Madame X Tour (CW: offensive carrot)

I suppose these prices will make up for the fact that the album will probably only generate sufficient income to buy a small terraced two up two down in Blackburn.
haha I do wonder how much money even the big sellers generate now . Especially with all this streaming and whatnot I have no clue about

Touring undoubtedly is where the £££ is. And to a certain extent, if people like Babs and Bruce are charging several hundred quid a ticket, why shouldn't Madonna as well? It's just like as Sheena says, I think she is the one who will see the trickle down effect that already sees most acts charging fifty quid plus in medium sized concert halls.

Take That were here last night, and my facebook was FLOODED this morning with photos and videos from various friends who went. I know a lot of those friends never buy music, but seemingly are quite content to shell out £100 plus on a concert ticket. I don't really get it, but then I think I'm completely over arena and stadium gigs.

Incidentally, @Epponnee Rae found our tickets for the Kylie Let's Get To It tour at Birmingham NEC in October 91 the other day. FOURTEEN QUID! :D :D :D

And that was probably in the days when a chart CD was £12.99!

Last edited:
Still reeling from my £10 ticket to see Prince in 2014.

I’m going to a few gigs this summer including Stevie Wonder/Lionel Richie in Hyde Park, but I haven’t been to any large concert in ages. Much prefer smaller venues now, and no more than £70 unless it’s a proper special event. I think Springsteen in 2015 at Wembley was the last massive show I’ve seen and Kylie at The O2 in 2014 was the last arena gig.

I know the THEORY but wasn't someone saying the other day that suspiciously, no one seems to find ANY TICKETS AT THAT PRICE ANYWHERE?
We decided we'd only get them if we could get the lower two price brackets but these have not once been offered despite filtering my search and getting there right on the dot at 9am both days. I wondered if they'll be quietly relesed today amongst the new dates, but it seems that nope!

I still can't quite believe she'll sell any of the £500-odd tickets. If you're enough of a loon to spend that, surely you're enough of a loon to spend £1200 on the VIP CASH BAR PACKAGE*?

*artist will not be present

The difference between Madonna and Babs is surely the frequency in which they tour. Madonna loons will have seen her a hell of a lot more often. I’m sure you’d all be more prepared to pay £500 if you had only seen her once in the last decade. Also that Babs in Hyde Park Diamond Circle is the same price as all of the other BST Hyde Park gigs and not exclusive to her. The rest of the prices are quite reasonable.

To be fair Mariah was £125 at the Albert Hall, in the stalls but I had a great view and a hot usher near me so all good

Rita's current tour is actually as full blown arena spectacle in the Madonna/Kylie vein and tickets were just 40 quid :o wish I'd gone

The only thing that would be fully 'blown' about a Rita Ora tour is lots of gays giving each other blowjobs in the audience to the sounds of "Wish That I Could Make You Love Me" which, to be honest, if I were a snowflake millennial in my early 20s in 2019 I probably would have been WELL 'down' for at a Rita O concert but not as a respected pearl necklace* clutching middle aged professional gay.

(*NOT that kind(a girl))

songs she's confirmed/mentioned rehearsing so far

Human Nature
Dark Ballet
Crave
I Rise
Like a Prayer
Joan of Arc
Justify My Love

of course oldie but goodie Candy Shop will be making the requisite show-stopping appearance too :disco:

Is that hip thing her only dance move these days? I want to hear more about that ARTHRITIS RUMOUR because she does look STIFF AS HELL.

I love the DW version. That performance is amazing. And her (mimed) performances on TV shows when she was promoting it were pretty cool I thought.

I love the DW version. That performance is amazing. And her (mimed) performances on TV shows when she was promoting it were pretty cool I thought.

I definitely prefer the mimed versions. I've never been impressed with her live vocals on certain songs, and this is one of them.

And why’s that TYPEWRITER THERE?

In case anyone starts stamping their foot and furiously clutching their glitter cassette, I’m merely ENQUIRING :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom