Rain On Me (with Ariana Grande)

This could be for the piss pig community what Born This Way was for terrified 12 year old homos, I'm delighted for them.

The song is good, probably 8/10. I love the French house-sounding bassline, although I wish the rest of it sounded more like the last part too. It's probably a good thing that nobody's going to hear this then Hallucinate by Dua Lipa back to back in the club for a while, there could be a lot of deaths.

The video achieves the two key objectives of including rain and a manic dance routine. I like the touching message of harmony between people who wear black clothes and people who wear pink clothes. Did she do it on her phone again?

Gaga looks GORGEOUS with the Ariana makeup and ponytail.

The video is fun enough. Pink and blue has become a really popular palette in pop music lately (ahem...Caution...ahem).

Ariana is coming out looking a lot better than Gaga from this song.

the song is GROWING, the video is AMAZING - the sheer number of looks, some of which just get a couple of seconds but are to die for :disco:

I REALLY like the shot of Gaga singing in the window of a submarine or whatever that shit is, she looks sensational and is really EMOTING. And I'm not a choreo queen but the moves are cute. She's an instant classic!

This has so much more replay value than Stupid Love. Love all the different looks we get in this one, the Red One is my fave.

Is she quite ELDERLY NOW? She'll lose a limb if she keeps bopping around like that.

GOOD FOR HER!

Gags can't dance for TOFFEE :D

What a tune this is though, I love it. I like the video best when it spins around 180.

Ariana is such a QUEEN. The VOX! The IMPERIOUSNESS! The LIPS! :disco:

I'd love a full extra MINUTE or even TWO at the end to be honest. Bring on an 80s style proper extended mix with ad libs a go go at the end.

Currently suing. Been told my chances are strong and should be owed 50% of profits so I'm banking on a crisp £20 note.

She thinks she can get away with removing the "ing" as if NO ONE will notice, but then:

Nice little throwaway bop, but I really don't think it's anything hugely special. It's fairly anonymous and could be by a multitude of other artists. There's nothing massively interesting happening in either the melody or production. A bit flat for me

...she goes and steals my life and my CV! Absolutely fuming and I hope Arietta Grant kicked her in the shins in that video a few times. Loose Women will be hearing all about this and THEN SHE'LL BE SORRY

Rain on Meh. (Has this been done yet?)

Listened to it about 5 times and I can't remember the melody. It's a bit underwhelming. And where has the baseline been nicked from?

Positives: the voices blend well together. The end. Thank you next, etc.

The video is fucking immense. Looks, choreo, polish, concept. It's everything a Gaga video should be. Plus its nippy as fuck, and certainly doesn't outstay its welcome. Tens, tens, tens across the board. And those Chromatica Baby Spice shoes. I can't.

Somehow she will always find a way to give SOME QUEENS something to be nonplussed ("I'm not getting much from the video"), disappointed ("it's not Alejandro") about, but maybe they should just consider that big, fun dance pop songs by expensive icons just... aren't their thing?

You know though, don't you, that just because you think something is fucking FAB, doesn't mean everyone else does? I've pretty much loved every single and album she's ever released. With these two new songs, while I LIKE them, they just aren't anywhere near the level of pop magic that she usually delivers. Sorry like. Nobody's out to attack your opinion. That's just how it is.

You're missing the point. Every new song has the same trajectory in the thread:

1. First few posts - doesn't matter who they are - is people going 'It's a bit SHIT. But it might grow on me'.

2. Next few posts - someone comes in and says 'I love it'.

3. All remaining posts - 'yeah it's pretty good actually'.

I just wish it wasn't so OBVIOUS how the thread will go. You don't even need to hear the song and you know that those 3 stages will happen.

People are free to have their own opinion - but have that! Your own opinion. Don't fucking slate it because you think it's uncool to like Gaga (I don't mean you).

The video definitely makes the song grow more for me. I love how uplifting it sounds.

Oh here's stage 4... the people from stage 1 saying it's 'growing on them' now, when they realise most people like it.

this Gaga in Ari drag LEWK is phenom

330126e8439dbb0402b63cdc0d937c40cc20fd2d.gif

Is a song not allowed to grow? :D can a video not enhance a song? do you think anyone gives a FUCK whether they agree or disagree with the masses, or indeed with YOU, on the topic of Lady Gaga? all things to ponder.

Yes it's allowed to grow, but go back and read other new song threads of Gaga - it happens in her ones specifically. Every single time.

Oh here's stage 4... the people from stage 1 saying it's 'growing on them' now, when they realise most people like it.

Or maybe I didn't love it from Listen #1. You know, like 99% of all other songs you hear.

People are just contrary for some reason with Gaga I mean come on...it might not be to everyone’s taste but there is no way that video is quote “horrific”

Anyhow the video really is everything.

#THANKYOUGAGA

I like this much better than Stupid Love, the last thirty seconds especially LIFTS OFF :disco:

I'm quite fascinated by that slightly too long hug at the end of the video.

Reactions: dUb
I completely agree with @Jark - WHY is that bit "I hear the thunder coming down, won't you rain on me?" the outro? Crazy! It's the best part of the song.

I really like it. I feel there is *something* missing that could elevate it but I quite like how it is loyal to both their sounds. The 'least I'm alive bit' is so Ariana then you have Gaga Gaga-ing all over it but it works.

Ariana looks so effortless too during her bits. It's a simple song quite perfect for now.

Is this #1 everywhere yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom