Melanie C returns - Melanie C (2020 album & singles)

I'm guessing Version of Me just had the one week in the top 75?

Maybe Melanie C will make it two. :eyes:

she's 100 copies ahead of #9 today but 1k+ ahead of #10 so she should do it.

previous first week sales:

30,876 - Reason (#5)
17,773 - Northern Star (entered at #10)
8,970 - Beautiful Intentions (#24)
4,084 - Version of Me (#25)
3,735 - The Sea (#45)
2,326 - Stages (#50)

This Time estimated at 4.5k

she's 100 copies ahead of #9 today but 1k+ ahead of #10 so she should do it.

previous first week sales:

30,876 - Reason (#5)
17,773 - Northern Star (entered at #10)
8,970 - Beautiful Intentions (#24)
4,084 - Version of Me (#25)
3,735 - The Sea (#45)
2,326 - Stages (#50)

This Time estimated at 4.5k

sort of incredible that Northern Star started like that, especially going on to what, close to a million IIRC. Goin Down was a bit of a calamitous first single commercially, but the title track was already gearing up by the time the album was out, right?

sort of incredible that Northern Star started like that, especially going on to what, close to a million IIRC. Goin Down was a bit of a calamitous first single commercially, but the title track was already gearing up by the time the album was out, right?
the CD single came out 6 weeks after the album and the song was a hit but not a huge hit (silver, 200k) so it obviously wasn't until Never Be The Same Again that album sales properly kicked off

the CD single came out 6 weeks after the album and the song was a hit but not a huge hit (silver, 200k) so it obviously wasn't until Never Be The Same Again that album sales properly kicked off

on a recent interview she said something along the lines that the record co. (I'm gonna go with Virgin because they were cunts) were adamant of abandoning the campaign right after Northern Star didn't go to #1 :D It's CRAZY how 20 years ago the pressure to go Top 10 (nevermind #1) was insane. I wonder if NBTSA had gone just Top 5 instead would we had even got ITTY?

Virgin were pretty brutal with the girls but then again, they let Mel B release a third single from an already dead campaign.

she deleted the pic :D did she get shit for taking the tube?!

I guess you’re correcting me because that’s when people say “obviously”

I didn’t mean it was right as rain after the title track came out, it’s just curious timing having the album almost halfway between 2 singles (which were only 2 months apart). Was that a panic or just squashed up to give as. I b of a boost before Christmas, I wonder.

Makes you wonder how it would’ve gone differently if the two number ones had gone first, but then they’d never have released another single if the first had been a decent hit, would they? It’s sort of curious they managed to get those two #1s so late on, I wonder if Virgin really saw them coming

I'm not sure she was ever pretentious really. I just think she wanted to be taken seriously as someone who had an identity away from the Spice Girls and hasn't always known how to marry that drive and ambition with the music she was making.

like Beautiful Intentions is probably her best album despite being the moment at which mainstream pop fans fully stopped caring.

great Blame It PERF from her album release livestream - she's gonna be drip feeding them

:o amazing! best first week sales since 2007 and sales since 2003 in such a competitive week. she must be thrilled.

now I think we have to collectively decide on a punishment for @VoR.
Can we all change our votes for modship I wonder .

Emma wasn't far off last year, she was 6.5k or so I think?

Last time one beat that would've been Life In Mono I believe?

Congrats on going 12% silver in your first week Melanie :)

Congrats on going 12% silver in your first week Melanie :)

GENUINELY not being snide. She can only compete against what's out there in the current market, and it's a great result for her.

I can't wait for Adele to release her album so we can really see how far the arse has dropped out of the market.

:D!

OK the sales are good but I hardly think she can stretch to a FRUIT BASKET once the bills are paid VoR.

To deliver another comparison, the Mercury-considered 5th Louise Redknapp album shifted 6,017 in week one to land at #11 earlier this year.

Reactions: SDF
I can't get enough of Overload at the moment. It is all about the repeated use of AH-AH!
At first I was a bit hesitant about it, but soon I got addicted to it. It is such an earworm. :disco:

I hope it gets the single treatment. :altaf:

The middle eight is my favourite part:

'Cos you know you're being careless with my love
Take a warning 'cos the pressure's building up
I've tried to ride it out but now enough's enough
Why do you treat me so bad when you need me so much?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom