RPDR UK S2 E4

So is the lockdown episode being aired in lieu of a proper episode. I thought it was going to be more of a bonus episode during the week.

So is the lockdown episode being aired in lieu of a proper episode. I thought it was going to be more of a bonus episode during the week.

From what I’m seeing both? Proper episode and a special going out on Friday (this was swiftly deleted by the BBC though)

I honestly feel like I'm watching a different person with their obsession with Laurence. I was absolutely 100% convinced that was Ahora's win this week - for me she absolutely nailed the Essex stuff and Tia was pretty good too.

Laurence was better than Ellie and I thought should be 'safe' this week - but nothing more. I also would have put Jinny in the safe category over Ellie Diamond. I was quite excited about the prospect of an Ellie/Sister bottom 2 as I cannot think of two more boring drag queens that have made it through 4 eliminations.

I'm really glad that the judges realised that Veronica was better than Sister. Yeah she was SHIT, but it was a fuckload better than what Sister brought which was sweet FA and a bunch of whining and bitching about her scene partner. I felt so bad for Veronica that she kept feeling she has to apologise to Sister...!

(Disappointing! I was hoping someone else was onboard with me not GETTING her when I saw that like...!) :D

I got a bitter taste (get it) when Jinny Lemon did that for sure. When people do things like that it always feel like a deep rooted sense of not wanting the final rejection (in all reality shows) but I feel bad that last week she could have been bottom 2 and fought so hard, only to be so negative this week.

Reactions: dUb
Veronica has to be one of the all time best runway looks.

I appreciate that Ginny wanted to go on her own terms but also she was generally shit and this felt a bit disrespectful. They kept her last week to give her a chance, the least she could do was make an effort.

Yeah I agree. She's getting an easy ride on Twitter ("so iconic", etc.) but I found it really disrespectful as well, to the show, to RuPaul, just a bad look all round.

Ginny is obviously not really cut out for Reality TV. But it was so cringe to watch. She thought she was 'making a statement', but it translated sooo badly. I don't think it was intentional, because she sounded like she truly wanted to go home, but I can't see her the same after that. It was just so BRAZEN.

I LOVED Veronica sticking up for herself.

Tia extending an olive branch to A'Whora :emoji_heart_eyes_cat: What a gentleman.

The whole edit of the final section was completely bizarre. I 100% get that Veronica was saved by a great outfit (and past form), but announcing her safe was so abrupt! And then everything after that... bizarre. Definitely agree that there's clearly more we didn't see.

I think Michelle nailed it with Ginny really. Started strong, but four weeks in we'd clearly already seen everything there was to see.

Asttina must be FUMING

Veronica was not terrible in the challenge - much better than Sister anyway. She was better when she was not speaking though. The face on her was amusing. :D

Let's talk about what a shitty drag name "Sister Sister" is.

Literally everything about her is shit, right down to the name. She had been shit for three weeks and then this episode she proved to not only be shit, but also basically a bit of a cunt. Useless.

Literally everything about her is shit, right down to the name. She had been shit for three weeks and then this episode she proved to not only be shit, but also basically a bit of a cunt. Useless.

:D Damn

I can see why people found Ginny's exit disrespectful, but I think having thought it would have been her challenge, and possibly not even realising she'd bombed until the judging, I can imagine she'd had the wind knocked out of her sails.

She knew her time was up, made a swift exit, and gave them a memorable reality TV moment - it's FINE.

I have to say Sister Sister earned some brownie points for me with the solo lip sync. And I think Tia Kofi is amazing and would happily see her return as a guest talking head in every future series - personality-wise she's an absolute megastar.

I think Michelle nailed it with Ginny really. Started strong, but four weeks in we'd clearly already seen everything there was to see.

I do think she had more to bring - namely, whatever she would have done in Snatch Game. I'm RAGING we've been robbed of that.

Especially since Ginny herself says she's the queen of improv :eyes:

Her snatch game would be great... As long as she was doing someone Australian...

:D

Strong allusions on Twitter to something major having been cut. Apparently Ginny had some “choice words” for the judges. I wonder why they wouldn’t show it... maybe for her own good? I did hear in advance that one of the queens

tells Ru to fuck off, which could still happen I suppose

According to someone on Reddit (I know, I know) the swearing at Ru stuff isn't true, but when she walked off during the lipsync she did give everyone in the room the finger and they decided to cut around it in the final edit. I could actually imagine that being quite a funny moment in the room, but who knows! Also the lipsync was apparently slightly disrupted due to Ginny "laughing and causing a ruckus" backstage. I think one of the other queens needs to tell us what happened!

Reactions: dUb
To be honest I'm not hugely surprised they cut it. It would've left a much more sour taste around the exit than how it actually went down, which felt far more good natured and celebratory for it all.

Can't imagine WOW are rushing to invite Ginny back for All Stars though :basil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom