22 dead at Manchester Arena Ariana Grande concert bombing

Apparently the bomber was a Uni student. Not wanting to make any big assumptions, but having been on and off a campus for the last 3 years you do get a sense something like that could happen within the confines of a Uni.

Lucian Piane is currently abusing Ariana Grande on Twitter and Instagram.

Lucian Piane is currently abusing Ariana Grande on Twitter and Instagram.

I know we've had outbursts from him before, but watching his latest Instagram videos you see someone genuinely in the depths of insanity. It gives me the creeps and I can't believe he hasn't been sectioned or something

I hate this. I hate how obviously horrible the attack was, I hate the thought that someone could either be so troubled or so brainwashed that they could carry that out, and I hate that people I know are becoming more extreme in their own views as a result.

It just feels like we're gearing closer and closer to something really really bad, and to a world where us-versus-them and othering are the norm.

Rich for Lucian to say Ariana Grande is into some 'dark shit' when he's the one posting videos like that.

WTF... He has gone completely now hasn't he. Each time he's brought up on here I look again and he's a bit worse than the last time...

My poor friend Martyn has been found dead.

I came here to ask for help but received a call as I typed.

It fells like a dream. This can't be real?!

I really have no words. I'm so sorry Jill. All day I've been walking around in a daze. I can't begin to imagine how you and those who know people who have been affected are feeling.

Good Heavens. I'm so sorry to hear that JT. Our thoughts are with you and his family.

Oh Jill, how terrible. I've been following the updates on Martyn on Twitter all day. It was clear he was loved so much by so many.

So sorry to read this, I had followed him on Twitter for years and would go out of my way to check his timeline. He was hilarious and obviously loved by many. Just tragic.

It's horrifying beyond words Jill. I hope you're able to find some comfort in your friends, and when you're ready be able to celebrate his life. So sorry for you, his friends and family.

Oh Jill, I'm so sorry to hear that. Even people I knew outside of here were tweeting about him yesterday. He was clearly very popular. How awful for you and his friends and family. Devastating.

That is really devastating to hear, JT. I was reading all about him today on Twitter. He sounded like a QoL and that has to be celebrated... Deirdre Barlow tattoo on his leg and all. :disco:

Thoughts with you and his loved ones, of course.

Terrible news, I'm sorry to hear that JT.

I weirdly crossed paths with him when I was about 16 and first got the internet, we chatted on Faceparty. Before I'd heard the phrase, he really was a QoL even then.

I weirdly crossed paths with him when I was about 16 and first got the internet, we chatted on Faceparty. Before I'd heard the phrase, he really was a QoL even then.

Looking at his followers and general range of interests, i've pretty much no doubt he used to frequent Lowculture as many current Moopists did back in the day also. :(

My condolences JT. All this loss just seems surreal. But god forbid it stops being surreal and a fact of life

I have to be honest, I'm just really fucking scared at the moment. Probably more than I ever have been.

The raising of the threat level to critical in some respects has always felt somewhat inevitable - it's been severe for so long I guess you become complacent, but this really feels like we're just sitting, waiting for something else to happen.

Sorry to be so negative, and JT I'm so so sorry also.

This all just feels so wrong and so scary. It feels like the start of some sort of post-apocalyptic TV series.

Jill I'm so sorry to hear that. From the bits I've read about him he looked great fun and I'm confident I've seen his tattoo before.

Sorry to hear that Jill. I was following the search on twitter too yesterday. He certainly was very much loved

Awe no. I had another friend looking for him too on FB. I was hoping for a happier outcome for you both.

Oh jill :( I'm so unbelievably sorry for yours, and everyone else's loss.

Thinking of you. This attack is absolutely appalling. xx

Looks like someone from my work has also been found dead.

Only spoke very fleetingly, but it just makes it all the more real.

So sorry Jill. He seemed like an absolute force of nature, hilarious and loved by many. I was just looking at photos of his incredible Eurovision parties recently, and was reading about his excitement to be in the Wendy Williams audience on his American trip which was meant to start yesterday.

I read a tweet of his about the concert just before going to sleep on Monday. Unfathomable.

So sorry Jill. He seemed like an absolute force of nature, hilarious and loved by many. I was just looking at photos of his incredible Eurovision parties recently, and was reading about his excitement to be in the Wendy Williams audience on his American trip which was meant to start yesterday.

I read a tweet of his about the concert just before going to sleep on Monday. Unfathomable.
His final tweets are heart breaking.

This triggering a lot of unpleasant memories.

Apparently the bomber was a Uni student. Not wanting to make any big assumptions, but having been on and off a campus for the last 3 years you do get a sense something like that could happen within the confines of a Uni.

Can you elaborate on that a bit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom