Name a CAREER KILLING album

Kratz

Τα, τα, τα, τα, τα, τα
66AA3A49-911A-424C-AB90-BEC7698779A3.png

We might already have a thread…

754D441E-766D-4227-98B4-2DC2ACC9EEDD.jpeg

Hitless and indulgent rubbish (apart from 2 Faced). Considering how good her A&R had been it is amazing this saw the light of day.

I think her career was dead before she released it. I saw it in the bargains bins and tempted to get it
I guess so yeah, though to go from two hit albums to third not making the top 100 at all was a bit shocking, the new sound did not go down well.

View attachment 13768
Hitless and indulgent rubbish (apart from 2 Faced). Considering how good her A&R had been it is amazing this saw the light of day.

I saw this thread and thought of Elbow Beach immediately and exactly what you've written (although I forced myself to like it). What a comedown. Imagine making an album about marrying your footballer boyfriend on a tropical beach (so relatable!) and have the nerve to think anyone cares. With the nerve to not even bring the hits!

She was lucky 2 Faced was part of the package.

Looking at this thread it’s much easier to kill a woman’s career

(Or Eioghan Quigg and no I don’t care how you spell it)

Most of these were singles that killed it/too long a wait/possibly things that would have happened anyway to be fair.

The Katy Perry one seems right - Chained To The Rhythm was good and did well, it was every other part of the campaign that fucked it (should have released Roulette second).

Heavy_Rotation_cover.jpg

Well, it was the single really, but everything about the project was wrong, and waiting four years or so didn't help
one of the most extreme examples. didn't she have three triple platinum UK albums, and this limped to gold?

if the single had been I Call it Love, maybe things would've gone differently. but also I think the fact that she had aged in those four years and was perceived to lack sex appeal hurt her chances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom