ZAYN - Vibez & Nobody is Listening + DROPPED

the song is... quite good. but he's using such a narrow part of his range on both of these tracks. I want that FALSETTO for the CHILLS (#chillz).

OK so the album seems to be largely samey and zzz (haven't/won't play in full) but god Sweat is fantastic

how was this NOT THE SINGLE? @funky will be hot for this I'm sure

@Jark on the money - Sweat is amazing and so is the duet with Syd (but I mean it’s Syd and can do no wrong in my eyes)

Need to give the album a proper listen but they are the immediate standouts

I adore the first album and agree with the consensus on the 2nd album - not sure I ever listened to it all, but I like the singles from this one so far.

And yeah.... so fricking hot.

And also Rearview is the best song he ever did.

Sweat and Unfuckwithable ( :manson: ) are amazing songs. He (as in his team) really knows how to pick up producers that work wonders for his voice.

Sweat is better but the song that they pushed on New Music Friday this week was not good.

This is dreadful and it's very obvious that he's got drug issues. So sad.

Funnily enough and I'm not sure what it was but that's all I could think about when I was watching the video too.

Sweat is better but the song that they pushed on New Music Friday this week was not good.

Agreed. The album as a whole is not great but I'm keeping those 2 songs which are actually really good. Better than nothing I suppose but he's capable of so much more.

This is dreadful and it's very obvious that he's got drug issues. So sad.
there were rumours years back (around the time he left the group if memory serves) that he had major addiction issues, but unverified from what I can tell. what makes you say this?

Pitchfork (5.6) dragged this to hell and back :D

choice excerpts:

These are billed as confessional songs, supposed windows into his breakup and reunion with Gigi Hadid, but Zayn’s plodding self-seriousness contaminates any sense of closeness. He agonizes over whether to keep his dog after a split, wailing that “when I look at him, I think of you”; he marvels that his “connexion” with a lover can be “digital, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, but physical, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh.”

“We are who we are when we’re alone,” he hums on “Tightrope,” between trickles of guitar and accounts of wrapping his legs around someone’s torso. His words slosh together on “Windowsill,” an indistinct slush of vowels over hazy synths and bass. Then the British rapper Devlin barrels in and punctures the song’s trance, sputtering about Satan and mimicking Zayn’s ridiculous phrases.

He remains desperate to remind you that he has sex, eager to insist that he smokes—well-trodden themes in Zayn’s solo music. But he’s never sounded like this much of an amateur, the shimmer and sheen of his earlier music reduced to the rumpled nonchalance of another stoned guy who thinks he can rap.
ouch! the whole thing is afforded exactly 5 paragraphs, which is practically a blurb by Pitchfork standards. and both author and several other staff writers have had to block their Twitter accounts due to abuse from the (apparently still active, but not buying Zayn's record) 1D stans. :D

I used to think he was the most beautiful man alive, but whatever he's been smoking recently has really caused him to absolutely LOSE IT!
I mean I obvs still would, but these days are LONG GONE now

zayn-malik-red-carpet-pic.jpg

tumblr_nn3whmE2Zn1sx9d42o1_500.png

The album is actually quite shit but "Sweat" is one of the best songs of the year already. So who knows where his head is.

The album is actually quite shit but "Sweat" is one of the best songs of the year already. So who knows where his head is.

have you given Unfuckwithable a chance? Despite the mansonable title, it's pretty good!

I haven’t paid much attention to this album (though it sounds like I should go listen to Sweat). Has anyone listened to THEY.? I’ve been listening to their album on repeat, it’s very much what Zayn should be doing.

I haven’t paid much attention to this album (though it sounds like I should go listen to Sweat). Has anyone listened to THEY.? I’ve been listening to their album on repeat, it’s very much what Zayn should be doing.

I’m intrigued... where should I start @Beryl as I’m not familiar with them...

I’m intrigued... where should I start @Beryl as I’m not familiar with them...
On and On
Mood Swings
Play Fight

Honestly just the whole of the most recent album, The Amanda Tape, I’m listening to it most nights atm

Zayn has split with Gigi. He's also pleaded no contest to charges of hitting Yolanda Hadid (!)

messy story - he's denied striking her in a statement to TMZ and accused her of lying about it, but says things got heated when she entered their apartment without permission.

isn't pleading no contest an admission of guilt though? or is he just trying to avoid a court case?

Happy Birthday to my lazy ass, unapologetically unproductive King.

30 years already, where does the time go? :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom