Portugal 2023: Mimicat – Ai Coração

war games apocalypse GIF
Sorry everyone we lost the bit of paper with the results on IN PORTUGALESE OBVIOUSLY

Reactions: COB
Mine is finished. I’d switch over to this but I have an urgent appointment to rub my cock with some sandpaper.

Do the Portuguese not enjoy a simple tune and catchy melody? I bet they do and the utter tripe snobs parade at the TV station think they’re a cut above the pig farmers and whatnot and give them complicated unlistenable rot instead

Melodies are overrated.

I raise you the UTTERLY USELESS and TRASHY Portuguese answer to Elettra Lamborghini - Ana Malhoa to fill some time! :disco:

Mimicat WINS then, with what was IMO their literal only option to have a chance of escaping the Semi Finals this year.
It was frankly an OBVIOUS PICK, even when considering what a lush and fertile selection Portugal offered us this year :)

Missed the voting so no idea how close it was!

Mercifully I PASSED OUT before having to endure the votes. What a horrible horrible show.

• Haha
Reactions: Zu
I have more time for Portugal than most, but the (sizeable) number of Eurofans who try to claim this national final is better than Melfest are clearly either wilful contrarians or have bleeding on the brain.

Either way, they made the right choice. Might struggle to qualify, but there's something to it so hopefully it'll stand out.

This is great! My favourite Portuguese entry for a while.

Agreed, this is fun. Might scrape through the semis. It should.

I’ve only just bothered to listen to this and whilst I’m sure it will be popular with televoters who have their castanets IN PORTUGALESE OBVIOUSLY handy - as I ALWAYS do - I think everyone else might vote for something which isn’t this. Quite jolly though, for a change :)

So thrilled that this WITHERED HAG made it to the finals :disco:

She really did have EVERYTHING against her - no jury, a song in Portuguese, her age disadvantage, a seemingly disinterested delegation that gave her literally ZERO staging - yet she still made it in a tough Semi through sheer CHARISMA and PERFORMANCE JOY alone :disco: It's not even as if the song is especially spectacular.

I'm so happy for her! And she was beyond THRILLED to go through

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom