Melodifestivalen 2021: Deltävling Four

The Mamas vocals and energy are on point. They're going from black to golden with 'In the Middle'
in-the-middle.-the-m6037b8774a997-1024x683.jpg
YES! Looking fabulous. One of the big criticisms of last year was that the staging/outfits were all just too dark. Love this look! :disco:

Last edited:
YES! Looking fabulous. One of the big criticisms of last year was that the staging/outfits were all just too dark. Love this look! :disco:
I agree that last year was a bit understated but I feel this is way too camp :D

Last edited:
Every Minute
The performance has high ambitions but everything hasn't fallen into place for the Thursday rehearsals. Many early rehearsal reviews still claims that Saade will be the one to beat in the final. He is said to have a number that is simple and elegant yet very carefully thought out. A downside might be that it feels very much like a music video and that it might be too cold for a great televote at Finalen or ESC. Some reviewers think that the number is too slow to get going and the song not dynamic enough. He is also wearing a jumper and sweating too much. On the other hand most reviewers imply that 'Every Minute' is a very strong composition.
every-minute.-eric-s6037dbb0c9131-1024x683.jpg

Last edited:
I think Eric’s performance looks very promising. Can’t wait to see the entire thing.

Efraim looks like he is on the verge of tears in the rehearsal clip. I'm not sure if he is a new low in the MF toothy young male stakes but he's in the mix. The Sannex song sounds quite wretched.

Tess wisely seems to be letting the backing track do the heavy lifting but looks iconic.

Eric's song sounds good but like something in particular I can't quite figure out. The music video-esque performance I suspect I may not like.

Loving the golden glitter fest from The Mamas :disco:

Saade is blowing everybody out of the water based on that snippet. The lighting in particular is better than anything I've seen in Mello since Euphoria.

This heat's actually proving much harder to call than I'd first expected. Obviously the top 2 and last place are a foregone conclusion, but the four slots in the middle feel like they could go any which way after those rehearsal clips.

Reactions: Hak
Efraim has absolutely no stage presence, which, fingers crossed, might fuck him over.
Sannex are really giving P4 Nästa winner vibes with that nonentity.
Lovad looks like Essex was sick on her.
Eric's performance is making me cringe and it isn't achieving what he thinks it is.
Clara barely concealing her gromit in that shit dress sort of detracts from the song being quite awesome.
Tess miming to her own backing vocals is a wise choice, as the song is excellent enough as it is.
The Mamas kick the living shit out of everything else in this heat, both with the song and the performance.

I liked the last two best, I have different reservations for each of the rest:

Tess - Too cold and clinical for an up-tempo banger. I want more chorea more surprises, more energy from Tess!

Lovad - The ghost effect isn't really blending well and the choreo is not tight enough.

Leo - Get rid of the hunchback Leo, relax and have some fun one stage!

The Mamas - This would be great for an interval act but is way to camp and low budget for being winner candidates. Why the confetti screen saver backdrop??

Sannex - Stiff dancing. Looks too cheesy, camp and not fun enough!

This heat's actually proving much harder to call than I'd first expected. Obviously the top 2 and last place are a foregone conclusion, but the four slots in the middle feel like they could go any which way after those rehearsal clips.
Who's last??

There's nothing camp about Sannex at all. That is the laziest straight entertainment in the world. So end of the pier and tired. Oooooh, he's doing a spinning finger next to his head during a lyric saying he's crazy really slowly. So entertaining and fun :manson:

Genuinely disrespectfully boring and low energy watching it for something that you'd have thought was selling itself on fun? You'd hope that's just the rehearsal and they're planning on actually being higher energy for the performance itself, because that is shameful for national television.

I agree about Sannex, and yes not camp more cheesy and cliché in a boringly stiff way.

Last edited:
Rhyming tokig with inclusive is... :manson:

The Saade performance looks great. Still not sure about the song -- and my mind also went straight to Euphoria.

No idea what the fuss about Eric's entry is. Whiny voice and stupid lyrics

"I want sex all the time" always gets a :manson: from me

No idea what the fuss about Eric's entry is. Whiny voice and stupid lyrics

"I want sex all the time" always gets a :manson: from me
I'm just disappointed, to be honest. After Popular and Sting I had expectations of him that aren't being met here. There's just nothing about it.

The best in a “looks like a music video” Benjy kinda way that doesn’t connect with Eurovision viewers :side-eye:

Yeah I don't think Eric's gonna go to Eurovision. I'm getting 3rd/4th place vibes.

I'm also a little bit more wary of The Mamas' chances of victory overall after that thirty second rehearsal clip (HIT YOUR CAMERA ANGLES HUNS!) but it might just be not the best choice of segment.

In retrospect while I think Dance You Off was a bit too lowkey as a track for Eurovision viewers, I think a lot of viewers thinking Benjamin was creepy was probably more of a factor than it looking like a music video in why it didn't go down well. I think the fact Eric's performance is so based in clever lighting angles would make it seem more impressive to the viewer that the effect has been achieved

01 - The Mamas - WINNER! Of this heat at least. Omg imagine if they beat Dotter by a point again

02 - Tess Merkel - Somewhere in an exquisitely gentrified kitchen in Stockholm Jean-Pierre La Barda is dressed up as a lion and taking a load off @RaspberrySwirl in a sling to this, and in that moment all is right with the world and Tess's vision for what this song would bring to it. Hope she gets Marina from BWO in to do the spoken word bit out of tune in tribute to Alcastar, she can't have much else on at the moment

03 - Clara Klingenström - this sounds divine but I don't think it was designed to have full effect in one minute, which is all that's stopping me from rating it higher. Well that and I keep getting distracted by how much her face looks like an egg in the clip photo

04 - Eric Saade - This is giving me shades of George Michael - Flawless and Naughty Boy ft. Sam Smith - La La La (but sadly not Dinah Nah - Make Me (La La La)) and it's really good but all I can think about is how much I hate every reviewer cooing over this as his "best entry ever" - shut up! Just because it's cool and you wouldn't get kicked out of a house party within ten seconds of putting it on the aux chord does NOT make it a higher artform than a Kempefied twink with an uncanny valley thousand yard stare yelping his way through a key change over a Boney M beat and smashing a window as a metaphor for having too many emotions during puberty! :oi:

05 - lovad - I panicked when I saw her eyes and pressed next

06 - Sannex - I'm sorry these middle aged men (three of which I may or may not have slept with variants of at some point in the last six years) come in here and claim to be giving us dansband 2.0 and then turn up with THIS?! :evil: Linda Bengtzing has NOT lost all of her hair, changed genre three times, raided every charity shop between Jon-Henrik Fjällgren's reindeer herd and the JUTLAND WASTES for foul velour jackets in some shade of orange, and declared "ENERGY HAS NO LANGUAGE" in response to a question over why some gays in a pub in Marylebone were supporting her over course of the last 15 years for this disrespect to sail through to andra chansen! You were supposed to turn up with Elisa's - Linjen in min hand (lmao at her naming the band after herself after everything we saw last week), not ELISA LINDSTRÖM - CASANOVA minus the punchy chorus! All of these men are to be strapped down into a chair and have their eyes held open for 72 hours to Linda performances as I repeat "SE mig! HÖR mig! RÖR mig!" - turn up the tempo! the power of Christer compels you!

07 - Efraim Leo - ok @Mugatu get that foundation off Tess needs to pay the rent this month

:D

A quick Google search makes me feel slightly more flattered than that time you said I looked like Jacob Wohl. (at least in the pictures where EFRAIM isn't making the Handsome Squidward face)

Since I've been pulled into a E********n topic, Drag Me to Hell style, I feel the need to add that I've been thinking about the name JENDRIK SIGWART all day. It sounds like the kind of name I'd make up when mocking Euroqueens.

Last edited:
:D

A quick Google search makes me feel slightly more flattered than that time you said I looked like Jacob Wohl. (at least in the pictures where EFRAIM isn't making the Handsome Squidward face)

Since I've been pulled into a E********n topic, Drag Me to Hell style, I feel the need to add that I've been thinking about the name JENDRIK SIGWART all day. It sounds like the kind of name I'd make up when mocking Euroqueens.
Listen to the clips and join us on Saturday evening, it's not like there's much else on :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom