Love Island 2021

I'm enjoying Millie and whatsherface giggling together after their dates. I'm just imagining how much worse I'd be if I somehow managed something similar with a friend. I can't begrudge them enjoying how shallow and ridiculous that must have been.

Definitely a shame to observe Shanron's body language immediately move slightly away from Aaron when he's having this talk with her. Poor thing is going to be protecting herself now. If this doesn't pan out for then, I would like to see her with someone as she seems the easiest and most likeliest to befriend if you knew them.

I'd say feeling that your entire image and identity being reduced to the word "fake" (and it's lovely for those who don't have issues with their image or have internal battles with how other people see them not matching how they feel inside) would certainly hurt my feelings had I had surgical operations to feel I was finally closer to a version of myself I wanted to be, and to write someone off or use it as a pass to end what you weren't feeling, then I think that's a bit shitty. Just say you weren't feeling a strong enough attraction and move on. The show is shallow enough for anyone to accept that. Fair enough, he's just said there are other (albeit still sexist) reasons. His parting sentence was decent enough though. Okay episodes finally watched. Holy crap I've not slept. What did I do on my holidays? I'd better find better activities to say than binge watch bloodybLove Island.

Belated edit: I realise I've got this wrong, but I'll iron it out later as at least some of it's got to be right :D

Oh I feel you Chloe, but you played the I like Toby card too late to emerge sympathetic. I do think it's all fair game in though, so you may as well just make your move... step across the line, etc.

Hugo is telling Toby he doesn't think it would work for him and Kaz. Mind your own business.

If Chloe hadn't told Kaz she liked Toby before the sun lounger scene, she absolutely should have had a word before the challenge. I'd say she seems like she just likes the challenge and validation, but then she is without someone right now. However, going over to the new girls also gives me the impression that she just likes the attention of feeling like she's still the new girl herself.

Poor Kaz, but at least she's above the mess Chloe seems to quite accustomed to. I'm really impressed by what she said in responce to him - bring on the new menses.

Oh my god, how can you say to a guy he's giving you fanny flutters? Should I be telling guys on dates that they're making me prolapse? I'm starting to feel surprised they haven't incorporated a Naked Attraction challenge to this show.

Liam asking Mollie if she's got any knickers on. OF COURSE SHE BLOODY DOESN'T. She's like the real life Terri McIntyre.

I had a look at the US series episode 1, and it's good but weird that they're actually more inclusive in terms of body types than UK, which I wouldn't have expected

Also it has this BABE :o :horny:

E54oaDuXMAcAQNL

Watchable here: https://brokensilenze.one/watch_video/love-island-us-3x1/

Last edited:
What are we thinking? Lucinda HAS to ditch Brad. “Beautiful” can only get you so far, and he will ditch her as soon as the next girl that tickles his pickle walks in.

I was thinking who do I like, and the answer is very FEW of them. I am rooting for KAZ though. Faye will be good tv, and then that’s about it.

Chloe has absolutely nothing to her. Kaz is an absolute DIAMOND.

I see this thread has become the MUSINGS of Straightorbroken.

Last edited:
I feel like Jake and Lib have the same conversation everytime. Yep, I'm still watching the same episode.

This is a major Love Island trope that does my head in every year. Whenever we see conversations between the couples, particularly on dates, the whole conversation will be them talking about how great their relationship, rapport, chat or attraction is. It's like the show has to TELL us how good those things are rather than just allowing us to observe it for ourselves as viewers.

It can also make the relationships feel forced - because these kind of conversations feel like a last resort on part of producers if they don't have any other way of demonstrating that couples are solid. I feel like this is more apparent than ever this year, as now Millie and Lucinda have come in we finally have some potential couples that aren't totally one-sided or just not quite there. We are finally seeing some actual chemistry on screen that was totally absent during the first week and a half, despite the best efforts of producers to create "moments" between the likes of Toby and Kaz.

Honestly, it would just be fun to observe them talking about something other than themselves or the relationships/dynamics in the villa once in a while!

Last edited:
What are we thinking? Lucinda HAS to ditch Brad. “Beautiful” can only get you so far, and he will ditch her as soon as the next girl that tickles his pickle walks in.
From her conversation with Faye last night, it feels like Lucinda has fully got the ick with Brad, which is honestly hilarious.

I feel like Brad's story is pretty straightforward. He's from a small town and in that context is by far the best looking guy. As a result, he has literally never had to form any kind of personality in order to compete with other guys. Now he's surrounded by other guys that are just as physically attractive and often more fun or interesting to be around, every single girl he's got together with is realising quickly that there is absolutely nothing there beyond the looks and that better options are available.

Oh come on. I'm going to have to hold off to watch this in bulk, I can't take the slow pace of showing the developments as previews for the next episode.

Impossible to say who I think Teddy will choose, but Fay and Rach seemed to make a good impression on him. Kaz seemed a bit more forced and Sharron seems to be checked out.

Oh come on. I'm going to have to hold off to watch this in bulk, I can't take the slow pace of showing the developments as previews for the next episode.

Impossible to say who I think Teddy will choose, but Fay and Rach seemed to make a good impression on him. Kaz seemed a bit more forced and Sharron seems to be checked out.

I thought Rachel but on aftersun it showed a VT where he said it’s all about the eyes for him and he kept talking about Fays eyes. I hope someone couples up with Kaz.

My interest in this has fallen off a cliff again... more drama please.

Who n' the hell is Hugo going to choose :D

Just watching now so not ignoring whatever you've said Rita (or am I?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom