What Are You Watching? 2024

I agree on Ripley. Love the film and very generously inclined towards Andrew Scott after All Of Us Strangers, but Christ it’s dull and he really is distractingly too old for the part.

I’ve been watching a Netflix crime series called CAPITANI, which is apparently the first ever hit TV series from LUXEMBOURG, which I can well believe.

It’s novel seeing a show set in such an obscure country, but the plot is very trope-y and relies on the frankly ludicrous contrivance that one twin could pose as her sibling in a town they’ve both spent their entire lives in and nobody (including their FATHER!) would twig :D

Finished S2 of Extraordinary. Great fun, and the cast is wonderful.

Only one episode left of Shogun. So good. All the awards to Anna Sawai for Mariko-sama.

It took me a while to adjust to Renegade Nell skewing younger than I expected and Nick Mohammed grated as the fairy/sprite thing. Otherwise, Harland is a tremendous lead and Joely Richardson does a great guest turn.

I wasn't feeling like gay gloom, so rather than Fellow Travellers I am watching Ewan McGregor in A Gentleman In Moscow in order to make some use of my free Paramount+ subscription. Not a great deal is happening but it all looks very nice and is enjoyable enough.

I tried Dinosaur, the new BBC3 sitcom about an autistic woman struggling to adjust when her sister suddenly gets engaged, but it felt a bit of a miss.

Oh and Alan Carr's Changing Ends finally escaped ITVX so watching that at terrestrial pace. The first episode was comfortable viewing and some eighties nostalgia never goes amiss.

Finished S2 of Extraordinary. Great fun, and the cast is wonderful.

Only one episode left of Shogun. So good. All the awards to Anna Sawai for Mariko-sama.

It took me a while to adjust to Renegade Nell skewing younger than I expected and Nick Mohammed grated as the fairy/sprite thing. Otherwise, Harland is a tremendous lead and Joely Richardson does a great guest turn.

I wasn't feeling like gay gloom, so rather than Fellow Travellers I am watching Ewan McGregor in A Gentleman In Moscow in order to make some use of my free Paramount+ subscription. Not a great deal is happening but it all looks very nice and is enjoyable enough.

I tried Dinosaur, the new BBC3 sitcom about an autistic woman struggling to adjust when her sister suddenly gets engaged, but it felt a bit of a miss.

Oh and Alan Carr's Changing Ends finally escaped ITVX so watching that at terrestrial pace. The first episode was comfortable viewing and some eighties nostalgia never goes amiss.
Changing Ends was a JOY

Things You Should Have Done on iPlayer really fucking tickled me.

Written and starring Chi with a C.

I thought this got better and better over the series. Chi and Lucas are such a dynamic duo. Also loved Karen's very aggressive talent show turn with featured artiste Chi.

I LOVE THIS. Nearly didn't both continuing after ep 1, but - once I got my head round it - it has truly blossomed.

Up yours, Joanna Page

The first couple of episodes of the new series of Blue Lights are again very good. The sudden shifts from the mundane to high tension are very effective. Also the new cop is, as they say, a ride.

Watching the first episode of BGT and this was a moment.

What a fantastic version of Tomorrow!

I've only seen the headlines previously. No idea if the experience really is 'extensive', or if she's someone who has happened to have appeared in the odd show in a supporting role, which I don't think should exclude her.

I would agree. I don’t think she should be excluded if she has some previous singing experience. The article said that she has sang on cruise ships and done a touring production I think, so it doesn’t look like she has done anything extensive in the industry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom