Germany 2021: Jendrik Sigwart - I Don't Feel Hate

What emotion do you feel for this entry?

• Total voters

VoR

Take it or leave it
After all that teasing about how we were going to be 'very happy' about Germany's choice for Eurovision this year, they've confirmed that their selection is... a minor TikTok personality. :bruised:

He’s been documenting his efforts to get to the Eurovision Song Contest on behalf of Germany since last June, posting a series of videos on TikTok and Instagram under the banner, “How to make ein Musikvideo.” And today NDR made it clear all that effort wasn’t done in vain. It’s confirmed that Jendrik Sigwart will sing for Germany at Eurovision 2021 in Rotterdam.

Speaking to NDR, Jendrik couldn’t hold back his enthusiasm, as he seems to have typed his thoughts out in all caps.

“I am really looking forward to performing for Germany at the ESC,” he says. “OKAY – I JUST CAN’T STAY SERIOUS ABOUT THIS. HEY, EVERYONE, I AM REALLY GOING TO THE ESC. THIS IS A DREAM COME TRUE! Holla, die Waldfee.” (Apparently that’s slang for very excited).

Germany’s Head of Delegation Alexandra Wolfslast confirmed. “Jendrik is totally authentic, has fantastic charisma and incredible entertainment qualities,” she says. “It was not surprising that he convinced the ESC juries. We are very happy that he will be representing Germany.”

German web site ESC-Kompakt, which has its ears on the ground in Deutschland, suggests the song will be a cross between Stefan Raab and Daði Freyr — so mixing German humour with geek-chic appeal.

See how long *you* can sit through this...

Germany always have a whiff of SERIOUSNESS about them, so it might work if they have a little fun for once.

That said, can see this being properly awful of course.

Germans? FUN? :eyes:
jamie-lee-kriewitz-ghost-wins-eurovision-germany.jpg

SUCH FUN!

Here’s the TikTok account:

All the previous videos are in extremely fast-spoken German with phrases such as ‘
selbstgebauten Waschsalon’.

I’m surprised we don’t know the name of the song.

Last edited:
I know we should all reserve judgement until hearing the song but I can't believe they've gone from Ben to this, good grief :shock:

There was a twenty second snippet going round Twitter yesterday. Granted it wasn’t the full song but I’m not convinced it’ll be BERLIN 2022 :eyes:

Large parts of this are just 'Love Is Forever' with added whistling. It's not quite a bad as that, largely thanks to the guitar breakdown bits, but it's still pretty awful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom