Vote for your winner(s)

• Varry Brava - "Raffaella"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xeinn - "Eco"

• Blanca Paloma - "Secreto del agua"

• Total voters
The fact one of the professional juries placed Tanxugueiras below the videoclip is disgraceful. That jury gave 12 points to Chanel, and even when they didn't say which jury gave each points, it blatantly is Myriam, a choreographer that previously worked with Chanel :eyes:

myriam-chanel--750x375.jpg

Omg imagine the UK’s Eurovision entrant being discussed in PMQs :basil:

“well I think it was another dreadful choice by the BBC once again Mr Speaker”
*roll forward a week and it turns out James Arthur was at the ABBA party*

So one of the members of the jury, a choreographer who presumably placed Tanxungueiras last, below the videoclip, and gave 12 points to Chanel, declared they briefly work together just once, but apparently that's not true, they did it quite a few times. I just found out they worked together in a R*** L***** videoclip and I'm done.

• Wow
Reactions: COB
Oh my god :disco: And that's her husband? I thought it was Enorma Jean from Drag Race Italia at first :tongueout:

Checking both of them on wiki and I see they had their own reality show in MTV Spain, that must have been fun to watch.
It had several seasons but it wasn't nothing new really, the thing is they're literally everywhere, all the time, hosting, judging, singing or whatever, it's exhausting.

I think her vocal was slightly better first time, or at least her breath control, but perhaps this was due to the lower mic volume you've pointed out. Either way I think she is excellent, very few can dance like professionals and still deliver this level of breath control and tune. But I also think it may get a little lost in the competition. It's definitely an oasis, and I like to think people will at least reward it for that, but it lacks a big OOOMPH moment to truly be a contender for top5.

I imagine it'll pick up votes from people who watch Eurovision for this sort of thing, but I can very easily see it getting drowned out by something else just because it is just that bit too lowkey as a banger. My guess would be lower top 20 at this point.

I think her performance ability will really help her stand out in the pack, as I do think she's genuinely exceptional.
HOWEVER the song itself could really do with a revamp to take what's already there and supersize it by about 100. She has such an open goal to do that right now too, with only really Albania as the other song in the genre.

I'd say 'only got 4% of the televote' is by far the biggest warning sign for me right now. I appreciate there is probably a little more of an audience that specifically wants something like this from Eurovision than in Spain where this might just seem more workaday, but still.....you'd expect the casual audience in your own country to be more than that if you were headed for success.

I'd say 'only got 4% of the televote' is by far the biggest warning sign for me right now. I appreciate there is probably a little more of an audience that specifically wants something like this from Eurovision than in Spain where this might just seem more workaday, but still.....you'd expect the casual audience in your own country to be more than that if you were headed for success.
To be fair, that televote was distorted because of the Galician block voting (still she wouldn't get much more), but it was more a case of having Ay mamá there, who was already a massive hit here (#1 in the singles chart, that has never happened before). I mean, Chanel would have topped the televote most of the years we had those horrible preselections, but Ay mamá was playing in another league, at least with the Spanish audience.

I think Chanel barely making the top 10 would be a fantastic result, I can't see her doing better than that. If Pastora finished 10th she doesn't deserve much better.

To be fair, that televote was distorted because of the Galician block voting (still she wouldn't get much more), but it was more a case of having Ay mamá there, who was already a massive hit here (#1 in the singles chart, that has never happened before). I mean, Chanel would have topped the televote most of the years we had those horrible preselections, but Ay mamá was playing in another league, at least with the Spanish audience.
Still - you'd expect more of a casual vote to be there!

I just saw the SloMo videoclip, that will be uploaded this Monday, and they removed the whole dance break, wtf? :confused:

I just saw the SloMo videoclip, that will be uploaded this Monday, and they removed the whole dance break, wtf? :confused:
The dance break isn’t in the studio version to be fair.

Not wishing to upset the fans but I've only just listened to SloMo and I assume it's generally perceived that it's Fuego without a tune?

Oh SPAIN!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom