AH AH AH
Pronouns
He/Him
She played Cordelia in Joss Whedon's Buffy and Angel FYI

Et4NyO7XUAEZQJ3

Et4NyQ5XIAAB4GQ

Last edited:
She was the fabulous Cordelia in Buffy & Angel

Poor Charisma :( There were rumours about something happening between them for years, the way her character was treated in season three and (particularly) four of Angel was just BIZARRE and only really makes sense with the knowledge she was being pushed out.

Reactions: dUb
I have to say, I'd never heard any rumours about Whedon being a tyrant so this came out of the blue. Sounds like a horrible environment to have worked in, I wonder if anyone else will come forward?

Emma Caulfield has commented with hearts...

The way Cordelia's character was written during and after Charisma's pregnancy was a disgrace

Reactions: COB
I love her on Instagram, she's fabulous. Terrible news but glad she has spoken out.

I kinda referenced this in the cancellation thread. James Cameron sprung into my head.
David Oā€™Russell too, particularly after that Lily Tomlin video and that leaked nearly 15 years ago. It is what it is though. Itā€™s not illegal to be an arsehole, but then Iā€™m not particularly sensitive.
Proud to be the only member of a certain team at work whose manager has not made them cry.

Part of the issue with Whedon in particular is that he made his career on being this male feminist icon, and was often very outspoken on feminist issues in his work, so for it to come out that he was treating his female stars like shit (and was also having potentially inappropriate workplace affairs with several of them, if you believe his ex-wife) makes it all look a bit hypocritical and performative.

I honestly thought he was gay, dunno why. Not that that prevents someone being abusive to women obviously. This is nasty shit.

i hope he is banished. I knew even as a child, a fan of Buffy ā€” in the nineties that he was bad news.

I have to say, I'd never heard any rumours about Whedon being a tyrant so this came out of the blue. Sounds like a horrible environment to have worked in, I wonder if anyone else will come forward?

I've picked up mumblings re: Whedon, I can't remember where and when but it was just stuff that trickled through the grapevine - also on some of his other shows. :(

Awful account and I've always had a big soft spot for Cordelia/Charisma.

Last edited:
i hope he is banished. I knew even as a child, a fan of Buffy ā€” in the nineties that he was bad news.

He pretty much got chucked from the latest project he was working on (another female led super hero type show). I think this should be the final nail in his career.

There was this whole thing with Ray Fisher who played Cyborg that came out last year but he was vague and it kinda went nowhere.

The "not that bothered really tbh" tone!

Perhaps at long last an answer to why Anya met the pointless fate she did.
I think she's commented in the relatively recent past about being sidelined on the show! Let me see if I can find it

edit: no I can't but pretty sure

It feels like most of the female cast are commenting on this now:

big yikes

I am revelling in the drama a bit but trying to remember the real pain and damage at the heart of it

I'm surprised Ryan Murphy didn't get any flack for being WEIRD and MEAN to his mostly teenage (well, pretending to be teenage) cast on Glee.

Lea Michele seemed to sap up all the bad press like a sponge.

(She played one of the big villains, Glory)

I'm surprised Ryan Murphy didn't get any flack for being WEIRD and MEAN to his mostly teenage (well, pretending to be teenage) cast on Glee.

Lea Michele seemed to sap up all the bad press like a sponge.

Was he? I've never read anything really negative about him except for his childish feud with that band or artist that didn't want their song being used on Glee.

Was he? I've never read anything really negative about him except for his childish feud with that band or artist that didn't want their song being used on Glee.

I've read about him being CLIQUEY and acting like one of his bitchy cheerleader characters, although I wouldn't say I've read anything that suggests he was TERRIBLE.

I've read about him being CLIQUEY and acting like one of his bitchy cheerleader characters, although I wouldn't say I've read anything that suggests he was TERRIBLE.

Oh I don't doubt that for a second. He also mainly cast all the men he probably wanted to sleep with, which is also a bit weird. But I guess lots of straight directors do that as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom