Vote for your winner(s)

• Varry Brava - "Raffaella"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xeinn - "Eco"

• Blanca Paloma - "Secreto del agua"

• Total voters
@Alla - what do you think the likelihood is of anything happening here, like the result changing? It still mainly just seems to be fury and rumour?

Nothing's gonna change the result for sure. Not the first time this happens, not the first time this is discussed in the Congress. It is what it is, let's hope we have a good BenidormFest next year and praying TVE's choice is the same than the audience's, so there'll be no riots :)

I can believe that TVE has a preferred entry, I believe that they’ll do whatever they can to get it over the line, I even believe that there is funny business with the juries and so on.

What I don’t get after all this time… why don’t they have a handful of preferences and as long as one of them wins, just let things play out without being so heavy-handed? Surely it can’t be the case every year that there is one and only entry that is the chosen one and nothing else will do?

Because they have to make a deal with a record company (or independent producer, whatever) to make sure they don't spend a single euro in travel expenses, hotels... They have to agree before the national final to make sure they won't spend any money.

So basically @Star using the Moopy funds to pay for me to go to Eurovision then?

Those eurofans running the most popular ESC sites know all this very well, but they can't say it loud because after all TVE accreditates them every year, and for them going to Eurovision as press is more important that anything. That's why the anger and being so frustrated, they can't do anything about it... or else.

Because they have to make a deal with a record company (or independent producer, whatever) to make sure they don't spend a single euro in travel expenses, hotels... They have to agree before the national final to make sure they won't spend any money.
Well hopefully when Benidorm Fest gets bigger they’ll get interest from several record companies a la Melodifestivalen so there’ll be several options with financial backing, one would hope.

Well hopefully when Benidorm Fest gets bigger they’ll get interest from several record companies a la Melodifestivalen so there’ll be several options with financial backing, one would hope.
I hope so, but maybe it's the one that offers more money or whatever. Not being pessimistic, just realistic. Time will tell.

What i don't understand is this. If the objective is to get the best representation at the lowest price or free or whatever, why won't they do this with an internal selection to save themselves and the chosen artist from the backlash?

Because they make money with over 150.000 text messages (they cost a fortune here, around 1.50€), also the Benidorm council paid a fortune to get this done there. The answer is always money.

And the objective of TVE is not to get the best representation :D This is just my opinion, but they don't give a flying fuck if we send something good or not, they just send something decent from time to time because I believe even the EBU has probably told them to stop sending shit. But that's it, they send Pastora and back to some shit for some years, and so on. At least that was until last year because the person in charge changed, and she was lazy as hell. Alexander Rybak told on IG that he had a call from TVE to perform in a Spanish final THE DAY BEFORE. That sums it all.

The first time I was fully aware of all this was with Lucía Pérez. Well the DNash victory was also a fix but they were very clever with that, it's a long story. Anyway, in 2011 we had also semifinals and a final, I knew one of the singers taking part (didn't make the final), and I remember one night out, even before the semifinals, he told me Lucía Pérez was going to win because his producer (who was the songwriter of Anabel's Vuelve conmigo) had a deal with TVE. I was like "yeah right", because she was totally unknown (still is) and the clear favourites to win were Auryn, the fiercely heterosexual boyband where Blas Cantó was, who were starting to have success here (they went really big for a few years after that). But the semifinals took place, then the final, and to everyone's surprise, with a little help from the jury, an unknown Lucía Pérez won. I was writting for some website back then, and I was probably one of the firsts to contact her (as soon as the artists were confirmed) for a very short interview. I asked her for some photos for the article, and she sent me two: a bmp file (a bmp in 2011!) with not very good quality and a jpg of a size of a mail stamp. I'm serious.

Jury 1: 8 Rayden, 10 Tanxugueiras, 12 Rigoberta
Jury 2: 8 Rigoberta, 10 Rayden, 12 Chanel
Jury 3: 8 Blanca Paloma, 10 Xeinn, 12 Chanel
Jury 4: 8 Chanel, 10 Rigoberta, 12 Blanca Paloma
Jury 5: 8 Blanca Paloma, 10 Rigoberta, 12 Chanel

Winning with just 4% of the televote must be unprecedented - at least in terms of the countries that bother to be transparent about such things.

What Tanxugueiras got SEVENTY PERCENT of the televote? :D Do I sense the whiff of the SIM card?

What Tanxugueiras got SEVENTY PERCENT of the televote? :D Do I sense the whiff of the SIM card?
Nah, the share in Galicia was 50%, as in the rest of Spain eurofans and the casual viewer voted, in Galicia pretty much everyone voted, it's been making headlines for weeks there, a song in Galician in the National Final is a first.

Nah, the share in Galicia was 50%, as in the rest of Spain eurofans and the casual viewer voted, in Galicia pretty much everyone voted, it's been making headlines for weeks there, a song in Galician in the National Final is a first.
Got it. Make sense - bonkers, but it makes sense!

And yes, I increasingly agree that Chanel might struggle in Turin. I already don’t feel a need to go back to it.

If she tanks in Turin (and much as I like the song I do think it’s likely) the poor girl will be absolutely crucified.
Understandable, but I think she's really charismatic on stage, any similar song coming from Cyprus or elsewhere will struggle to outperform her.

I know Rigoberta has been magnaminous in defeat (although at this point she’s just a footnote in this story), but have the Witches said anything publicly about the scandal?

Receipts for the correlation between % of the audience share and number of votes or this is just PURE SPECULATION. Higher viewing figures would have resulted in higher number of votes but Galicia is 5% of the Spanish population and Tanxugueiras won with 70% of the public vote across the whole of Spain. Either NO ONE outside of Galicia voted or maybe, perhaps Tanxugueiras was more popular throughout the rest of Spain than Euroloons cared to admit.

Of course is speculation and Terra won the televote, that's a fact. And I'm not saying NOBODY outside Galicia voted for Terra, but I'm convinced Ay Mamá was the most popular song with the audience outside Galicia. I have no proof but no doubt either.

Well this isn’t likely to calm things down…

How does the fuck does 70% translate to 30 points and 18% translate to 25 points?!

I fear this just means next year Galicia won't be invited and the minorities will just be squashed further.

Spain is just so deliciously MESSY :disco: :D I'm gagged somebody thought it was a GREAT IDEA to release those televote results :D

Spain were onto a win/win/win situation whoever of the top 3 they chose regardless. The head of delegation should have realised this, and held some of the songs back for the next two years :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom