Cumgate: The Ineffable Survival of Dominic Cummings

Unfortunately I think the title of this thread is too optimistic.

Unless we have a general election he's not going anywhere...

I agree actually. I don’t think the slimy little git is going anywhere, even if there are more revelations to cone.

There’s one rule for them and one for the rest of us, despite all the claims of being in this together.

Last edited:
I sadly agree too. The likelihood is he 'quits' but nothing changes whatsoever. He's clearly pulling virtually all of the strings behind the scenes.

The worst thing about this is the timing. Bank holiday weekend, the weather in England is apparently set to be glorious. Because the government have essentially condoned this, all the muppets are just going to go "well, I'm just going to go and visit *my* (insert family member) in (insert town/city)". Second wave, here we come.

The worst thing about this is the timing. Bank holiday weekend, the weather in England is apparently set to be glorious. Because the government have essentially condoned this, all the muppets are just going to go "well, I'm just going to go and visit *my* (insert family member) in (insert town/city)". Second wave, here we come.

And why shouldn't they?

I don't think he'll go but its good ammo for the opposition. Boris can hide in fridges all he wants, at the next PMQs he'll get dissected by Keir.

In fact the longer he holds on the worse it is for them. So hang in there Dom!

61irQrNjgnL._AC_SY741_.jpg

If he doesn't go then it surely must reveal to the public at large what hypocritical, self-serving cunts the Tories have always been. Calderwood and Ferguson were both immediately hounded from their jobs for lesser offences.

Aren’t THEY JUST. My grandpa has had dementia for a few years now and there was no way we couldn’t not see him, he wouldn’t have coped without the normality of people going round and helping him out, albeit it was all done at a safe distance and none of us have been symptomatic. That said I’ve had to stop going over since I’ve started work. Have you still not managed to see him? :(

You're not in the UK right? The rules her have been crystal clear on this and thousands of people have been in the same boat as Ag has said. The vast majority of people have not broken the rules on this.

I mean, 5 years is a long time. Fire him now, bring him back for the next election seems like a very likely outcome.

I was really excited for PMQs this week, until I realised they're on recess. :(

By the way: I don't want him to go because it will bring about the collapse of the Tories (it won't). I want him to go because it's morally the right thing.

If he doesn't go then it surely must reveal to the public at large what hypocritical, self-serving cunts the Tories have always been. Calderwood and Ferguson were both immediately hounded from their jobs for lesser offences.
As if the average dummy who thinks Boris Johnson would be a sound guy to have a pint with cares who or what a Cummings is or how out of control his puppetmastery is. There's no outrage to stoke. People who vote Tory don't care.

As if the average dummy who thinks Boris Johnson would be a sound guy to have a pint with cares who or what a Cummings is or how out of control his puppetmastery is. There's no outrage to stoke. People who vote Tory don't care.

Exactly.

I took this to my mum the other day who was moaning about the journalists asking 'stupid questions' 'they need to just let the government do their job' 'they're doing the best that they can'.

I said to her:

'Mum. If this was Jeremy Corbyn in government you'd be the first to complain.'
'No... no I'm not one sided in politics'...'
'But Mum... am I right that you've voted Tory all your life?'
'Well yes, but we are a Tory family.'
'Er.... hate to break it to you mum... but none of me and my siblings vote Tory... so we're not a Tory family any more'.

But the point is: she will never change. They could do ANYTHING and she won't change. I don't even think she really knows why she votes them.

Last edited:
I think change will come when the alternative is more viable, rather than the Tories doing anything dreadful themselves- cognitive dissonance is too strong unfortunately. But I am thankful for Keir Starmer in that respect - he strikes exactly the right tone to cause that subtle shift of opinion

I think change will come when the alternative is more viable, rather than the Tories doing anything dreadful themselves- cognitive dissonance is too strong unfortunately. But I am thankful for Keir Starmer in that respect - he strikes exactly the right tone to cause that subtle shift of opinion

He definitely is an improvement in that regard.

If Corbyn was in charge now, I'm sure the fact that his brother was arrested at a 5G protest the other week would have been used as massive ammo to deflect from Cummings' behaviour, so let's all be thankful that the worst they have on Keir so far is that he bought his parents a couple of donkeys back in the 90s.

If Corbyn was in charge now, I'm sure the fact that his brother was arrested at a 5G protest the other week would have been used as massive ammo to deflect from Cummings' behaviour, so let's all be thankful that the worst they have on Keir so far is that he bought his parents a couple of donkeys back in the 90s.

If Corbyn was in charge now, no-one would give a shit about Cummings because he'd have been ditched as a failure. :D

I meant still in charge of the Labour party, not the ludicrous fantasy that he ever had a prospect of running the country.

Exactly.

I took this to my mum the other day who was moaning about the journalists asking 'stupid questions' 'they need to just let the government do their job' 'they're doing the best that they can'.

I said to her:

Mum. If this was Jeremy Corbyn in government you'd be the first to complain.'
'No... no I'm not one sided in politics'...'
'But Mum... am I right that you've voted Tory all your life?'
'Well yes, but we are a Tory family.'
'Er.... hate to break it to you mum... but none of me and my siblings vote Tory... so we're not a Tory family any more'.

But the point is: she will never change. They could do ANYTHING and she won't change. I don't even think she really knows why she votes them.
My Dad has stopped voting Tory after 50 years. Absolutely despises the current bunch. It's possible. Political allegiances have shifted. Brexit did that.

There seems to be a lot of cut-through with this story. It's on the front pages of all the papers (I know nobody reads the papers anymore but still...), is leading news bulletins, and is popping up on Facebook from people who are usually apolitical. Even some Tory MPs have broken rank to say 'he should go', and that's when most of the Tories with critical thinking skills packed their bags before the last election.

Sacking Cummings would be the way to go to save face from a PR perspective, but the Tory frontbench is so packed full of useful idiots and yes-men that I don't think they'd know what to do without a man to say yes to.

I have STILL seen people using Piers in their whataboutery! As if a grown man is responsible for his older brother :manson:

My Dad has stopped voting Tory after 50 years. Absolutely despises the current bunch. It's possible. Political allegiances have shifted. Brexit did that.

This helps give me hope.

Though my mum voted Brexit too...

It really is time for EVERYONE to move on from Jeremy fucking Corbyn.

To be clear - in my story, I said Jeremy Corbyn, but could have replaced that with any Labour leader, my mum would have criticised them...

This is why I stopped watching Bake Off when it moved off the BBC. I knew there was something off about her.

Reactions: Zu
Prue just cancelled herself.

Apparently her son is connected to the government.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom