Róisín Murphy - Róisín Machine & Crooked Machine

This album deserves to go big. It won’t though. Only 6music is supporting her. Fuckers.

The live from Ibiza performance video she is teasing for tomorrow looks quite epic.

she is absolutely mad as a hatter

There’s this ongoing theme on the record of “I feel my story is still untold.” Having mentioned your twenty-seven years in the industry, are you in a reflective state about your career?

Hmm, maybe contemplating it, but maybe more-so just sitting back and going, “Wow! You know, I still look good! Me story’s still untold! Come on!!!! Come and have a dance with yer mum!!! Never had a broken heart, fuckin’ hell! Lets have it! Still fuckin’ havin’ it — 47 and absolutely gorgeous!” :D

(our @Rita can relate)

full interview here (it's a long one, but worth it - talking influences, being underrated, her next record etc)

just noticed the turd emoji cushion :D FUCK

another:
20roisin-murphy2-superJumbo.jpg

I do wish I liked her music more than I do (which is not a lot) as she’s got that hard faced Irish look which I really like, and she always sounds quite amusing and coarse and not one to suffer fools gladly. I shall pass on the album and await the autobiography :disco:

the way she FLINGS herself to the ground and then STAGGERS to the pool and FLOPS in :disco:! me after any HEAVY NIGHT if I was in SUNNY IBIZA! maybe @big ron can relate to this

They’ve shipped my deluxe bundle with the fanzine. Cannot wait! I don’t adore every song she records, but some are magnificent and I just love her as an artist and person. Gigantic charisma!

They’ve shipped my deluxe bundle with the fanzine. Cannot wait! I don’t adore every song she records, but some are magnificent and I just love her as an artist and person. Gigantic charisma!

the set looks so gorgeous! I love the sleazy style of the artwork

I am not set up to play vinyl at home though so I think I might forego this one. to think, I own pretty much everything from the Overpowered era and it's all just collecting dust :(

Mine hasn't dispatched yet, though I did only order last week. The gatefold she posted looks stungorge.

Yeah, twice before - once on the Hairless Toys tour then again on the most recent one, both were INCREDIBLE.

she's doing Murphy's Law on Graham Norton tonight - looking très disco :disco:

Surprised she's performing Murphy's Law on GN - I'd have thought Something More would have been the safer choice being the most similar to her poppy Moloko moments most people know her for. I'm sure she will be amazing regardless!

This album is already a classic of the genre. It's weird not being THAT excited about it's release, as I know most of the songs already :D but as a single offering it's a perfect, cohesive, innovative disco treat. :disco:

Not that she needed to, but I really feel this album has cemented her legacy, especially after the off-kilter Monto (that I LOVED personally), and the messy-random 12" single releases of her last (non)album/Spotify playlist.

the album is an utter delight. it demands to be played front to back, not cherry picked, and it feels like a sumptuous DJ set being played at a pool party somewhere in the suburbs where the cocaine is flowing and the claws are OUT.

some of the segues are absolutely divine, especially in the first half. only complaint is that this edit of Incapable is too short. Shellfish Mademoiselle is GLORIOUS!

oh shit, this is amazing. i can't listen to anything else, i feel i can only be disappointed from here on.

pre-album listening party rate:

10 Simulation - it's the original mix on the youtube version of the album. still ace.
** Kingdom of Ends (sounds like a 10 on first listen)
08 Something More - still waiting to proper get into this. it is a new edit, isn't it? not too familiar still. it's getting better for sure.
** Shellfish Mademoiselle - this better not be a garden panty affair!
10 Incapable
** We Got Together
09 Murphy's Law
** Game Changer
06 Narcissus - something about it bugs me. praying for a mix.
07 Jealousy - this is just ok by her standards, at least the mixes i've heard.

still livid she kept plaything off.

Are there are even slightly pop tunes on this, like Overpowered?

I know, I'm a shameless bop slut.

while it's not "pop" pop, there's definitely an accessibility to this record she hasn't offered since the overpowered days.
for me this is much poppier than ruby blue.

and, yes, @Jark, the shellfish song is quite fucking fabulous!

ugh, this woman.

while it's not "pop" pop, there's definitely an accessibility to this record she hasn't offered since the overpowered days.
for me this is much poppier than ruby blue.

and, yes, @Jark, the shellfish song is quite fucking fabulous!

ugh, this woman.

I so agree! While they aren't "bops", they are definitely more accessible than most of her recent stuff. They still retain her uniqueness though. She's amazing.

oh my rehoboam: we got together

shaking and crying doesn't even begin.

Something More connected to me twice on two occasions - when I had it full blast for the first time and the layered vocals on "this could be the last time" took it from a 8/10 to a 10/10

Then I saw the Ibiza mood video last week and there's something about HER and her PRESENCE. It's now a 13/10. I don't say this a lot because I'm nearly 43, but I stan. I stan a lot.

Listening now girls. I'm a total Machine virgin to boot.

It's very :disco:

Picked whatever song jumped out at me out of curiosity (Shellfish Mademoiselle of course) and loved it. Let me DIVE IN

she looks like an EXPENSIVE CHRISTMAS PRESENT which is FITTING because the WHOLE PERF is a JOYOUS GIFT :disco:

Splendid!

Marvelous effort Ms Murphy. Narcissus was my initial stand out, but frankly it was all very good.

Finally having my first full listen, and FUCK ME this is everything. We Got Together :disco: Currently on Murphy's Law, which sounds amazing in the context of the album so far.

The packaging for the album and the merch is just fucking EXQUISITE.

What a queen!

i am officially entering loon mode. she really is everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom