Worst Places to Live + derelict buildings + other fascinating urban architecture + brutalism

I'm very fond of the Zizkov Television Tower in Prague, largely on account of the creepy baby statues crawling on it.

b19db6d10017fe38d401e776af917153.jpg

150px-Praha%2C_%C5%BDi%C5%BEkovsk%C3%BD_vys%C3%ADla%C4%8D%2C_detail_01.jpg

And also the rerouting of the 388 to London Bridge can go swing. I LIKED it when it went to Blackfriars and Elephant and Castle!

I wonder if the meatballs were made from creepy babies?

Oh I’ve just played the video and it’s ABANDONED. GUESS NOT THEN.

Someone very naughty obviously didn’t watch it all the way through because it’s only the bottom four floors which are abandoned :side-eye:

If we're going international, the place I want to visit most in the world is Kowloon Walled City. Slight snag being that the bastards tore it down in 1994. THANKS OBAMA.

54d3d8a6eab8ea4a48e342ed
Looks like somewhere I could just about afford to live actually.

Someone very naughty obviously didn’t watch it all the way through because it’s only the bottom four floors which are abandoned :side-eye:
It’s Festival Di Soldi season (sign up WHORE!) I don’t have time to check every floor of a semi-abandoned tower block in Chisinau.

@COB Do you have any more GLASGOW GRIMSVILLE to share? (Admittedly the irresistible abattoir chic of Joanna Dee’s stunning nitespot will take some beating but I just want more more more) :disco:

I bet there’s some right abject horror in Aberdeen and Dundee (which our Scottish loungers should of course take as the highest compliment :disco:)

Less on the SCHEME PUBS side of things, but the Livingstone Tower (part of Strathclyde University) is quite the sight to behold
mccancebuilding2.jpg

Quite the cottaging hotspot too, according to my ex who went there :o

Reactions: Zu
My parents lived in this building years before I was born, apparently :o
You've been on here the same 10 years as I have and in the last month I've learnt that you have connections to Clapham and now SOUTH EFRIKA! What other exotic worldly ties do you have? I always assumed you were just GLASGOW

Reactions: COB
As much as I love me some concrete, I have always truly hated this former council block (Keeling House), which is just off Hackney Road. They’ve now refurbished it - it’s Grade II listed for some inexplicable reason - but quite honestly I wish they’d just bulldozed it when they had the chance. There’s just something about it...

a615372bddcde2ff520599855a70d9b2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You've been on here the same 10 years as I have and in the last month I've learnt that you have connections to Clapham and now SOUTH EFRIKA! What other exotic worldly ties do you have? I always assumed you were just GLASGOW
What can I say, we moved around a lot (it was Chiswick not Clapham though - I mean honestly!). My parents lived in Germany then South Africa (and my brother was born there :o), but it was only for a year or two in the early eighties and they never talked about any of the unpleasantness as mother once put it :eyes:

I also love a flat roofed pub built into a council estate: ever so handy. This one isn’t very far from me and is STILL OPEN! Also, just look at that lovely font :disco:

OMG trust you to be a Bethnal Green lady

All the development in E&C in the past 10 years really is truth that you can't POLISH A TURD. I'm not quite sure what lunatics were paying 700k for 1 bed flats round there, only to find out the ROCKINGHAM ARMS is your local.
Oh darling who goes to a LOCAL? It's LONDON! Take a night bus for forty minutes to somewhere glamorous in Zone 2 near one of your other friends like everyone else :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom