted earlier last month.

With lightning speed, I am now up to series 9 of Four In A Bed. There's already been a raw sausage controversy, so it's all happening with this bunch.

I binged all of The Floor (new quiz hosted by Rob Lowe)

Really good fun

All the episodes are on YouTube

The ending of Too Good To Be True was a load of old TOSH, what a complete non story

I also watched The Drowning with Jill Halfpenny which was better but still another stupid ill thought out ending

Things You Should Have Done on iPlayer really fucking tickled me.

Written and starring Chi with a C.

Last edited:
The finale of the first series of The Dry was incredible. I will probably still wait for the second run to be on linear tv though rather than mess with ITVX.

I just finished the second series of Kin last week. So good, and the last episode was very satisfying. Still some loose ends though, I can't see anything on a third series being confirmed yet.

Accused: The Hampstead Paedophile Hoax... online insanity.

Also finished Our Flag Means Death. I thought it really found its groove in the second season. Sad that it has ended but I do think it was left in a reasonably satisfying place.

I've been neglecting this thread. Recently I HAVE BEEN WATCHING:

One Day on Netflix. Loved it! Delightful, and not just for basic straights. Better than both the book and the film. I found it so watchable, and the leads were perfectly cast.

Masters of the Air on Apple TV+. Also loved this, albeit it went from being something properly special to 'just quite good' by the end. It's very American and very sincere/Spielberg-y, but in a way that swept me along, and the cast and stories were top notch. A bit odd that it's basically 80% british actors pretending to be Americans, but they were great. Oh and the production values were REALLY QUITE SOMETHING.

Fellow Travellers on Paramount+. I had a half price Paramount Plus trial for 3 months, and staggered my way through six episodes of this series across the whole of this time, and cancelled before I could finish / have to pay full whack for a month. It should have been right up my street, but I found it flat and uninvolving. I should have just watched via caps of Bomer and Bailey's arses on LPSG

Now I'm watching Mary and George on Now, and Once Upon A Time In Belfast on iPlayer. Both great so far, and I'm finally getting my head around The Troubles thanks to the latter.

Enjoying the return of the ever fabulous Interior Design Masters with Alan Carr with some ā€œright charactersā€ this year including the woman who dresses like a clown and the man who dresses like a victorian Scottish sailor whoā€™s ended up in France. Fun for Europe indeed. Liked the first evictee who hadnā€™t found her ā€œsignature styleā€ and nor a colour chart by the looks of it.

Passenger was good last night - shitty things happen to plucky northerners.

Enjoying the return of the ever fabulous Interior Design Masters with Alan Carr with some ā€œright charactersā€ this year including the woman who dresses like a clown and the man who dresses like a victorian Scottish sailor whoā€™s ended up in France. Fun for Europe indeed. Liked the first evictee who hadnā€™t found her ā€œsignature styleā€ and nor a colour chart by the looks of it.

Passenger was good last night - shitty things happen to plucky northerners.

LOVE IDM

The right one definitely went week one. Useless

I've just got a six month trial of Paramount+ through Sky. Apart from Fellow Travellers there wasn't a whole lot that jumped out at me from a quick browse last night.

I've watched three episodes each of Shogun and Extraordinary on Disney. Both very good so far.

Just watching the first episode of Passenger. More creepy than I expected. Really good cast, and already spotted a couple of ex-Hollyoaks and a Call The Midwife nun who went to recuperate at the mother house or something a couple of series ago.

Just watching the first episode of Passenger. More creepy than I expected. Really good cast, and already spotted a couple of ex-Hollyoaks and a Call The Midwife nun who went to recuperate at the mother house or something a couple of series ago.

I lost track of Passenger in the second episode, was confusing and then lost focus. Is it worth sticking with?

Natalie Cassidy and Stacey out of Gavin and Stacey's TV review podcast covered it this week and -

Four In The Bed s10e47. Almost done with this series, but it's still a decade ago. I must say, I think I'd do both the Italian father and son duo even with those terrible eyebrows.

I lost track of Passenger in the second episode, was confusing and then lost focus. Is it worth sticking with?

I've only seen the first two, that was all Sky had up for download. I liked the second episode, it feels very self aware but I don't mind that. References to both Vera and Broadchurch in one episode though :D

Finishing off Extraordinary. The woman whose power is only that she can control people with the same name as her :disco:

Who thinks this stuff up? :D

Burned through four episodes of Big Mood. It isn't without clunky moments but Nicola Coughlan just eats it up.

I thought this got better and better over the series. Chi and Lucas are such a dynamic duo. Also loved Karen's very aggressive talent show turn with featured artiste Chi.

Spanish TV show ā€˜Expressā€™ starring Maggie Civantos (of Locked Up / Vis a Vis fame :disco: ) as criminal psychologist BĆ”rbara and her family after she becomes the victim of one of the newest, virally spreading forms of violent crime, the express kidnapping.

I've just watched this, where a panel of 30 autistic, neurodivergent and/or disabled people all interview one celebrity in a no-holds-barred way. Based on a French format, and it is fucking brilliant. Lovely and unpredictable and I think manages to avoid feeling worthy or patronising:

I hope it goes to series. I reckon there'd be enough good names willing to risk the awkward questions for the profile bounce.

Passenger lost me a bit in the last episode. The ending might have been acceptable if I had confidence that a second series will be commissioned but I have severe doubts about that.

Passenger lost me a bit in the last episode. The ending might have been acceptable if I had confidence that a second series will be commissioned but I have severe doubts about that.
Yeah Iā€™m really annoyed with that ending. You canā€™t end a series on a cliffhanger like that. Was anything really answered?

The Cuckoo which is a 4 parter on C5 all this week. Its watchable in a old fashioned kind of 80's thriller kind of way - reminds me of Hand that rocks the Cradle

The Cuckoo which is a 4 parter on C5 all this week. Its watchable in a old fashioned kind of 80's thriller kind of way - reminds me of Hand that rocks the Cradle

Just watched the end! I did kinda enjoy bits in the last episode but it's still the same old thing with channel 5 dramas where it never gets that rich ending. The first 3 episodes did proper drag on for me

I do quite like Jill Halfpenny though, not a bad actress at all and I liked her in Eastenders back in the day

Also she hasn't aged much? What's her secret

She does look good, but she's only 48 and I did think because she's been around for so long that she would be mid 50's so I guess that works for her...I think she was playing someone very early 40's in this though.

Baby Reindeer on Netflix. Very good over all. Really fascinating and gripping/mundanely terrifying in lots of places, and I loved how it covered things like sexual assault and sexuality.

By the end I did feel that a few edits and perhaps being 6 eps instead of 7 would have made it even stronger, but this is a relatively minor quibble.

Sent from my iPhone

Has anyone watched Ripley on Netflix? I think I'm tapping out after ep 1. Fine but not particularly engaging, and why on earth would you take something with incredible production values and a stunning 60s Italy setting and FILM IT IN DREARY BLACK AND WHITE? Grow up. You're not being arty, you're just making it look needlessly shit

Also, Andrew Scott is too old (and dare I say it, unappealing) to be Tom Ripley. Apologies to the weird women of the internet who fetishise him

Baby Reindeer on Netflix. Very good over all. Really fascinating and gripping/mundanely terrifying in lots of places, and I loved how it covered things like sexual assault and sexuality.

By the end I did feel that a few edits and perhaps being 6 eps instead of 7 would have made it even stronger, but this is a relatively minor quibble.

Sent from my iPhone
This was so stressful

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom