Charisma Carpenter & Buffy cast on Joss Whedon's 'abuse'

She did that teen version of Dangerous Liaisons in which Ryan Phillipe awakened uncomfortable feelings in a generation of young gays, and the live action Scooby Doo film, and then I think got stuck as a scream queen.

It’s funny, there’s been so many rumblings in Hollywood for years about him being trash but nothing ever concrete.

His swift departure from the MCU was very telling.

Reactions: COB
Oh hang on I've read this Whedon's wiki recently. I recall the bizarre reference to womb envy.

Glad to see the rest of the cast rally around Charisma.

Just sad to think that it probably would have been very different, had she tried to open up about this 15 years ago.

(OT: Last weekend during the opening credits of S6E1, Mr Kate said "who's Tara?" He thought that she was called TERRA, because of how Americans pronounce it)

I’m quite shocked that this forum is having a discussion about who this cast are - for me Buffy was a very formative show growing up

Omg do you know what happens in the next episode you have coming up I'm so excited for you

The iconic/terrible RINGER!
Ringer was STRICTY AWFUL! I don't know if SMG was actually awake for the filming at any point but she ZOMBIED her way through that performance with not an OUNCE of camp. Revenge it was NOT.

On one hand it does seem weird how SMG never really broke through after Buffy, I honestly thought she'd end up with a decent film career - it doesn't especially seem like she gives a shit these days though, she seems happy to keep her head down and raise her family which is quite refreshing in some ways.

Reactions: GNL
I have ONLY seen the musical episode. I thought it was quite good and I don't especially care for Buffy or musicals.

If Tweets could be in a font, this would be in Comic Sans.
SMGellerBoyGeorge.jpg

I think it must have been really hard for SMG to have been seen as any other character than Buffy Summers. Even during Scream 2 I was screaming at the screen that CiCi should just deploy a high kick to defend herself; it was most unsatisfactory to see her go flying to her death off that balcony.

She had main roles in about three TV shows that didn't get past a first season. That'll put an end to pretty much anyone's career.
The Crazy Ones was really good! That being cancelled was apparently what drove Robin Williams to suicide.
He wasn't in it, he just really liked it.

SMG should have been a new scream queen. Scream 2, I Know What You Did Last Summer, The Grudge... all iconic.

This was my favourite post-Buffy SMG work. It was marketed as a schlocky horror and shoved out in the January dead zone, but it’s a really original and clever slow burn.

p87960_p_v10_aa.jpg

I saw The Grudge in a cinema in Winnersh Triangle and these two lads shouted “that was fooking shit” as soon as it ended, and although I did not care for their language I had to agree.

It was an absolute crime that they didn’t continue with the TV show.

Not us queers turning the mere mention of SMG in this awful situation into a topic celebrating her :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom