Fruit and Vegetables

I usually buy watermelon by the quarter from a greengrocer. There's something very satisfying about slicing watermelon for some reason. Probably because I've got a lovely fuck off big knife I don't use for much else.
You know JUST when you slice it if it' going to be a good one!

Omg that one time I sliced one and it turned out YELLOW, first time I'd ever come across one of those my entire life. I had to pause for 5 seconds and then had to google the stuff.

I love avocados. The problem is that they seem to have a window of about five minutes when they are at their best.

AGOG we’re already on 7 pages of veg chat. It says a lot about the moopy demographic that this inspired more spirited debate than the SEX CLUBS topic.

Between Pages 2 and 6 I had already walked down to the supermarket and raided the FROZEN ISLE :D

Avocado STONES can also be very unforgiving. Some of them are bigger than the rest of the fruit.

I do buy pineapple preprepared, largely because I always feel like I am throwing far too much away if I do it myself.

I love preparing mango, though.

I had a mango STONER for some reason a few years ago. Never used it once.

I’m not THAT fond of fresh mango. It’s alright, but I don’t get excited- bit too perfumey for me. Oddly, I have my annual attempt at loving it in my fridge as we speak, though...

I think the Middle East's official national fruit is DATES though. They have so many functions. Not in my Top 10 though.

I like physalis. Reminds me of gooseberries which my parents used to grow when I was wee but I’ve barely seen any since.

You’re right! What HAS happened to gooseberries? It’s been years since I’ve spotted a pot of gooseberry FOOL nestling amongst the Müllers.

As for blueberries, I actually prefer the rubbish big American kind over the antioxidant rich Scandinavian ones that grow in the wild

I don't like the PRUNEY ones. They're slimy and squishy. But I do remember you could also grow the hard yellow ones. Those were gorgeous, but are nonexistent in the West.

Biggest disappointment: dragon fruit. SO PRETTY, tastes of NOTHING.

*insert comparison to braindead celebrity of your choice*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom