Eastenders 2020

I’m fascinated by all the social distancing trickery in this. There were LOADS of cheats in tonight’s ep.

I must admit that's part of the reason why I'm loving it too. Spotting the obvious tricks. Like Chantelle's dad suddenly kissing a big BUSH of hair which I'm sure reappeared in her death episode.

Jokes aside they've done a really good job.

Last edited:
Martin and Ruby kissing behind a railing was both quite clever and utterly ridiculous in Friday's episode :D

The Denise storyline is interesting, though the premise so far is almost exactly what happened with Sonia when Bex was little - right down to the adoptive parents having a car crash and the grandmother playing a prominent role. Speaking of which, Mica Paris is very promising so far!

Also, two exits confirmed -
Jags Panesar will apparently bow out next month, and Kush Kazemi will leave next year but will apparently be on screen "well into 2021". He's not had much to do recently, but I'll miss him :(

Martin and Ruby kissing behind a railing was both quite clever and utterly ridiculous in Friday's episode :D

The Denise storyline is interesting, though the premise so far is almost exactly what happened with Sonia when Bex was little - right down to the adoptive parents having a car crash and the grandmother playing a prominent role. Speaking of which, Mica Paris is very promising so far!
Didn’t they say the adoptive father was 39? Mica Paris I supposed to be his mother and she’s 51.

It's Ian and Kathy all over again! I also found out today that Suki is only seven years older than Jags in real life :shock:

I think we have discussed this before, but what age is Kathy supposed to be in EE? 70?

That's a random one - I honestly thought he'd been killed off, but now that I think about it there was a brief storyline a few years ago where Denise visited him in prison wasn't there? It seems a bit early for him to be released, surely :o

That's a random one - I honestly thought he'd been killed off, but now that I think about it there was a brief storyline a few years ago where Denise visited him in prison wasn't there? It seems a bit early for him to be released, surely :o
Apparently, he’s revealed to be Phil’s half-brother, hence his return!

OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED TONIGHT

LUCAS IS BACK!

Wait. WHAT? Did he not get jailed for MULTIPLE MURDERS? I suppose he must ESCAPE from prison as surely they would never let him walk.

SURELY this means queen cokehead (for a week) CHELSEA FOX is due a glittering return :disco:

How Denise has TWO YOUNG DAUGHTERS who don't ever call or visit, not even at CHRISTMAS I really do not understand. Recast them AT LEAST!

SURELY this means queen cokehead (for a week) CHELSEA FOX is due a glittering return :disco:

How Denise has TWO YOUNG DAUGHTERS who don't ever call or visit, not even at CHRISTMAS I really do not understand. Recast them AT LEAST!

Well Libby is too busy on Holby City saving lives

To be fair they were quite good at having Libby drop in for a couple of episodes at a time every year or two after she left, but they haven't done it for a while - I think the last time was just before Denise's pregnancy storyline, so about four years ago now? Chelsea never returning has always felt like a missed opportunity to me, so they should definitely recast her if the original actress doesn't want to come back.

Bianca doesn’t seem to be coming back anymore. Patsy Palmer said she was back in the UK to do another cameo before lockdown but when the country got put in to lockdown it was SHELVED. :o

Did I hear that right? Mick was 12 when Frankie was born?:confused:
I think so yeah, or he was twelve when her mum became pregnant with her. If Frankie never thought her mum was particularly young then I can only assume her mum was a good couple of years older, and so Mick was abused by her? Also this means that Frankie is several years older than Lee, which I'm not sure I buy...

I did see some speculation that they were originally going to do this Mick storyline with a new character as the daughter, then they decided to make it Frankie after her part in Ben's hearing loss storyline got reduced due to lockdown.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ev...ually-abused-as-a-child-in-new-storyline/amp/

I'm sure i read it was because Mick was abused by his carer (Frankie's mum). She would be his eldest child

Although I have to say I hate it when soaps just throw out a random storyline from nowhere.

Mick’s kids are all in their mid-20s and the actor who plays Frankie I think is 30 so it adds up.

Also the actor they’ve brought in to play Frankie’s mum is in her early 50s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom