Let's talk SPIRITS

I just went back to check what's in MoM's tequila tasting set and I did actually have that Vivir one! Didn't like it, sorry :(

Well clearly there is SOMETHING WRONG with your tastebuds!

It must be some chemical thing that I have a genetic aversion to, like how some weirdos hate coriander :)

If you want to try Dark Rums, you'd be better off with an aged one rather than any sort of Navy Strength nonsense. I have an 18 year old Flor de Cana, which is delicious, and would also recommend the 15 year old El Dorado.

If you want to try Dark Rums, you'd be better off with an aged one rather than any sort of Navy Strength nonsense. I have an 18 year old Flor de Cana, which is delicious, and would also recommend the 15 year old El Dorado.

Thanks! I need a bit more knowledge on dark rums tbh.

My favourite brand that I’ve found so far is Plantation. The older the better obvs. El Dorado is nice too.

Then of course there’s my SMOKED RUM as seen on screen in my ASFM reveal. Fuck that stuff is amazing. One of the reviews said it tastes of ashtrays and they are RIGHT

I also have a Scotch Bonnet spiced rum which is amazing. Tropical fruits for the first second and then the heat hits you. SEXY.

Have you tried an Old Fashioned? I'm certain you'd like it.

But then I'm a fan of a Negroni too and that makes a lot of people GAG.

I vividly remember my first negroni. I thought I was drinking mouthwash!

now it's my favourite of all along with classic dacquiri :disco:

My favourite brand that I’ve found so far is Plantation. The older the better obvs. El Dorado is nice too.

Then of course there’s my SMOKED RUM as seen on screen in my ASFM reveal. Fuck that stuff is amazing. One of the reviews said it tastes of ashtrays and they are RIGHT

I also have a Scotch Bonnet spiced rum which is amazing. Tropical fruits for the first second and then the heat hits you. SEXY.

I wish I had more space for spiced rums because I would buy a ton of them.

I quite like Lugger. Duppy Share Rum is another fave.

Oh and Rumbullion is a total find!

mmm dark rum. the only spirit I'm able to drink neat

lately I've become fond of vermouth on the rocks, particular this one which is not too sweet (most are cloyingly so)

vermouth-rojo-domingo-75cl-1015267.jpg

I can drink anything (ANYTHING) but find rum (outside of a daiquiri of course) absolutely rotten!

I used to work at a bar that made Wray and Nephew daiquiris which are great if you want to get absolutely ANNIHILATED.

I love vermouth. I would say it's indispensable as a mixer and a cooking ingredient.

got a recipe on hand? do you use it in a sauce?

Mostly the white variant and as a substitute for white wine in risottos and in gravies and sauces.

It'll do in any dishes that require a slight aniseed touch such as the sauce in a fish pie. Anything stronger and I would just reach for a Pastis or Ouzo.

I have two bottles. Ricard for cooking and Henri Bourdin for drinking.

A little bit less-spirity but I would absolutely recommend dark mead for anyone likes dark rum. Absolutely delicious.

Has anyone tried a proper Poire Williams with the pear still inside the bottle?

I do like a decent Tequila, but my favourite straight spirit always is and always will be Irish Whiskey. I could drink it every night if it wasnt for that making me an alcoholic

Rum comes a close second, but it has to be aged. I wont go much cheaper/lower than a Havana Club 7, maybe a 5 if desperate

Scotch is cliche and most of it is overpriced to sell to Yanks. And dont get me started on the shit that tastes like its been distilled in an ashtray.

@monsta you have exceptional taste. I can see Roku Gin, Casamigos tequila, El Rayo tequila, Bathtub Gin....

Top marks!!

Basically I can't stand the tequila-y smell/flavour that everything else has. I don't know if this is a ME thing cos no-one ever seems to know what I'm talking about.

I have exactly the same issue! The smell alone is enough to make me gag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom