Portugal 2023: Mimicat – Ai Coração

IS she old? She looked perfectly youthful and lovely to me, but maybe I'm old too now :cry:

Finding myself SURPRISINGLY ATTACHED TO THIS as a SHOCK PERSONAL FAVOURITE I'm looking forward to this evening!

Can also confirm it goes down a STORM in the clubs - the NEW DANNII MINOGUE! :disco:

I feel like it has a chance at top 10 even :o

What a fucking delight, and she's got a crap performance one side and a really dull one the other, so I hope she gets a bit of a FUCK YOU type result at being placed 2nd.

This feels like it's leading a strong field of underdogs this year. She really slaps you around the tits and charms the shit out of you in the process. It's pure joy from entrance to exit.

At this late stage, a Scandinavian flop and Iberian top 2 would really tickle my contrary mary.

I really hope this does very well with the juries. Singer-songwriter, pitch perfect not afraid of complex vocals, and she has a real stage presence. And the song’s a foot tapper.

I'm really annoyed this has been thrown out in second. They should have swapped it with the Estonian dullfest and given our poodle-haired queen a fighting chance.
I’d have plonked Spain (or France :tongueout:) in second but maybe they were scared of death threats :(

This reminds me of Albania being slotted in second in 2019. I know they only just got through their semi but the performance was quite the serve and significantly better than being shoved there suggested. 17th from that was pretty good especially given the juries didn't help them much

Do the producers really not know the semi results when doing the running order?

Even if they don't know the actual positions they'll know which acts have the fan buzz, they'll have seen the betting odds etc.

Going back the last few years, it seems most acts on in second place came 9th in their semi, but that could be guesswork.

Anyway it's fairly ludicrous to base it on that in some cases - Portugal came from a really strong semi against the odds, and more importantly it's FUN. If they did come 9th or 10th it feels like an achievement rather than the sloppy leftovers scraping through.

I would have opened the show with it

Portugal and Czechia are the two that I feel bad about in the running order - they'd both have added more to the contest in other positions.

They've always said they don't know the semi results when doing the running order, but it's usually not that hard to guess.

They really do the Czechs badly, the times they've qualified they've given them 2nd, 14th (the earliest possible in the second half), 3rd, 1st and now 14th (earliest possible again) - even when Lake Malawi, Mikolas and We Are Domi were all top 4 in their semis

They really do the Czechs badly, the times they've qualified they've given them 2nd, 14th (the earliest possible in the second half), 3rd, 1st and now 14th (earliest possible again) - even when Lake Malawi, Mikolas and We Are Domi were all top 4 in their semis
Wow, I hadn't realised it was that bad.

Maybe it's punishment for the Czech interest being lower than whatever ITV4 are currently showing.

Some people say it's because of the letter they signed (with other countries) complaining about the lack of press in the first rehearsals or whatever.

Czechia definitely look fucked over, but maybe there's an ad break after Finland before them or just after? That might change how it seems on screen, even with Australia after them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom